This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#145726 by Black57
Sun May 01, 2011 6:27 am
Chaeya wrote:Toxic, you're on the right track. But it's true the record companies discouraged black people from getting into Rock. Mother's Finest (I met them by the way) went through hell and then pretty much were pushed back into doing R&B type songs. I caught all kinds of hell. And like I wrote above, a huge number of black people, because of cultural conditioning refuse to jump on the rock, punk bandwagon. When I dress the way I do, I catch more hell from black people than I do anyone else because they just won't jump out of the box. Many black punkers and rockers have complained more from the lack of support and downright ostracizing from black people themselves than from whites.

Chaeya

Not just record companies but black media such as Ebony and Essence magzines are very discoouraging.

#145727 by Mike Nobody
Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 am
Chaeya wrote:Toxic, you're on the right track. But it's true the record companies discouraged black people from getting into Rock. Mother's Finest (I met them by the way) went through hell and then pretty much were pushed back into doing R&B type songs. I caught all kinds of hell. And like I wrote above, a huge number of black people, because of cultural conditioning refuse to jump on the rock, punk bandwagon. When I dress the way I do, I catch more hell from black people than I do anyone else because they just won't jump out of the box. Many black punkers and rockers have complained more from the lack of support and downright ostracizing from black people themselves than from whites.

Chaeya

ImageImage

Black punks, I think, get more support from the scene than black metalheads, JIMHO.

#145749 by drag57
Sun May 01, 2011 3:19 pm
yes yes mothers finest

#145792 by Black57
Mon May 02, 2011 3:22 am
Black people would have had a bigger spot in rock history if blacks did not get in their way. Probably the worst form of racism.

#145793 by Mike Nobody
Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 am
Black57 wrote:Black people would have had a bigger spot in rock history if blacks did not get in their way. Probably the worst form of racism.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame frequently eliminates Rock's early black pioneers in favor of more popular names from the 70's.

#145795 by Black57
Mon May 02, 2011 4:47 am
Mike Nobody wrote:
Black57 wrote:Black people would have had a bigger spot in rock history if blacks did not get in their way. Probably the worst form of racism.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame frequently eliminates Rock's early black pioneers in favor of more popular names from the 70's.

Blacks are missing in this genre of music, not because they wannabee.

#145801 by Krul
Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 am
Why no Asians in Country? :P

#145804 by Mike Nobody
Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am
Kruliosis wrote:Why no Asians in Country? :P

http://youtu.be/A7ZPwxeE6n0

#145818 by Starfish Scott
Mon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm
Do Asians actually play c+w?

#145834 by Lynard Dylan
Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 pm
Cause metal sucks

#146220 by Daniel Towsley
Sun May 08, 2011 1:24 am
fisherman bob wrote:How many black stars are there/have there been in country music? I can think of ONE, Charlie Pride, and ZERO black women stars in country music. I think that's self-explanatory.
I think someone else deserves a note, and that's Deford Bailey. Whom might I add predated Pride. For females please look before playing into the aspect of silly (ignorance is not fun). You may simply look up :

Rissi Palmer,Dona Mason,Linda Martell, there are more too (gasp who knew?), also to point out the Pointer Sisters won a country grammy for "Fairytale" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQWgKvvbT1g

True maybe only one song of theirs but still its country and its by black women ... and who hates racial profiling hmmm?

And for everything else in racial. When did color ever play into music? Musicians should know color has nothing to do with what comes from ones heart and soul. Just figure people have nothing better to do with their lives. So lets poke fun at everything that's not like me eh? =) That just shows me racism in whole or part is still very much alive in most people's lives.

#146496 by MrsJonDeer
Fri May 13, 2011 3:34 pm
If you think there are no black people in Metal... Maybe you should do a lil more research... I know alot black people in metal. Look at the lead singer from Straight Line Stitch. She is a black female. Or God Forbid... He is black. Well there are two for ya...