This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#7027 by Lady Rocker
Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:52 pm

Newberry Michigan......been there.........gotta be tough finding a gig there.

Did ya get my other post?? What brought ya up this way??

#7033 by stevedrums1
Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

#7207 by djmistat
Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 am
in my opinion your too old when either you physically cant do it, or dead.

#7213 by RhythmMan
Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:12 pm
Yeah - that's all well & good . . . but, you're REALLY too old to rock when they start playing your music in elevators. :)

#7225 by Irminsul
Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:14 pm
djmistat wrote:in my opinion your too old when either you physically cant do it, or dead.

From some pretty chilling stories I've read, being dead doesn't stop some musicians either.

#7231 by Jacquee Rae
Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:51 am
Samic I loved your response to this!!
Scary thought that you are hearing yourself in the Elevator. LOL!

Irminsul ~ I've got chills

#7232 by stevedrums1
Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:53 am
Nope when i'm dead... I think that... it's A new begining... it's Timeless. (RUST NEVER SLEEPS.) " Neil Young"

#7233 by Vocals & Bass
Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:21 am
"What we achieve in Life, Echos through Eternity"..............

#7236 by The KIDD
Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:45 am
Hey Gang,

Yeah , I was in an elevator 25yrs ago and heard jumpin jack flash...The lead instrument bangin out the melody sounded like a trombone :lol: ..We all laughed at the time becuase that was that "Old 60s'stuff", Im not laughin anymore cause MY 70's stuff is musak now...Where did the time go...Im gettin ready to be on a big learning curve with a new band...I decided to join the 21st century...The killers, 3 doors down, nickelback, creed, violent femmes, Seether, Jimmy eat world, etc.ALL gonna be new material for me. :lol: .I think this oldtimer is gonna cut it..

John

#7239 by Vocals & Bass
Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 am
The KIDD wrote:Hey Gang,

Yeah , I was in an elevator 25yrs ago and heard jumpin jack flash...The lead instrument bangin out the melody sounded like a trombone :lol: ..We all laughed at the time becuase that was that "Old 60s'stuff", Im not laughin anymore cause MY 70's stuff is musak now...Where did the time go...Im gettin ready to be on a big learning curve with a new band...I decided to join the 21st century...The killers, 3 doors down, nickelback, creed, violent femmes, Seether, Jimmy eat world, etc.ALL gonna be new material for me. :lol: .I think this oldtimer is gonna cut it..

John
Good to see someone else my age, besides me getting into 3 Doors Down, Seether, etc. Alot of Low-D, Some of these bands are tuned in Low-C on certain songs., 5-string bass almost a must. [with any style these days] You will enjoy the excitement of playing covers to the bands mentiond. Rock On "KIDD"! You will love it. PS. Check out, 'The Gift' By "Seether'. The Best Of Luck Brother!

#7247 by The KIDD
Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm
Hey VB,

Thanks for the encouragement....Yeah , These guys , "Cold Shot",are just N of you in the Marietta ,Parkerburg area...Thank GOD they do some some 70s too....Ive been going to amazon.com and listening to pieces of these new tunes. :lol:.None of it sounds too difficult...I think the "old",a name we 45 and up have been given on here ,are just resistant to change.
We've had it OUR way for so long...I love gettin on myspace and readin the ads...EXP.....We needa drummer ASAP and NO FREAKIN 40s' :lol: ...They dont realize that we're just like thet are...only in an older body... :lol:
I still talk of 77 like it was just 5-10 years ago ... :lol: So really Im just a "big kid".Most musicians I know who are 55+ say they havent changed much in their 40yrs...Les paul who is around 93-94, still looks like he's havin blast...Can you imagine that cat carryin a fender twin up a flight of steps :lol:

John

#7250 by Jacquee Rae
Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:57 pm
Hey KIDD ~ V&B is right. Just Rock it KIDD style. Music is music whether there is an 18 or 50 year old playing it. What matters ,at least, in my opinion is how much of you that is given to the music.
Check out napster.com. They have an option where you sign up but don't have to pay and can listen to the music. You can't download or copy them at all, but you can hear the songs in their complete version, not just 30 second snippets. :)

#7258 by Irminsul
Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm
You know, there is the school of thought that says you know you've hit the big time when your music is heard in elevators and lobbies. I believe music providers like Muzak only reproduces hit tunes.

OK, recommended listening for everyone: "Music for Airports and Elevators" by Brian Eno. It's not what you might think. Let me know what your reaction is.

#7408 by Susan423
Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:28 pm
ask Keith Richards... :wink:
#7444 by Johnny Cool
Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:23 am
You stop Rockin when you don't feel it anymore. It is not a job, a career and no grammy is gonna make me continue and nothing will make me stop singing my songs when i want to sing them loud and clear.

I don't do it for the crapy labels, the crapy agents, i do it because it makes me feel alive in this falling world where almost everyone seems to wait for their death day after day.

The day they will tell me to stop singing my songs... i will scream my songs ! It feel's good to ROCK !

Johnny Cool