This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#128749 by gtZip
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm
YEAH, you were supposed to have sent it to me
:twisted:

#128752 by Metal D
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:49 pm
I still have my Strat. Was going to sell it, but...I just couldn't do it. There were only 821 of them ever made. Even though it's not my choice axe, it's still the easiest to totally SHRED on. I tried to get Fender to make me a Custom Strat, but they wouldn't even do half of the work that I wanted done to it. What kind of Custom shop is that? And now they're ruining Jackson...what a shame! :evil:

#128766 by CraigMaxim
Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:24 am
joseph6 wrote:
If Sean gets the same criticism all the time, why does he continue to post the same things?

I have a feeling, it's because he is not posting for your personal enjoyment Joseph! ;-)

joseph6 wrote:
Perhaps the most confusing part in all of this is WHY you are defending him so adamantly...

I just think it is unfair. He doesn't post very much. Why should it upset anyone? He is a really good guitarist. Why does he get trashed so much, juet because it is a style someone else likes to mock? I didn't like it any better, when people here trashed Country music either. Musicians should not be trashing other genres, simply because they are not their favorites. I did some of this with screamo, but thinking better of it, I have backed off. I'll still tell people that I think an entire album of screamo is overkill, as compared to using it sparingly as effect for a song... but I say it like that, and keep it civil. We are "ALL" artists and musicians. The last thing we need to be doing, is trashing one another, over.... MUSIC!

The only real value I see in being unmerciful to someone, is when they are not very good at their craft, yet think they are, and claim they want to "make it" and want opinions... Then it is Simon Cowell all the way!

I am a fan of Sean. Just as I am a fan of "YOU" Joseph. I defend him, just as I would defend YOU, if someone claimed you sucked as a songwriter!

#128833 by philbymon
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm
I just want it to go on record that I have no opinion.

The music isn't anything that I would recommend, but he does it well.

#128834 by Shapeshifter
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 pm
This is all I'm going to say about it.

Not for my personal enjoyment? Funny. Could have sworn this thread had my name on it... :lol:

Other than a few small issues, I don't have a problem with his playing. I think he is talented-and have said so before. And I NEVER said he sucked.

My issue is with his approach. It's his attitude. And yes, that sucks. He's demonstrated before that he's not looking for any kind of critique. He's showing off...and the only thing I'm doing is acknowledging this fact-and letting him know I'm not impressed. Can I play guitar like that? Hell no. Wish I could. That being said, there's far more to music than standing in front of a camera and wanking.
Again, I'm merely offering advice, through responding to his posts.
If he doesn't want that input, than my suggestion would be to NOT post on a public forum. :wink:
Is this a personal attack? Probably, being that the issue has everything to do with his personality and virtually nothing to do with his playing.

To the point: Sean, your videos are a perfect example of a good job half finished. You know your instrument and you have a lot of talent. Now, your next video should be of you playing with a band, or before an audience, or demonstrating a different skill in some way. I've seen every vid you've posted so far...now stop re-posting them...and don't entitle them as "WOW!!!!!!"...Leave the wows for us. You don't have to pat yourself on the back so hard or so often.
I have a lot of confidence in what I do, but I have never come on BM and said "Wow, Y'all! Look at how awesome I am!!".

#128838 by Shredd6
Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 pm
Crip2nite wrote:ditto

Now I'm pissed that I got rid of my Strat... He made that axe scream! I just ordered another Strat yesterday.... I forgot why I loved them so much!

What model did you order Kerry? I've been messin' with my Strats lately too. There's one problem I've always had with them. I don't like how the Volume knob is so close to the strings. It makes it hard to palm-mute the high E and B strings. So I've been doing this to them:

These are actually Franken-Strat copies, but same design either way. I never understood why Strats have 2-tone knobs. They don't need 2 the way they're typically wired. So I have one Volume, and all pickups running to one tone. It's much more comfortable to me, and allows me to accomplish those particular palm mutings easier.

#128849 by Metal D
Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 am
Been doin' something similar to my axes for a while now, Shredd. My SLS Soloist has a black plug in the body where Jackson always puts the volume control. Just bypassed the tone control and moved the volume control down to that position. In the case of my Prestige though...the volume control is still really close, but with the way that the Zero trem is...it's hardly noticeable that it's even there. Another win for Ibanez!!! :twisted:

Oh yeah...my Strat is the "Straight Six" Strat, so the volume control was out of the way from the factory.

#128876 by Crip2nite
Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 pm
Shredd6 wrote:
What model did you order Kerry? I've been messin' with my Strats lately too. There's one problem I've always had with them. I don't like how the Volume knob is so close to the strings. It makes it hard to palm-mute the high E and B strings. So I've been doing this to them:

These are actually Franken-Strat copies, but same design either way. I never understood why Strats have 2-tone knobs. They don't need 2 the way they're typically wired. So I have one Volume, and all pickups running to one tone. It's much more comfortable to me, and allows me to accomplish those particular palm mutings easier.

I ordered the same exact one that I got rid of :

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar

Exact same color....which is the reason it's on back order...The "Tungsten w/Maple Neck" Is only made by order for some reason....I freakin' love the color! Here's my old one:

#128889 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 pm
He plays well enough, he's just lacks originality of any kind.

That and his attitude is that of someone who has a large ego.

Cover bands would love him, if they can stand him.
Original bands will get the same licks he sticks on YouTube player.

And F*CK YOU Craig, you bitch more than any ten women.
Take it down a notch, you wimpy jerk. If you don't like what people say, don't read it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not just you.

Until you become something big, don't let your ego write checks your ass can't cash.

Opinions are like assholes...You aren't commenting on something political, give it a fing rest.

#128946 by CraigMaxim
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:41 am
Capt Scott wrote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Yeah moron, and I am expressing mine. :roll:

Is EVERYTHING you say, dipped in stupid?

#128997 by Sean Derek
Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 pm
Thanks Craig, can't wait to put something to your songs!

#129035 by neanderpaul
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 am
I'm sitting here grinning at Capt's last post and then got to this and almost woke the wife laughing out loud!!

CraigMaxim wrote:

#129094 by CraigMaxim
Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm
Sean Akins wrote:
Thanks Craig, can't wait to put something to your songs!

Me too brother! I'm gonna find some time to work something out!

#129095 by CraigMaxim
Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm
neanderpaul wrote:I'm sitting here grinning at Capt's last post and then got to this and almost woke the wife laughing out loud!!

CraigMaxim wrote:

I know, I know, I kind of feel bad (It was funny though) - I can tolerate, well, I even like the Capt. up to a point, but... You get to that limit... especially when personal attacks are used in place of a normal conversation.

I'm trying to get along with EVERYONE. Hopefully that was my last zinger for a while! LOL

#129099 by Starfish Scott
Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:19 pm
Craig, you can yap all you want.

It's what you do, you jackass. You are a failed politician wannabe.

You don't even talk music, you talk sh*t.

If you like Sean so much, try doing something to help him.

I think he's just so much ear and nothing else.

Originality is something that you can't teach. Just like Lynard Skynard for all intensive purposes is dead.

So whatcha going to do now, fat boy? Oh and don't forget to write as much as possible, saying as little as you can.

Pfft. You're mental roadkill at best.