This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6903 by MattZito
Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:56 pm
QUEEN OF MISERY
                          Kevin Gilbert, Patrick Leonard

Bouncing off the walls
Blind and dancing out of frame
Easy friends who will remain
Looking for a home
She wonders who will have the Queen alone

Every night the same
Another man, a dirty boy
Takes a turn they both enjoy
Destiny unknown
He asks if he can take her highness home

Chorus
She's looking for someone to give the love that I denied
Some stranger's brief embrace
To fill the emptiness inside
(Take her home, she's the queen of ecstacy)
(Makes you warm, she's the queen of misery)

Insane domain
Checks her makerup, bites her nails
One more tab, a dreamer's vail
Such a shallow scene
She asks for God to save the queen

Chorus

Bouncing on my knee
The innocense so quickly killed
A father's love left unfilled
How could I have known?
I wouldn't have left my princess all alone

Chorus

(Takes you in, she's the queen of ecstacy)
(Heaven's sin, she's the queen of misery)

Anybody care to guess who the real "Queen of Misery" is? In other words who is this written about.

#6929 by mistermikev
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:23 pm
FOA the real queen of misery is my wife when she gets in one of her moods... but I'm almost positive this writer didn't know her so...
not sure if there is anything specific enough to lead me to any particular queen... I would guess the perspective is a fathers'... moon beam zappa?
Sharon Ozzbourne? Ok, I'll go back and read again...

#6930 by mistermikev
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:26 pm
precilla presely

#6958 by MattZito
Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:54 pm
MrMikeV wrote:precilla presely

Hey Mike,
sorry to hear about your wife.

Buzz

Madonna - Kevin Gilbert and Patrick Leonard worked for her.

#6992 by mistermikev
Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:40 pm
ah, so her dad didn't love her? did he die or something? don't know about him... I'd be carefull admitting what ya know about madonna, someone might think yer a fan!(JK).

#7000 by theBman
Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:17 pm
A couple of single lines that I believe are memorable... I remembered them!

From Tom Waits' Diamonds On My Windshield: "Colder than a well digger's ass." Of course Tom Waits has a g'zillion good lines.

From 10 cc's Rubber Bullets: "We all got balls and brains but some's got balls and chains."

#7001 by mistermikev
Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm
love waitts... gonna lookup that song...
10cc - didn't they do "I'm not in love, not not at all" -awesome song.

#7086 by LemonTea
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:51 am
These are fun to me:
Suicide Ali - Chainsaw

The body which undulates.
I am a chain saw.
The fact which isn't changed.
I am a chain saw.

and Backyard Babies - Payback

C'mon and let my lips do the talkin'
Let my creepers do the walkin'
Let my the fingers do the shivering
'til...Mah!

#7241 by Jacquee Rae
Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:26 am
How about Adam Sandler's performance in the Wedding Singer of...
Love Stinks! :)

#7410 by MattZito
Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:47 pm
MrMikeV wrote:ah, so her dad didn't love her? did he die or something? don't know about him... I'd be carefull admitting what ya know about madonna, someone might think yer a fan!(JK).

Mike

Have you ever heard the "Toy Matinae" cd? If not it's worth checking out

#7416 by mistermikev
Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 pm
hey zito! glad to see you back in here!
let me restate: I love all the fantastic studio musicians around madonna, I just really think she is an overrated singer. Not sure if she has anything to do with her own lyrics/song ideas... cause there are some good ones there... Love that one song about a year or two ago with the 'chopped up' acoustice gtr. "tell me love isn't tru it's just something that we do?" I think that whole tune rocks... except for her part... and that' s not really even cause she does a bad job singing it... I just really don't like her. Think the lyrics are a bit contrived but not bad for what they are. You really could put any decent singing voice in there and that sound would rock cause of all the background work. Perhaps I just can't get over material girl or like a virgin or any number of other silly songs she has done, but she ruins most of her songs for me, if that makes any sense. BTW, just kidding about the whole 'don't tell anyone you like her'. I've admitted I like mj... it doesn't get much lower than that! But theres a guy with a incredibly rythmic voice. hate what I think he stands for... but love most of his music. there... i'm on record now: you could really have a field day with that one!
PS, I was listening to allan h the other day. some song with jeff watson... and I kinda like it... see: you've gotten him in my head.
thanks for that... still not my fav but...
mv

#7427 by MattZito
Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:32 pm
Hey Mike,

I'm not sure you understand. Madonna had nothing to do with that song either writing or performing. The only thing she has to do with it is that she's the Subject.

Kevin Gilbert and Patrick Leonard worked with her but their music is nothing like Madonna music.

I hear these influences on the "Toy Matinae" cd.

Yes
Peter Gabriel
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Gentle Giant
Steely Dan

I think Madonna is a horrible singer at best.
Madonna is not on this cd. She is the subject of one song.

#7446 by mistermikev
Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 am
oops, my bad. I thought you were telling me to check ou the song based on my last post. I can't help that I'm from mars... I may come out of left field sometimes...
so, what da ya think about zappa? personally thought he was horrible on guitar but ya gotta love bozzio(spelling) on drums, and vai on guitfiddle. He's really growing on me lately.
"whatch out where the huskies go... don't you eat that yellow snow"

#7454 by MattZito
Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 am
MrMikeV wrote:oops, my bad. I thought you were telling me to check ou the song based on my last post. I can't help that I'm from mars... I may come out of left field sometimes...
so, what da ya think about zappa? personally thought he was horrible on guitar but ya gotta love bozzio(spelling) on drums, and vai on guitfiddle. He's really growing on me lately.
"whatch out where the huskies go... don't you eat that yellow snow"

Bozio is an incredible drummer. I saw him in 79 when he was playing with "UK". They opened for Jethro Tull. Great concert.

I saw his insturctional video years ago and he did this peace that was just drums and to me it sounded like Stravinsky and when he was finished I think he said that was inspired by Stravinsky. Blew my mind.

As far as Frank Zappa. I'm not a fan of his guitar playing per se(I like some of it) but his writing was something else. I saw him in 81 or 82 with Steve Vai and Chad Wackerman. I think Vai was uinknown at the time.

My fav Zappa
Apostraphe
Overnight Sensation
Just Another Band from LA(Billy the Mountain)
Live at the Roxy
Sheik Yer Booty
Joes Garage all acts

How about you Mike? Did you like any of his music?

Cheers,
Matt

#7456 by SDavis22
Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 am
Have you heard Freak Out! or We're Only In It For the Money? Those are my favorite Zappa (or Mothers Of Invention) records. Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar is cool too.