This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#68844 by Jazzman47
Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm
:D Hello Bandmixer's,

It's the jazzman here in stockbridge Ga. I am a member of a small church in Stockbridge, Ga. Right now the church is only a handful of members. I am the minister of music with only one guitar player. To make it plain I am the only person in the band. I am seeking a Bass player, keyboard player, Drummer and any other God given talent that you may have. If you are looking for a nice bible preaching church home and would like to use the talent that God has blessed you with, I welcome you and challenge you to be faithful with what God has given you and even if it's just a little bit of talent God will bless you with the increase if you are willing to be faithful with the little bit that God has given you. We can learn and grow together. This is the perfect opportunity to start fresh with a church band and please let this be your passion and calling from God. You can reach me at 404-693-7320. If no answer please leave a message. May God continue to bless you.

#68854 by gbheil
Fri May 29, 2009 3:53 pm
Welcome.

If you want musicians on this service to take you serious and get the best results from your time here, there are a few things you should do.

1: Post some examples of your music on this site. (profile)
2: Use the search function to locate muso's in your geographic region.
( Acceptable travel range)
3: Send messages to each and every musician you get hits on reguardless of genre' or instruments type.
(people know other people = networking)

Oh, and I know God looks out for his children, but I am pretty sure he would assume we are smart enough not to post our telephone numbers on an international public forum.
Not intended as a knock on you my friend, but ya know HE helps those whom help themselves the bestest.
(Ever heard the joke about the blonde who prayed to win the lottery?)

Good luck!!

#68948 by RhythmMan
Sat May 30, 2009 2:43 am
Also, check Craigslist.Com and Backpage.com.
And start a myspace account.
#78905 by fiddlebob
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:17 pm
I recently moved from Arkansas to Texas, and I am looking for an acoustic Jam in my area, White Settlement, Texas. Please let me know if you have a jam and can put up with another fiddle.

fiddlebob

#80822 by Wraun
Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:37 pm
Arsin wrote:I'm new to this and like what I see so far. I've had our profile up for a few days now and haven't had much traffic. I'm looking for a drummer in the Toronto area and have seen many worth contacting but unfortunately I'm not a paying member and a lot of these guys don't leave any contact info; so if you play drums or know of anyone who does and is looking for a good band please check out my profile, listen to the tunes, and contact me...thanks.

http://www.bandmix.ca/arsin

Hey good job on YYZ, wish I were in TO
#84226 by EL84
Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:52 pm
Hi there loni! hope you are doing well today. Just wanted to pop by and leave a few kittens...ur...i mean tips. I can only assume you like to play guitar and sing 2. Good, that will help u some. It's okay to do a cover song now and again, but you must always remember where your controlling intrest are in this buisness. Always write original music and have it copyrighted at the us patent office. patent.gov. cause that's
what you do. music and lyrics. Always smile. unless your playing the blues. I can't tell you how but your gonna need a good acoustic like
a martin or what i mean to say is you need a good acoustic. Did i say that? well just in case i didn't mention it you need a good acoustic guitar.
do you like folk music? well...dont get hung up on labels, cause you might
find a flavor of music you like than what your into now?! here are a couple of good people to look up and see what they do-Allison Krauss, and Kasey Chambers. These are just examples. Contact Columbia/sony records or Warner bros. You will have to submit any material through a lawyer though. but i was just trying to offer a few tips. Stay in the light
pretty lady! 'Duane :)

#86950 by http://www.myspace.com/su
Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm
:( You guys are going to revamp your site, and fast. There is just no traffic and no emails from nobody replying to our search for a drummer in Tucson. Bought the first month, and it may be my last. People seem to register but very few are active, maybe because of low or non-existing traffic.
Good luck...
#89289 by mrg2u
Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm
We are on the lookout for a new drummer. Phoenix area. If you would like to check us out go to...http://thefkrband.ning.com/. The site is new and is open to any and all . Post music, pics, amd vids...MRG2U

#90204 by Southernboy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm
YOU RUN THIS PLACE WITH AN IRON FIST, KINDA LIKE HITLER OR STALIN!!!!

#90352 by Chippy
Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:19 am
There are a few other places.

#95255 by Nina x
Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Hi everyone, I am new here. Living in walsall at the moment just moved here 6 months ago from ireland. :D

#95263 by RhythmMan
Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:44 am
Welcome, Nina.
Alan

#95320 by gbheil
Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:00 pm
Welcome;

Post me some audio, video, and more pictures.

I'm selfish like that. 8)
#99387 by MichelleRoss
Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:29 pm
Hi everyone. Im new here and been reading and it seems like a pretty cool place. Anyways been having a hard time finding Country musicians, but gonna try my luck here. Look forward to chatting and making new contacts and friends. Michelle

#99388 by gbheil
Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm
Welcome Michelle:
Not a lot of country musicians represented on the forum, but some very talented ones. All genre' are welcome.
Your search for like minded musicians via this particular media is greatly enhanced by the uploading of audio examples of your work.
It has been mentioned by many that they ignore profiles that lack audio content as "posers" or not being serious about their craft.
Please understand I am not attempting to label or belittle, just inform.
Best wishes on your musical journey.