This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#135080 by Mike Nobody
Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:10 pm

#135084 by BG1212
Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:15 pm
I'm new to band mix and when I saw this thread, I thought that it was so similar to my situation. Took time off to raise a family. Now I'm 45 and looking to start a new band.

My thoughts are that I am not getting any younger and I got plenty of time to pursue my dreams. The good thing about taking all that time off is that I have had plenty of time to hone my skills and write a lot.

Maybe Band Mix will help us both! Good Luck.

#135086 by philbymon
Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:17 pm
Welcome, BG! Good luck to you!

#135175 by TheCaptain
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 am
wow, 21K + views
must be a record for non sticky threads huh?

shoot, I'm even in there back in 07'

#135177 by Crunchysoundbite
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 am
Yeah, I know the drill about how life is passing you by. I' m 50 and yet, if for nothing else, I please myself. If others can enjoy the sounds that you make, then your'e there. I would Bet it is not your greatest talent, not your forte' so to speak. If we were all Jimmy Hendrix, we'd all be dead. Live and rock. Rock to live, Meanwhile, Keep bringin' in the stuff that keeps your marriage and family. If in your spare time you find that you are a music artist, and others recognize you as such, build a sound that is your own. Think of Tom Petty, his simplicity with outrageous riffs. Listen to Blue on Black (not Tom Petty) and you'll hear a perfectly written song. One More thing, you're not an artist until someone else says your so. CRUNCHYSOUNDBITE 8)

#135178 by Mike Nobody
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 am
Crunchysoundbite wrote:One More thing, you're not an artist until someone else says your so.

What does it make you if everyone disagrees on what you are?

#135195 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:51 pm
Mike Nobody wrote:
Crunchysoundbite wrote:One More thing, you're not an artist until someone else says your so.

Confused?

Not everyone agrees on anything, Mike...

#135201 by BassBastard
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm
Mike Nobody wrote:

:twisted: METALLL!!!!! :twisted:

#135204 by KLUGMO
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm
I am 53. I believe the problem for most of us is finding each other.
I have been searching for a situation I could be happy in for over a year
right here on BM. Finally it happened a few weeks ago. The point is
don't give up. I needed a lead guitar, keyboard, drummer, rythm guitar with vocals and a bass player. I found them all right here on BM.
There is probably someone just like you wanting the same thing less than
5 miles from you right now. Go talk to people. Put up a sign. Ask questions.
You need to give it energy and effort. If you don't you are guaranteed to be alone in your house playing for the walls.

#135205 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 pm
I'm gonna start a new band. It's gonna be all ppl over 50, & we'll dress up like Telletubbies & do pig squeals while we play in 3-4 different keys at the same time! I think WV is ready for this band! If you're interested, hit me up!

Now...if I could only come up with a humorous name for it...

#135206 by KLUGMO
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:53 pm
The Squeeelers

#135207 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:58 pm
Hey Klugmo - there's a band right up the road a bit from me called, "The Incredible Driftin' Whistlepigs!" I kid you not. They're also BM members, listed in Berkeley Springs, WV.

#135209 by KLUGMO
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:10 pm
My band tentativly will be called "Pale Granger"

#135210 by Mike Nobody
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm
philbymon wrote:I'm gonna start a new band. It's gonna be all ppl over 50, & we'll dress up like Telletubbies & do pig squeals while we play in 3-4 different keys at the same time! I think WV is ready for this band! If you're interested, hit me up!

Now...if I could only come up with a humorous name for it...

The Village People?

The Elderlytubbies?

Telletubbies are the best drug band since the Grateful Dead.

#135211 by philbymon
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm
KLUGMO wrote:My band tentativly will be called "Pale Granger"

Careful, man! I just KNOW someone's gonna say it's "Pole Ranger!"