This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#150979 by fisherman bob
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:43 pm
I read through this new feature on my Bandmix account. I still don't understand how it works (dumbass that I am). Has anybody used this new feature and could anybody explain it better?
#151160 by PaperDog
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm
fisherman bob wrote:I read through this new feature on my Bandmix account. I still don't understand how it works (dumbass that I am). Has anybody used this new feature and could anybody explain it better?

Bob,

The D.A. is a feature which automatically generates and sends your Audition Alerts to other musicians in Bandmix., (Up to 100 of them) .

The selected musicians are based on Music/Instrumentalist requirements criteria that you have established beforehand in your profile.

When other musicians receive your Audition Alert, they are given an option to respond to it (hence... notify you that they are interested in auditioning for you. )

In turn, you have an option to follow up on it and respond back to them with instructions, details, etc. .
What I do not know, is if you have to be a paying member to send details, etc on it .

I am a paying member. To date, I have received one inquiry through D.A. I followed up by messaging the guy with my contact information ... He indicated his interest in a response...but then I never heard back.

#151162 by gbheil
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:24 pm
It looked interesting.
It seemed as if it may have been a useful tool when I had the need.
Without need I had not investigated any farther.

#151163 by Slacker G
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:39 pm
I am not a paying member but I received an e-mail from someone on Bandmix asking me to do a digital audition for them. I have no idea why someone would even ask me that. I looked to see if they were a current poster but they weren't.

Evidently it isn't a paying members only thing.
#277603 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:02 am
I get digital auditions to join tribute/ cover bands, even though I clearly have those labeled as things I don't do on my profile. :roll:

Re:

#277645 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:35 am
Slacker G wrote:I am not a paying member but I received an e-mail from someone on Bandmix asking me to do a digital audition for them. I have no idea why someone would even ask me that. I looked to see if they were a current poster but they weren't.

Evidently it isn't a paying members only thing.

No one knows what exactly a 'digital audition' is really supposed to be. Consider it an invitation to audition by submitting a video or audio link to your work.
#277698 by Planetguy
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 pm
hmmmmm. sounds like something involving a proctologist. :shock:
#277699 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 pm
Thanks Mark, for reminding me why I decided not to become a veterinarian.

Talbot