This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172232 by PaperDog
Sat May 05, 2012 3:58 pm
The example of the gay parade draws criticism as it should but it is an issue confined in the US it does not pertain to the subject at hand.


The "Gay" statement was intended as a multi-layered metaphor, , an overstuffed and exceedingly loaded predicate to illustrate that in America, our image in the eyes of others... hardly rests with our behaviours surrounding the sale of weapons, etc .

No need to be sensitive to it, unless you identify with the 5th avenue parade I alluded...(...Everybody knows that fashion floats are horrid)

#172235 by J-HALEY
Sat May 05, 2012 8:23 pm
mexico SUCKS! The mexicans I have met are a bunch of hypocritical rascists! (I mis-spelled) that on PURPOSE LMAO! I love it when folks use grammar and spelling to win an argument. Especially when they know not what they are talking about. For those that don't know me I don't use spell check on forums. Frankly it ain't that important. Anyway I have utilized the ignore function for the first time since I joined back in 2006. Guess who the recipient is LOL! :lol:

#172249 by JCP61
Sat May 05, 2012 10:13 pm
J-HALEY wrote:mexico SUCKS! The mexicans I have met are a bunch of hypocritical rascists! (I mis-spelled) that on PURPOSE LMAO! I love it when folks use grammar and spelling to win an argument. Especially when they know not what they are talking about. For those that don't know me I don't use spell check on forums. Frankly it ain't that important. Anyway I have utilized the ignore function for the first time since I joined back in 2006. Guess who the recipient is LOL! :lol:


You say this a lot, as if you were shocked to discover that most races that associate themselves in nationalistic terms are rare.
it's really the reverse
I believe you will find all races that see them selves or would like to see them selves as confined by a national border are highly aggressive to other cultures and races.
The nation state is a fairly modern notion, only being mature by about a hundred years or so.
#172262 by Vampier
Sun May 06, 2012 5:56 am
... JCP61 ...Very interesting perspective and flawless in as far as I know. What you have stated is factual. I think that the first time the actual term "Nation State" was ever used was at the end of the first World War. I have had this argument before ... most think the term to be much older. I agree with all you have stated. I never thought I would ever do that so I had to say something. Ta

#172265 by Stringdancer
Sun May 06, 2012 11:46 am
JCP61 wrote:
Stringdancer wrote:





http://boingboing.net/2011/06/22/georgias-anti-immigr.html


what are you advocating?

you seems to playing on both sides of the fence.


JH wrote:
mexico SUCKS! The mexicans I have met are a bunch of hypocritical rascists! (I mis-spelled) that on PURPOSE LMAO! I love it when folks use grammar and spelling to win an argument. Especially when they know not what they are talking about. For those that don't know me I don't use spell check on forums. Frankly it ain't that important. Anyway I have utilized the ignore function for the first time since I joined back in 2006. Guess who the recipient is LOL!
_________________



The post above authored by J Heckley is what I am and have been advocating all along, IE to illustrate even in a small measure that the views and opinions of individuals like these expressed in a debasing way do not represent America/Americans as a whole.

This red neck needs to be challenged not only by the people they have offended but by Americans as well, a point of view if it has merit should not be made in a condescending/insulting way and it should stand up on its own.

As for where do I stand on the issue of Georgia or any other state migrant workers, I am with the migrant workers simply because they are going to fear hunger and starvation more so than any laws preventing them from feeding themselves and families, it?s a natural law and no legislation will be able to suppress it.

Xenophobes and short sighted politicians who fail to understand that are spitting in the wind.

Laws are just as righteous as the people who write/adapt them, whereas natural laws formed in an organic way between employers and workers are more valid then any man made law and trying to invalidate a natural process is against nature itself.

#172266 by Stringdancer
Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 pm
J-HALEY wrote:mexico SUCKS! The mexicans I have met are a bunch of hypocritical rascists! (I mis-spelled) that on PURPOSE :


The only thing worse than an ignorant is one that goes out of his way to be ignorant on purpose. JH has been sent to the corner of the classroom facing the wall with the dunce cap on his head.

#172267 by JCP61
Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 pm
Stringdancer wrote:

The post above authored by J Heckley is what I am and have been advocating all along, IE to illustrate even in a small measure that the views and opinions of individuals like these expressed in a debasing way do not represent America/Americans as a whole.

This red neck needs to be challenged not only by the people they have offended but by Americans as well, a point of view if it has merit should not be made in a condescending/insulting way and it should stand up on its own.

As for where do I stand on the issue of Georgia or any other state migrant workers, I am with the migrant workers simply because they are going to fear hunger and starvation more so than any laws preventing them from feeding themselves and families, it?s a natural law and no legislation will be able to suppress it.

