This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8749 by mistermikev
Sun May 20, 2007 3:07 pm
Hey v&b - much respect.
Yeah, I had to change my pic cause bluesman was throwing out these devistating pseudo names for me like "muscleman" and "bigmac breath". I just couldn't take his razor sharp witt anymore.

I really don't have anything against you bluesman... I don't think I have said anything that would upset anyone with any constitution... but in all honesty -you lack the same ability to jab and weave that davis brings to the table... you really aren't in his class... but please... keep at it... someday you'll actually surprise me and zing one in there that I'll actually care to respond to... until then...
I can see you really need the last word... even when you say you wanna 'extend an olive branch' - then you throw in a parting attempt at witt... keep practicing, it's ok... I understand... you feel like you need to 'get me' yet... so since you need the last word so desperately, go ahead and take it... I suppose one does need a sense of accomplishment from time to time - whereever one gets it from.

#8771 by The KIDD
Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 am
Hey Gang,

Yeah , MMV ,your so right about Davey :lol: There was many a chapped ASS when that dude made the scene...Hell, now that you gave him a forum on the beeeoch-slap line, where is he?. :lol: ..Well , I for one have enjoyed you and the bluesman going back and forth...I hate to see it end...I was enjoyin much success and $$$ playin music right about the time the bluesman drew his first breath...As for you MMV,74 is my favorite year ...Most of the tunes I do come outta that year...Hell, I got laid that year :lol: Life was good.Yeah , us oldtimers have had many successes over the years so it doesnt bother us that we may be N/A for the bis now.
Ill stay lost on the backroads...Dont need to see the interstate anymore...Jesus , what am I smokin tonite :?: :lol: :lol: :P

Ok boys,lets get back at it...

Fron the OLD BASTAGE

#8785 by mistermikev
Mon May 21, 2007 6:15 pm
hey kidd, thanks for the kind words. U R OK by me.

#8802 by bluesman25
Tue May 22, 2007 5:04 am
Mike,

Keep telling yourself anything necessary to make you feel better about who you are as a person. I just read back thru all our posts from start to finish and you remind me of that chap on monty python's holy grail who didn't know when both his legs and arms were cut off and refused to stop fighting. You don't need reality, you just need a healthy dose of stubborn self dillusion. You made nothing but a fool of yourself and you're too stupid to realize it. How many times do I have to take your direct quotes and prove them wrong...not "opinion wrong" but "wrong wrong." Your name should be Wrongie Wrongerson. Like the Bonnie Rait thing...or the Bele Fleck thing, time and time again I end up having to pull you back down to earth and say "oh I'm sorry, but you're the epitome of infectious ignorance." When you get BUSTED like that for talking out your rear, it kinda zaps the validity from your other arguments. Typical and predictable Mike though always manages to be the foremost authority on everything when you don't even have all the facts, or the wisdom to interpret the information you have.

I could care less who gets in the last word. No amount of words would ever make you less of a tool. Respond with whatever nonsensical idiocy you can manage. I won't be around to read it. I'm not patient enough to wait till you get booted from the thread like last time.

Have a nice life...please stop stalking me

#8804 by mistermikev
Tue May 22, 2007 11:28 am
For a minute there I thought there was hope for you afterall bluesman... I almost thought it was self restraint that kept you from posting.
I guess u r going home to cry then?
I'd like to make a final point about bonnie rait...try not to take it personally.
I said she never "made it big" till she was older... you said she was playing with muddy waters while she was young... but when did she make it big? The fact of the matter is -no one knew who bonnie rait was until she redid a little song by john hiatt called "thing called love". By the time that song hit the charts she was old. Did SRV 'make-it-big' playing for david bowie or was it his work with double trouble? There, I responded to one of you criticisms. Go put one notch on your belt and run, run away.

#8808 by RhythmMan
Tue May 22, 2007 1:53 pm
. . . and yet another good discussion totally destroyed . . .

