This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#156679 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:04 pm
I think alot of musicians have trouble getting along
with the public. (I know I have my moments)

I've listened to more stuff by the Farley's than I ever
listened to by the freakin Stooges ( tho when the 3 of
them get together they are funny)

Act don't react.
Forgive as fast as you can so you get the
most benefit from it. ( wish I could do that)

#156684 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:18 pm
$25 per track is actually way too cheap. When I hear that rate, I think (a) this person doesn't have enough experience to know that is going to wear him out for nothing and/or (b) must be crappy. Still that's an unbelievable rate for a demo.

I'm recording an "emergency album" next week but Kentucky is too far away for my musicians.

Klug...bro! He who makes you angry, controls you.

#156685 by KLUGMO
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm
I used to let him poke with no responce, but now just fed up with him
and over react. Dont want people here to believe the way he portrays me.
I care. He's just a bully I know but I'ld really like to beat his ass so
then we could be friends. Isn't that how it works?[/b]

#156687 by blues edge
Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:59 pm
I think what your tryin to do is very admirable, but I'd still need more info. I do a similar thing , 5hr sun + 2 4hr week night demo for $300. list all your equipment , I use a mackie 24 track , alesis masterlink , ramza 32 ch digital mixer, tannoy monitors & sub, 2 akg 414 ,2 at 4050 2 akg c2000 , 1 audix d6, 1 ev 408 , 1 sennhieser 906 , 1 sm57 1 sm94 1 sennhieser 421, 3 rooms tracking room 14 x 23 , mix room 14x15, vx/ iso 14x10 , lexicon & tc elec reverbs , delta lab echos , dbx compessors, kinda like that , sorry couldnt help jumpin in on your thread.

#156723 by PaperDog
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm
Klugmo, Jimmy... I think it was Rodney King who asked the most amazing question to the press..."Can we all just get a lawn?" ... I heeded and Now I mow the neighborhood ... :)

As for the studio Rates, I agree that 25.00 per song is way low, giving rise to suspicions about Quality of Service, by those who might not know better. On the other hand, its refreshing to see that somebody recognizes that the market is full of those who dabble in the dream, but are dirt broke... So I would say , carry on and help the little guy out.. But if you find the golden goose amongst them, make sure you are poised for industry standards all the way around, including the fees and rates.

#156743 by gtZip
Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:53 pm
$25 a track is cheap.

James, don't confuse typing SQL statements with writing code. ;-)
I believe that you make good money doing it though.

#156789 by jimmydanger
Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 am
Zip, since we became a RoR shop most of our calls to the DB are through the ActiveRecord ORM but I still write my fair share of Sprocs and UDF's.

#156823 by gtZip
Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:02 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Zip, since we became a RoR shop most of our calls to the DB are through the ActiveRecord ORM but I still write my fair share of Sprocs and UDF's.

Wow, you're an RoR shop?
Ruby has come a long way. I used it prior to Rails coming out, and it was a tough sell for anyone who wanted to use it at the workplace. Now it's everywhere.
#156826 by yaboylo859
Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:35 pm
I do everything "In House" We are currently working on getting a separate building for the Studio,then we will upgrade, as for mixers, we have never needed more than a few input's and fortunately we have a shop just down the road where we can rent any equipment needed, I prefer Mackie but Alesis has always been a great choice for low budget engineers. I don't set standards of quality on prices. We try to give every local artist the opportunity to record their music and be heard. It's not always about the money, I feel we will make great friendships and learn about other genre's of music, as well as allow people to have great sounding demo's at an affordable price. The music on my page was mixed and mastered by myself, with the equipment I use on a daily basis. I'm no genius by any means, but I feel that my passion for music is what allows me to offer rates so low, I enjoy music and if I can make money while making someone else's music sound great, well, what more could I ask for? Thank you guys again for giving your input, it is most valuable to me.