This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#261526 by schmedidiah
Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:29 pm
I agree. Looking for a keyboard player this weekend, couldn't help but notice the listings are front loaded with people who add keyboards as a third or fourth instrument. I've dabbled on keyboards all my life, but i don't want to claim it as an instrument on there. Nor do I list myself as a drummer. Guitar and bass. Bass and guitar. I show up. I can play those with competence.
#262658 by thegiftofdave
Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm
Lony wrote:Hey Bandmix and everybody!
I am new here. I have been writing and perfoming songs solo (with acoustic guitar) for a while now and I have all this time really been looking for a cool band, to do my originals. I have a very mixed and personal style. My vocals range from deep, warm to punky high. I have a pretty voice, but still powerful and a nice Stevie Nicks-like fast vibrato, but I can control it well (can sing without when I want and need). I have many many songs and ideas, ranging from very pop to rock, country, punkrock (poppy punk) and my lyrics are well from te heart (like any songwriter's of course, we are all very sincere people 8) ). The melodies are catchy and easy-to-love, is what most people say.
Anyway, I guess I stop advertising here, I have just been signing up with a profile and I guess bandmix will work for me too, :)
But I wanted to post here, because I really would love to hear from you what you think of my songs (I have some live vids here on Bandmix ,solo, acoustic) I am looking for some feedback, in general, actually. I have just started out and am still learning, although I do really have a sense of what I want, I am very green and new and love to get tips and suggestions.. I live in Los Angeles ( Studio City) Anyway, love to hear from you and have a blastful weekend :!:

Hey Lony-I wanna hear your tunes. [email protected]
#262680 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 pm
thegiftofdave wrote:
Lony wrote:Hey Bandmix and everybody!
I am new here. I have been writing and perfoming songs solo (with acoustic guitar) for a while now and I have all this time really been looking for a cool band, to do my originals. I have a very mixed and personal style. My vocals range from deep, warm to punky high. I have a pretty voice, but still powerful and a nice Stevie Nicks-like fast vibrato, but I can control it well (can sing without when I want and need). I have many many songs and ideas, ranging from very pop to rock, country, punkrock (poppy punk) and my lyrics are well from te heart (like any songwriter's of course, we are all very sincere people 8) ). The melodies are catchy and easy-to-love, is what most people say.
Anyway, I guess I stop advertising here, I have just been signing up with a profile and I guess bandmix will work for me too, :)
But I wanted to post here, because I really would love to hear from you what you think of my songs (I have some live vids here on Bandmix ,solo, acoustic) I am looking for some feedback, in general, actually. I have just started out and am still learning, although I do really have a sense of what I want, I am very green and new and love to get tips and suggestions.. I live in Los Angeles ( Studio City) Anyway, love to hear from you and have a blastful weekend :!:

Hey Lony-I wanna hear your tunes. [email protected]

Hey Dave, you can check the date of the post before replying - this one was from 2008, and the profile is not even active anymore (no link to it in the post).
#262683 by Displaced Pianist
Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I agree. Looking for a keyboard player this weekend, couldn't help but notice the listings are front loaded with people who add keyboards as a third or fourth instrument...

Another entry for the "Pet Peeves" thread. So many profiles where folks list 20+ instruments they play. I was at Sam Ash a couple weeks ago and fiddled w/ a guitar a bit; should I list that? I once touched a sitar; should I list that too? Come to think of it, I did play all the tracks on my clips; should I list drums, bass, guitar, sax, etc.? Hey, I recorded my clips in Audacity; shouldn't I also list that I'm an experienced recording engineer?

It's too tedious to message these folks (assuming the profiles are even active--in most cases, they aren't) and ask, "So on which instrument do you actually have any ability? Can you provide any clips where you play the glockenspiel?" Desperation makes folks do strange things, I guess.
#262685 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:47 pm
Desperation and ego. :roll:
#263197 by Mixlikes
Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:17 am
First I want to say thanks for accepting my profile. I love music that's why I choose this site to connect with other musicians.
#285736 by Rick Cardona
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am
Just To Warn Anybody That Reads This ... A Musician From This Site Has Stolen An Instrument Of Mine A ( TROMBONE) That Was Giving To Me ... He Used It One Time During Practice ... And Walked Out With It ... Haven't Seen Him Or Heard From Him ... He Has Blocked Me From His Phone And Any Of His Pages ... He Wont Answer My Post Or request ... And We Got To Know Each Other From This Page ... SO IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TROMBONE PLAYER AND HE ANSWERS ... Do NOT Deal With Him ... His Name Is Johnny Ortiz ..He Lives In The Lakeland Area I Think !!! I Have NO WAY Of Getting Ahold Of Him ... I've Requested My Horn Back ...But My Request Just Go Unanswered ...
#285741 by schmedidiah
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm
Um.....ok :roll:
#288214 by VAIL HAYES
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 am
Why is it that most of you musicians are only interested in doing Mustang Sally or keep your hands to yourself?
And the one's that say they are interested in something a little more aren't really. I'm putting together a Flamenco Rock Band that's right a Flamenco Rock Band and yet I can't find a qualified Guitarist or Keyboardist (and you don't need to be a Flamenco Guitarist to do this) and I'm having a difficult time finding one.
Although I have a Guitarist and bassist and (believe it or not a Flamenco dancer who also plays castanets) I'm still need a Guitarist and /or Keyboardist to complete the line up and I'm having a challenge finding one. Now why is that.? Maybe because most of you out there that say you want something different or should I say unique really don't. You just say you do. My band mix # is 1108330 if you want to view my add, profile etc. to get better picture of what I'm looking for. Thank You.
#288217 by schmedidiah
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:15 pm
you should post some audio on your profile and break up the phone number in your profile and post or else it will get scrubbed along with your email address. good luck.
#291515 by AlexaMoon
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 am
Hello everyone,
I am new on the forum and I am making music for 3 years,
I created my own home studio,
I am doing the covers, writing my own songs and planning to release them as soon as possible.
I have to take a little break from music so that I will take the university exam next year.
I have a YouTube channel, and I need 1000 subscribers.
I'm waiting for your support ..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCStejW ... vYiU-8JbbA
If you need subscribes for your channel or have some problems about making music that you can not solve, if you have a question mark on your minds, I'll try to help anything.
Thank you,
Daisy On The Moon
#291518 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:10 pm
dotm18 wrote:1000 subscribers.
I'm waiting for your support ..

:lol:
#292129 by rob1082238
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Question? Why are members listed in venue that aren't people connected to venues?????
It is a pain trying to sift through who is an actual contact with a venue and some random member looking to get into a band frustrating to say the least. Maybe someone can fix this problem I stopped looking at this because it isn't monitor to be useful.
#292134 by schmedidiah
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:03 pm
rob1082238 wrote:Question? Why are members listed in venue that aren't people connected to venues?????
It is a pain trying to sift through who is an actual contact with a venue and some random member looking to get into a band frustrating to say the least. Maybe someone can fix this problem I stopped looking at this because it isn't monitor to be useful.

what? venue? huh?