This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#235041 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:38 pm
dimarzsiao wrote:Hi! I'm Fred.
-new here
-just moved last January here in Renton, WA
-from the Philippines
-been playing guitar for about 20 years now
-used to play with a band back home
-presently a bedroom guitarist

Hi Fred, welcome to the BM forums! They just underwent a complete revamp after being down for about a day, so we'll see if activity picks up now.
#236094 by Devikah
Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:43 pm
Greetings and salutations, guys.

Just became a premier member and looking forward to what it has to offer.

I am a new session/substitute drummer in the Las Vegas area and will be taking a hiatus, shortly, from the School of Rock to make myself more available for performance and recording gigs.

Feel free to knock on my door when you have a session or substitute drummer need in my neck of the woods.

Thanks.

Devi
#237198 by clancy1032744
Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 pm
While I was searching for local musicians to start a band: TATTOOLENNY from oly, please call or message me, we need to jam.From what I have seen and heard.. This is the same direction I would like to go. I think we have similar styles and could possibly make a good fit.
360-470-0245 Clancy from Elma,WA
Yo- Japesy73 from Oly, call me or message also pleas,e as I don't have full access to this site as of yet.
#237359 by AvatarFest
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:23 pm
Hi ALL..QUESTION!!!! Let's say every other month there is an event (so 6 events per year). There are 30 bands scheduled to play at these events as either an opener or a headliner (roles rotate through out the year). So i'm curious to know which sounds more appealing to you?

a) (Total of 30 bands) At each event only 5 bands perform.
CONSIDERATIONS
- By the end of 6 events in the year, each band would have gotten to perform at least one time
- fewer bands performing at an event means a bigger concentrated audience. In other words, more people would be present during all of the performances than if it were a 10 hour event.

or

b) (still only 30 bands total) the first group of 15 bands perform at the first event, the second group of 15 perform at the second event, the first group of 15 perform at the third event, and it continues to alternate for all 6 events..
CONSIDERATIONS
- all 30 bands are guaranteed to perform at least 3 of the 6 events
-This would be a longer event. The number of concentrated fans in the audience will be smaller due to them showing up at different times over the course of x amount of hours.

so i guess what i want to know is, would you as a musician prefer to be guaranteed 3 performances in a year, but most likely a smaller audience, or , a guaranteed 1 performance in a year to a large audience? And, what other thoughts do you have on this topic in general?
#240358 by ChrisBrown657378
Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:07 pm
Looking for small bands or solo acts to play small outdoor setting in Springfield,Mo
#253731 by schmedidiah
Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:11 pm
my___willie wrote:all of these forum members are total ass hats with holes bigger than the universe. the fag boy queers with rainbows cumming out of their butts need a good dicking to feel best each day along with lots of coke.

log live the queers!!!!

Finally, someone who's looking to get banned. Let's see if it actually happens. :lol:
#254928 by sheldon1113846
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:20 pm
PLEASE SHARE! It's time to blanket craigslist again to find my missing baby! I thought why not use Facebook! My Les Paul signed by Slash was stolen years ago and I need everyone to share this in hopes a friend of a friend of a friend might have or know of its whereabouts. It would mean EVERYTHING to have it in my arms again. I am willing to pay or raise WHATEVER it takes to get it back. DON'T JUST LIKE THIS POST SHARE IT! PLEASE!!!!!!!! [email protected]
#254929 by RGMixProject
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:33 pm
sheldon1113846 wrote:PLEASE SHARE! It's time to blanket craigslist again to find my missing baby! I thought why not use Facebook! My Les Paul signed by Slash was stolen years ago and I need everyone to share this in hopes a friend of a friend of a friend might have or know of its whereabouts. It would mean EVERYTHING to have it in my arms again. I am willing to pay or raise WHATEVER it takes to get it back. DON'T JUST LIKE THIS POST SHARE IT! PLEASE!!!!!!!! [email protected]

Do you have a picture or the color and model/SN?
#260494 by dave1103511
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:12 am
Hey BandMix Friends...There is a Musician's Networking Night coming up on June 21st in Morristown, NJ. Free Food, drink specials, live music, music industry pros and an All-Star Jam headlined by Bernard Purdie. This event if free for musicians and you can get more details and register at www.luuvamusic.com

Hope to see you there.
#261200 by BandeGirl
Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:29 am
Hello everybody!! :D My name is Bande,, I'm brand new here at Bandmix....SO I am still trying to make myself familiar with this website....It seems to be a pretty neat place to be a part of a community full of talented musician and singers.... So I'm glad I stumbled across this site. I'm a singer and bass player,, mostly in country music,, but also classic rock and even Gospel ...... Well, I better get to figuring out how to use this website :lol: Take care everybody....Bande
#261520 by brian572358
Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm
The BandMix Team seems to be content charging for a site that makes it extremely difficult to find appropriate musicians. I've made plenty of suggestions for improving the site, all of which have been ignored:

1. There should be a category for Primary Instrument which can be searched on. So if somebody checks "keyboards" they do show up in my search for a keyboardist.

2. Require actual influences, as opposed to the standard "too many to list" (i.e. too lazy to list).

3. Make it clear that listings without demo materials will largely be ignored.

Otherwise, I can't think of a good reason to pay for this service. And I have been a paying member in the past.