#8809 by mistermikev
Tue May 22, 2007 2:24 pm
oH, CMON now samich... we discussed the issue, we laughed, we cried... we dissagreed... is that so wrong?

#8813 by RhythmMan
Tue May 22, 2007 5:34 pm
You're like a loudmouthed, self-centered drunk at a party. 10 people will be having a nice, quiet discussion, and the drunk barges in and monopolizes the conversation.
So 8 people quietly slip away, and the other 2 people get stuck arguing with a self-important drunk.
This may come as a surprise to you, but most people don't care what your opinion is. You're nothing but aggravation.
And - you can leave the name-calling in grade school, where it belongs. Grow up. Only children resort to name calling.
How'd you like people to call you "Ms Mike," or "Michelle," because you're so bitchy? Go start your own site somewhere, & leave the rest of us in peace.
Or at least just sit down and shut up for a while.

#8816 by mistermikev
Tue May 22, 2007 5:57 pm
well if everyone sits down and shuts up - this won't be much of a CHAT site then will it? So who's opinion is ok with you samich?
I don't expect anyone to agree or like my OPINION... this is not a popularity contest... but since this is a site dedicated to people expressing their OPINION I am going to go ahead and express mine as much as I like... I don't see a problem with that. I don't think our moderator will have a prob with that either... as long as I don't swear or make racial remarks.

I'm not calling anyone any names (except you samick - mostly cause of how fond I am of you), I'm not even biotching... just dissagreeing.
If you wanna call me a drunk then go ahead... but I think you are being more offensive than me -simply expressing my opinion.

Are you really just bent outta shape that I told you your jazz music isn't very good (ps it's not even jazz)? Or does it stem back to when you were telling me 'I don't know anything about finger picking' cause "you have 25 songs copywrighted"?
I ask because I was kinda standing up for you and your kind (old ppul) in here. What would you like us to do - come in here and agree on everything?

#8823 by Vocals & Bass
Tue May 22, 2007 9:40 pm
Guys I think the world of both of you. We are all in this for the same thing, Our love for music & women. Well at least the women, Speaking for myself. 8) It doesnt matter who's level of talent is compared to others. Its the satisfaction we get for ourselves by being musicians. Our own personal satisfaction playing our music that we each as individuals love, Is all that counts. No one else can ever take that from us. Religion is between you & your music, Just as your relationship with God. [As an example] I think we all should be concerned with our own personal talent, etc. only. Not others. except as a band. I myself, invite constructive criticism. There are times to stand back & observe situations around ones self. Know & understand your own faults before you judge the faults of others. Becuse we all have them. Believe me, I have plenty of them. And I know my limits as a musician. Look at the best aspects of others, Not the worst. Sincerely, VB......Peace!

#8826 by mistermikev
Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 am
V&B I would agree with you on that...

you are often a voice of reason amidst the chaos of ignorance... and I like that you rarely take sides... it's an admirable quality.

I agree with you, but then again, there is a time and a place for everything... and if someone is so brash as to go beyond debate and into the range of argument: all bets are off, and anything is fair game.

#8828 by Vocals & Bass
Wed May 23, 2007 12:34 am
I hear what your saying Brother, Used to be a time with me when my Pride was simply 'unforgiving'. Music has not only saved my life more than once, Its made me a better person. After all, Music comes from the heart & soul. Thats why I know you are a good person. You show your true colors &, You dont knowingly lie, I sense that you are honest with yourself & others. And like me, If insulted? Well.....I can be the nicest person that you could meet, If crossed. 'I wont & will not tolerate rudeness. And then again, As the old saying goe's "Anyone can fight, But it takes a man to walk away". Your loyal & true friend for Life, VB.

#9207 by Bytor10464
Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:32 am
The answer is:

"Never".

Plain-n-simple....

:twisted:

#9223 by C.Cat
Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:06 pm
I intend to make music for the rest of my life

#9560 by Guitaron
Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:15 am
You are never too old to Rock as long as you keep on learning new things. I'm 57 and will never forget my past music experiences but wll always keep learning new forms of music.