This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#119274 by CraigMaxim
Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 am
philbymon wrote:Ya know, when you start countin' yer freckles & worryin' about it, I really think you need a dramacologist...just sayin'...

Yeah, bro but... Some things that look like freckles turn out to be skin cancer! :shock:

But as a guy, I get you. My wife has anxiety disorder, and yes, I HAVE, slipped up once, and screamed at her that it was ALL IN HER HEAD! Which is technically true, but it does nothing to comfort her, or alleviate her disposition. Instead, when I talk her out of it nicely, which is what I usually do, then it helps get her over it. And you know what? Having done this alot for her, especially early in the relationship... she rarely suffers from panick attacks any more.

But in your case... it's a small price to pay, to remind her that she's cared about, right? ;-)

#119309 by philbymon
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:15 am
I comfort her as well as I can, Craig.

Can we have some fun with the concept of a dramacologist, now?

#119311 by philbymon
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:20 am
I do what I can for her, Craif.

Can we have some fun with the concept of a 'dramacologist,' now?

#119319 by Black57
Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:50 am
philbymon wrote:I do what I can for her, Craif.

Can we have some fun with the concept of a 'dramacologist,' now?

One minute, I am taking this thread seriously...the next moment I am cracking up. :lol: I am glad your wife is okay Philby...I had to laugh about the "dramacologist"...my kids need one of those. Craig you are absolutely right. I like having the support. But my husband hates when I come with him on a doctor's appt. One time he kicked me out of the room, because I ask too many questions and I talk too much :?

#119320 by CraigMaxim
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:27 am
Black57 wrote:
Craig you are absolutely right. I like having the support. But my husband hates when I come with him on a doctor's appt. One time he kicked me out of the room, because I ask too many questions and I talk too much :?

I'd think it would be good to ask as many questions as possible. But guys just like to be "guys" sometime, I guess. Maybe he feels like... "Don't mother me honey... I got this! I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself."

I think it's awesome that you care enough to go with him, and ask the doctor plenty of questions. Somewhere inside, he probably does too... but being a guy, he can't admit that!

LOL :wink:

#119330 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 pm
I am opening the first NJ DRAMACOLOGIST OFFICE>.

"The Capt./errrr DR. is IN" lol

And you may pass out when you see my bill.

#119333 by Black57
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:54 pm
CraigMaxim wrote:
Black57 wrote:
Craig you are absolutely right. I like having the support. But my husband hates when I come with him on a doctor's appt. One time he kicked me out of the room, because I ask too many questions and I talk too much :?

I'd think it would be good to ask as many questions as possible. But guys just like to be "guys" sometime, I guess. Maybe he feels like... "Don't mother me honey... I got this! I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself."

I think it's awesome that you care enough to go with him, and ask the doctor plenty of questions. Somewhere inside, he probably does too... but being a guy, he can't admit that!

LOL :wink:

Matt is the kinda guy that really doesn't want to acknowledge anything wrong. But when something is wrong he does need his "mommy". He really does. He had surgery last year and before the surgery he told me not to worry and to feel free to come and go. Basically no need to change my life. :wink: When he was taken to his regular hopsital room he asked me to stay the night. I ended up living at the hospital, which is what I expected anyway. He has some problems now and will not go to see a doctor, nor is he trying to take care of himself.