This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#156637 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Oh so now you're clairvoyant? How do you know how I live? Or when I will retire? Or how I work or my employer's policies? You're just another bitter, failed cuntry singer, piss off.

#156639 by KLUGMO
Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:22 pm
You dont defend yourself well. Your house was seen in an earlier photo of yours.
No employer would condone bickering on the internet while
paying you.
You are still a wannabe hanging onto The Stooges coat tails being dragged
along till you are feeble and grayer than you already are.
It's not clairvoyance, just logic and observance. You have had a problem with me
from the beginning and I think actually it is a predjudice against
my genre which is another musical ethic flaw that erodes you in your
pathetic existance.
Just stay in your cubical and pretend old man.

#156640 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:32 pm
My house was seen on an earlier photo? What the hell does that even mean? And I have a nice office, not a cubicle, I listen to classical music all day and write code when I'm inspired. I also enjoy making fun of ignorant, racist hillbillies. Thanks for the diversion.

#156641 by KLUGMO
Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:50 pm
"I listen to classical music all day"
I work with code only when I'm inspired.
I make fun of people and call them names on the internet when I should be working.
I am thankful for things that divert me from work.

Boy, you must make the big bucks.

[/b]

smh

#156643 by yaboylo859
Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:23 pm
It amazes me how narrow minded some folks can be! I can tell which of you truly doesn't like their life and plainly tries to bring misery upon others. Klugmo, I truly do Feel sorry for you. I hope that someday you will find inner peace and see that we as a species are not your enemy,and that trying to belittle someone only plays a role in diminishing your persona. Feel free to ridicule and unleash your narrow-mindedness on us as we continue on with our wonderful,joyful lives. Again, someday you'll learn that life is beautiful.

#156644 by jw123
Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm
To the OP, sorry you got in the middle of all of this back and forth personal stuff.

$25 per song is a very good rate.

If you are used to doing Hip-Hop you may need to adjust your rate some for a rock band. My bassist has a studio and when he does bands it can take quite a bit more time. Getting drums miced, levels on various instruments, plus a lot of the bands he gets dont have the best meter. He also does Hip-Hop, normally these guys bring in canned music and he adds to it. I have gone in on some of these and added some crazy guitar noise.

Anyway, if you can do folks for $25 per song, in my opinion that is a good rate, no matter what genre you play.

Good Luck with your studio.

Ive found on this site that the best way to stay out of the negativity is just to ignore the folks that put it up, and only respond when folks want to talk about music, and for goodness sake stay out of the political, religious threads, there is no straight answer and the arguments just warp my feeble mind!

So your forewarned!

Have a Great Day!
#156647 by yaboylo859
Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm
Yes setting up for a rock band will definately be a challenge, but we are up for that, and hip hop is really easy, I myself love playing guitar and enjoy throwing riffs in here and there. I am heavily influenced by Metallica and Megadeath from the mid 90's, actually have a killer remix of "for whom the bell toll's" I appreciate the kind word's and you're right I should avoid the confrontation's, but I just couldn't help myself, I feel that someone has to enlighten 'em,lol. again,thank you, we are still young in this career and are used to adversaries, I think it comes with the musical territory,someone always has to be steppin' on someones toes. Guess it kinda runs deeper than the music though,as I think about it, seems like there's always somebody tryna sh*t on someone somewhere. In the Hip Hop industry we say it like this "hate on haters" lol

#156650 by KLUGMO
Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 pm
well yaboy you find yourself in a position that others have before.
jimmy danger picks and chooses his opportunities to snipe at me. Your
thread happen to be the one where it happened this time. So dont get on
your high horse with your judgement of it. Dont feel sorry for me. Feel
for jimmy and his need to ridicule at will, certain people on this forum.
There are others that find themselves in his cross hairs. Dispite your
personal feelings of who is the bad guy here. I realize this is your first
exposure to someone like jimmy. He is calculating and focused with the
shots he takes. YOU don't know, You haven't been here. My sharp and
pointed returns were much deserved by him. He feels above everyone here
and eludes to that regularly. Paperdog and I were trying to point out
things you should have included in your first opening. If we hadn't, people
would still be wondering the details and probably not give your request
a second thought. As it is now they know.
In ending, you shouldn't judge so quickly.[/b]
#156651 by yaboylo859
Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 pm
I agree with you to an extent, but you don't have to come across so brisk, if you are truly trying to help, constructive critisism is the best way to be accepted in an adult environment. I felt like you were attacking me because you either didn't like my genre of music or just simply wanted to be one of the first to assault the newbie. I tell you what,you guys really want to help,send me some songs that I can mix and master for you,on the house,two each for the first five to submit,all free,that way people can hear my work with different genres. [email protected] if you could submit the vocals and instrumental separately that would give me more head room for mixing and mastering. That would also b my way of saying,no hard feelings. So the first five to submit,ill mix and master two songs for you,free,on the house.

#156652 by KLUGMO
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 pm
Thanks yaboy for the offer but I really am loyal to the group I use now.
My profile exibits demos that I feel more than happy with. Their skills
are very high, I think you would agree. Welcome to the forum and always
keep your waders on when entering here. This is a great place and all are welcome.
The ones that stay are usually strong in character and thick skinned.
This is more than a music forum. [/b]

#156665 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm
Boy and I thought I had issues getting along with the public.

What are you even arguing about that carries this much weight>?

"No reason to get excited, said the joker to the thief.."

Choose your battles !!! Don't let them choose you..
#156669 by jw123
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:55 pm
yaboylo859 wrote:I agree with you to an extent, but you don't have to come across so brisk, if you are truly trying to help, constructive critisism is the best way to be accepted in an adult environment. I felt like you were attacking me because you either didn't like my genre of music or just simply wanted to be one of the first to assault the newbie. I tell you what,you guys really want to help,send me some songs that I can mix and master for you,on the house,two each for the first five to submit,all free,that way people can hear my work with different genres. [email protected] if you could submit the vocals and instrumental separately that would give me more head room for mixing and mastering. That would also b my way of saying,no hard feelings. So the first five to submit,ill mix and master two songs for you,free,on the house.

Wow Klug maybe you should take them up on this, thats the best offer Ive ever seen on this site.

I stay out of the personal mudslinging these days for the most part, Ive got way more pressing issues than getting into that, if its not about music, playing, guitars, band discussions I just ignore it.

Maybe you should try that Klug, it always takes two to tango and lately you seem to be on one side of a lot of these things. I would think you have way more productive, positive things to be doing than engaging in this sort of thing.

Have a Great Weekend

To the OP I dont have anything prepared to send, If I did I would, good luck with your studio, dont pay no attention to the haters, they are everywhere!
#156671 by yaboylo859
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm
My offer is still valid,no one has submitted a single track yet so looks like you'll have plenty of time lol. I was n a crappy mood, I really shouldn't have been snappy myself but it happens,look forward to networking with you guys,have a great Halloween,its showtime for us starting tonight woo hooooo

#156673 by jw123
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:06 pm
Cool yea weve got a halloween gig tomorrow night, so does Jimmy Danger, I told him in a pm to send me some karma around midnite sat night so I dont go out of key in my solos after midnite, dont know why that happens? Think it could be the beer?

Nahhhhhhhhhh!
#156674 by yaboylo859
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 pm
Can't blame the beer,faulty strings I'd bet,lol we actually have a full plate for the first time in ten years,two shows this weekend then start a five city toys for tots tour Nov 11th then a nice venue Nov 25th so 8 shows n about four weeks,we are loving it! Good luck tonight man,should be a crazy wicked weekend, #inmybestadamsandlervoice