This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#143963 by Crunchysoundbite
Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Bored Feet Ltd. is the name of my shop. See Christian Music topic for more details. 8)
#144407 by Bonjovi
Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm
BMix wrote:Hey everyone,

We wanted to first thank you all for being part of the bandmix community. In the forum, we want you to openly discuss all music topics. However, we must insist that you always reply to other members' posts/comments with respect. If you disagree, do so in a respectful manner. If a member is repeatedly disrespectful, they will be removed from the forum.

Thank you.
:D hi my is mary lanning iam looking foe felmales for my band
#149067 by Airomee Wind
Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 am
Solo performer who is looking for exposure. Prospective Grammy Nominee Airomee Wind, is looking for a Pop style artist who wants to play for exposure, at the Airomee Wind (Next Michael Bolton) Live. Grand opening concert on July 8th at Day Murray Music in Murray Utah.

We have invited Congressman Jim Matheson, Jeff W Director of the Excellence In The community concert series. Salt lake County Mayor Peter Coroon, and Salt Lake City, Mayor Ralph Becker. As well as Lisa Neeshan, owner of Spirit West Studios here in Salt Lake where Barry Manilow and David Cook have recorded their best works.

One Pop style performer is desired to perform a single number as a solo performer.

This event is free to the public so there is no financial compensation for performance. But this may be a good opportunity to perform before some very influential people. Artist will be performing a upscale environment.

Selected guest soloist may be considered for regular paid performances, at our Summertime concert series throughout the months of July, August and September.

Please submit your best work in MP3 form to [email protected]

We will contact you if interested.

:idea:
#149071 by RGMixProject
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm
Airomee Wind wrote:Solo performer who is looking for exposure. Prospective Grammy Nominee Airomee Wind, is looking for a Pop style artist who wants to play for exposure, at the Airomee Wind (Next Michael Bolton) Live. Grand opening concert on July 8th at Day Murray Music in Murray Utah.

We have invited Congressman Jim Matheson, Jeff W Director of the Excellence In The community concert series. Salt lake County Mayor Peter Coroon, and Salt Lake City, Mayor Ralph Becker. As well as Lisa Neeshan, owner of Spirit West Studios here in Salt Lake where Barry Manilow and David Cook have recorded their best works.

One Pop style performer is desired to perform a single number as a solo performer.

This event is free to the public so there is no financial compensation for performance. But this may be a good opportunity to perform before some very influential people. Artist will be performing a upscale environment.

Selected guest soloist may be considered for regular paid performances, at our Summertime concert series throughout the months of July, August and September.

Oh for Christ sake! Why don't you sell your $50 suit and pay the performer. People are there with 6 figure incomes and you treat musicians like crap. How disgusting.
#149083 by Airomee Wind
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 pm
Have you ever heard of paying your dues? Dude? Musicians somehow think the money just magically flows out of no where. Not to be rude, but wake up and smell the coffee. This is a recession.

People aren't going to pay for your concerts until your making a six figure income. That means most of the world knowing who you are. Were hoping to get good sponsorships out of these people. And opportunities playing at major city and state festivals. So sometimes you have to pay your dues to get lots of $$$$ later on in life.

Hence I say many musicians, are well crafted in music. But most musicians don't know a damn thing about how the business side of the music industry works.

If your not in Utah, please do keep your replies off this thread. This is for musicians in Utah only. I don't want spammers on this thread. thank you!
#149095 by Bixl
Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm
Hello all I am new to the site! Just wanted to say hi and that i am excited to hopefully find a band to play with or just some new friends~
Bixl 8)
#149143 by PaperDog
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 am
RGMixProject wrote:
Airomee Wind wrote:Solo performer who is looking for exposure. Prospective Grammy Nominee Airomee Wind, is looking for a Pop style artist who wants to play for exposure, at the Airomee Wind (Next Michael Bolton) Live. Grand opening concert on July 8th at Day Murray Music in Murray Utah.

Oh for Christ sake! Why don't you sell your $50 suit and pay the performer. People are there with 6 figure incomes and you treat musicians like crap. How disgusting.

RG I understand your sentiment, but there is something to be said about these kinds of performances.
I know of two guys, who one day took up an offer to play in a country club for free...just for exposure, and they met some influential fellas, who would later pass on , by word of mouth, the talents for better gigs. The two guys: They were adolescent teens, one named John Lennon, and the other named Paul McCartney... Just saying :P
#149883 by Daniel Towsley
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 pm
PaperDog wrote:
RGMixProject wrote:

RG I understand your sentiment, but there is something to be said about these kinds of performances.
I know of two guys, who one day took up an offer to play in a country club for free...just for exposure, and they met some influential fellas, who would later pass on , by word of mouth, the talents for better gigs. The two guys: They were adolescent teens, one named John Lennon, and the other named Paul McCartney... Just saying :P
It is honestly why when I've heard him shell out advice, I pass him over. As it seems more based on personal preference than anything else. One must learn to listen before speaking. As well as one must see opportunity exists, where money does not. For myself I'm no where good enough to take up that opportunity but I'd most certainly do this if I was more seasoned. Additionally I'd keep doing venues for cheap or free. For me I just would be happy to do something other than my art.

#150242 by Donu
Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 am
This page is a great method to connect to others. Congratulations on a job well achieved. I am anticipating your next entry.

delta faucets
Moving Companies Memphis tn

#150378 by Xessio
Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 am
It is my great pleasure to look at your site and to enjoy your great posts here. I like it very much. I know that you put much attention for these articles, as all of them make sense and are very useful

bean bag chairs kids
tech pr firm

#152517 by Rhonzilla
Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 am
hey you members ...I have a question ..I am really needing to get back out in the limelight again ...I miss the once a week practices and at least once a month performances at venues. What is the best way to let band members know that I am seriously wanting to play and would love to tryout for their band? I have seen local bands' profiles on Band Mix, but do not know how to get their attention. Can ya help me out? Thanks.. Rhonzilla

#152520 by gbheil
Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:48 pm
Rhonzilla wrote:hey you members ...I have a question ..I am really needing to get back out in the limelight again ...I miss the once a week practices and at least once a month performances at venues. What is the best way to let band members know that I am seriously wanting to play and would love to tryout for their band? I have seen local bands' profiles on Band Mix, but do not know how to get their attention. Can ya help me out? Thanks.. Rhonzilla

Paid membership ... send a message.
Know where they are playing ?
Be there!

#152522 by PaperDog
Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 pm
Rhonzilla wrote:hey you members ...I have a question ..I am really needing to get back out in the limelight again ...I miss the once a week practices and at least once a month performances at venues. What is the best way to let band members know that I am seriously wanting to play and would love to tryout for their band? I have seen local bands' profiles on Band Mix, but do not know how to get their attention. Can ya help me out? Thanks.. Rhonzilla

Sans Has it right... You can get a 3 month subscription for cheap... Just make sure to disable the Auto renew feature...once you upgrade the account.

Also. remember that whatever the price is..think of it as the lowest economic investment you will ever have to pay to obtain the possibility of being in the greatest band in the world..if you get my meaning...
#152928 by djaling
Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:53 pm
im rizki djaling 22 years old. im a singer.. i would like to join a serious band that would like to add me as a vocalist. i live in indonesia, but i have plan to move to US, to live there, to make band there, to live and work there... my email address : [email protected]. i would like to send my portfolio music and voices..