Xenophobes and short sighted politicians who fail to understand that are spitting in the wind.

Laws are just as righteous as the people who write/adapt them, whereas natural laws formed in an organic way between employers and workers are more valid then any man made law and trying to invalidate a natural process is against nature itself.



equivocating bullshit.

you either support slave labor or you don't
you can't be a little bit pregnant.

the article you cited was pointed to the fact that with out illegal slaves, the crops didn't get picked, and that was a consequence of redneck behavior in the south.

so do you support cheap vegetables through slave labor or do you support expensive veggies with out.
it was your article and you brought this up.
you want moral superiority without the inconvenience of you personally making a moral choice.
so you are a scoundrel.

#172272 by Starfish Scott
Sun May 06, 2012 1:38 pm
My brain feels a little pregnant this am..oooh don't think so loudly..

lol

#172276 by JCP61
Sun May 06, 2012 2:32 pm
sorry.........

#172299 by J-HALEY
Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm
Let me tell ya'll how I really LMFAO! Never mind. :shock:

#172302 by MikeTalbot
Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm
Dude...

Slaves don't get paid.

Most of the 'slave' labor you speak of is either in CA or migratory.

I worked the orchards in FL and there were all kinds of folks, many Mexicans, few blacks, some whites. All seemed to follow the harvest - they were heading from FL to Wisc. for apples. And wouldn't you know - they paid us!

Your view of the south amuses me. Either you haven't spent any time here or you acted a fool when you did. We're not big on that. :D

Talbot

#172314 by Starfish Scott
Sun May 06, 2012 10:06 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Dude...

Slaves don't get paid.

Most of the 'slave' labor you speak of is either in CA or migratory.

I worked the orchards in FL and there were all kinds of folks, many Mexicans, few blacks, some whites. All seemed to follow the harvest - they were heading from FL to Wisc. for apples. And wouldn't you know - they paid us!

Your view of the south amuses me. Either you haven't spent any time here or you acted a fool when you did. We're not big on that. :D

Talbot


Fools come in all shapes, colors and sizes.
Oh and they come from all over, not just one direction. lol

#172316 by JCP61
Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Dude...

Slaves don't get paid.

Most of the 'slave' labor you speak of is either in CA or migratory.

I worked the orchards in FL and there were all kinds of folks, many Mexicans, few blacks, some whites. All seemed to follow the harvest - they were heading from FL to Wisc. for apples. And wouldn't you know - they paid us!

Your view of the south amuses me. Either you haven't spent any time here or you acted a fool when you did. We're not big on that. :D

Talbot


I was addressing the article he cited.
did you read it?
if there are no illegal workers in the fields then the article is a fabrication.

or you if like to say migrant farm worker instead of illegal aliens., OK call them what you like.

I know for a fact that illegal aliens are under paid in relation to the law and have no workers rights protection,
slaves of the south were fed and housed, so I suppose they weren't really slaves either.

illegal aliens, are unpersons by their legal status so in fact a slave had more rights under US law than a person residing in the country under false pretenses.

as far as you living the life as a migrant farm worker,
well I'll just let that ride.

#172319 by J-HALEY
Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm
JCP61 wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:mexico SUCKS! The mexicans I have met are a bunch of hypocritical rascists! (I mis-spelled) that on PURPOSE LMAO! I love it when folks use grammar and spelling to win an argument. Especially when they know not what they are talking about. For those that don't know me I don't use spell check on forums. Frankly it ain't that important. Anyway I have utilized the ignore function for the first time since I joined back in 2006. Guess who the recipient is LOL! :lol:


You say this a lot, as if you were shocked to discover that most races that associate themselves in nationalistic terms are rare.
it's really the reverse
I believe you will find all races that see them selves or would like to see them selves as confined by a national border are highly aggressive to other cultures and races.
The nation state is a fairly modern notion, only being mature by about a hundred years or so.


You are commenting about something you know NOTHING, NADDA about! :wink:
Your sounding like a DUMB@$$! I'm just sayin :wink:

#172324 by J-HALEY
Mon May 07, 2012 12:27 am
JCP61,

If I wanted to know how to play the notes "that no one else plays" I would ask you. Being as how I already know that. I'll just pass and ask you to shut the PHUK up regarding this issue!

I am just going to ask you WISEGUYS how much money have you made THIS weekend? JCP61? Stringdancer? Chief, Talbout,
I am SURE I made more money this weekend PLAYING MUSIC than you have
Talking your bullshit! :lol:

Sorry for the rant! PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Just sayin :roll:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest