This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#115199 by gbheil
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:31 pm
Racial or "uniform" ( uniform, as in the way you dress or conduct yourself physically ) profiling works well as an detective and law enforcement technique because all too often the profiles " fit ".

Whatever you do don't leave your cave unattended around those Neanderthals. They will steal your wheel and piss in your fire. :lol:

#115205 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:49 pm
Thats beautiful Craig but all I see is the new racisim at any and all cost.
As far as America being the punching bag for all the world problems stop, talk to the hand. The only reason why America is so great is because we have accepted all the people of the world to help make a one nation under God.

There is no room for any racisim, period.

#115206 by Black57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:49 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Here is my 0.02. A generalization.

All people will naturally gravitate towards others of their own ethnicity.
It is natural not racism.
Speech, no matter how distasteful or offensive to others must be protected.
Once "we" started drawing lines of distinction as to what "words" can or cannot be used we began a slow slide irreversible into slavery.

So please calling someone a nigger or a cracker or a kyke or just an asshole only does harm to the one applying the label.
And no it's not the same as yelling fire in a crowded theater so spare me that lame analogy.

Then again lets just make abortion retroactive. That way I can just shoot the dickhead dropping F bombs behind my family in the theater just before I yell fire. :wink:

Ugh, I am so glad that you said nigger and not the "n" word...takin' me back to my roots...refreshing. :wink:

People will indeed gravitate towards other of their own ethnicity. But I have to say this. Some 20 odd years ago
Back in the day,when I was "young" enough to go to the prom. My date, who's black and a trumpet player, and I were the first ones at the hall so we sat down, thinking that we would start the "black section"- not one black person sat at our table.You know who did sit at our table? Other band kids :? Meaning, we were the only blacks sitting at our table 8) I still get a kick out of that today. We weren't sitting at the "black" table , we were sitting at the band table. Go figure.

Glen-J,
Those words of MLK have been struggling since that bullet was put into his head. Honestly, I had not heard what the president said regarding the wealthy whites not wanting to send inner city children to school. I don't really understand why he would say something derogatory of 1/2 of his ancestry. Plus what he said doesn't come close to the pain of the many lynchings, church burnings, desegregation etc. that has occured just within the past 5 years. I can't imagine much of anything being worse than that.

#115209 by gbheil
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 pm
My " people " of Bohemian origin were not considered "white" when they came to America. ( damn bohunks we should not have to go to school with them )

I don't defend racial (or any other) hatred Mary.

But we do tend to migrate towards those whom are like us .

Be we longhairs, rednecks, jocks, or musos.

It is human nature. 8)

#115210 by Stringdancer
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 am
Ah race the eternal dilemma for a racist, much has been said over the years on this topic there is nothing that I can add to it other than mention the contribution of the African/American to this country,

They were there during the revolutionary war, the civil war, ww1, ww2 and every war the US has fought and they did well it in spite of the constant and ubiquitous discrimination, so whether the racist likes it or not African/American have earned the right more so then some other races to be respected.

For the past half century people’s consciousness in three continents have been changed for the better of Humanity by three colored individual, they did it without firing a shot or spill a drop of blood, it started with Gandhi in India, followed by Nelson Mandela in South Africa, culminating with Martin Luther King in America, whites to achieve these momentous changes would have resorted to war as in the Civil war.

I for one I’m glad that African/ American are part of our social fabric, can’t imagine America without Top dance, Blues, Jazz, Rock& Roll, R&B, Rap.

During the red scare period when GI Johnny was arming himself to the teeth and Igor in Russia was doing the same American pop culture by way of Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino Elvis Presley and white artists covering African/American music had already invaded Russia, not Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby nor Pat Boon mind you, only
African/American music even though it was forbidden by the Kremlin.

#115212 by Black57
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:04 am
sanshouheil wrote:My " people " of Bohemian origin were not considered "white" when they came to America. ( damn bohunks we should not have to go to school with them )

I don't defend racial (or any other) hatred Mary.

But we do tend to migrate towards those whom are like us .

Be we longhairs, rednecks, jocks, or musos.

It is human nature. 8)

I know Sans, I agree with you. :shock: But sometimes we are not always who we think we are. :wink: Hatred is an ugly thing and I know you're not advocating ugliness.

#115214 by Black57
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:07 am
Nav4c wrote:Ah race the eternal dilemma for a racist, much has been said over the years on this topic there is nothing that I can add to it other than mention the contribution of the African/American to this country,

They were there during the revolutionary war, the civil war, ww1, ww2 and every war the US has fought and they did well it in spite of the constant and ubiquitous discrimination, so whether the racist likes it or not African/American have earned the right more so then some other races to be respected.

For the past half century people’s consciousness in three continents have been changed for the better of Humanity by three colored individual, they did it without firing a shot or spill a drop of blood, it started with Gandhi in India, followed by Nelson Mandela in South Africa, culminating with Martin Luther King in America, whites to achieve these momentous changes would have resorted to war as in the Civil war.

I for one I’m glad that African/ American are part of our social fabric, can’t imagine America without Top dance, Blues, Jazz, Rock& Roll, R&B, Rap.

During the red scare period when GI Johnny was arming himself to the teeth and Igor in Russia was doing the same American pop culture by way of Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino Elvis Presley and white artists covering African/American music had already invaded Russia, not Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby nor Pat Boon mind you, only
African/American music even though it was forbidden by the Kremlin.

That's because we are so damn cool! 8) African-American music music was forbiddin by the Kremlin because our music represented "FREEDOM".

#115216 by KLUGMO
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:12 am
First of all Craig your example with the dog is not relevant in this discussion unless they have had direct racial experiences with the cops. She gave no indication of that and that track record could be applied to many places. You really shouldn't come down on me or anyone else on any other thread for trying to find out the complete story and facts. Sometimes people will only see half the actual story. Especially when a young person is involved. Remember he came home with the story. She wasn't there. You say (maybe) the cop wouldn't have pulled them over. You don't know the cop the kid or the real situation. You are assuming an awful lot to jump so heavily on one side. Christian has no relevance here either unless YOU are using that as a weapon against me to favor your side of the discussion and for that you should be personally embarrassed.

No one thinks everything is perfect now and all is equal.

You should be interested in the facts and missed facts of the story
to get to the true picture.
Everyone knows we have come a long way in a short period.
Everyone is amazed at there being a Black President.

Come down off your useless banter soapbox and quit using 57s discussion to fluff your own feathers.

#115220 by CraigMaxim
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 am
sanshouheil wrote:
Racial or "uniform" ( uniform, as in the way you dress or conduct yourself physically ) profiling works well as an detective and law enforcement technique because all too often the profiles " fit ".

Except, that much of this is BLATANT RACISM rather than profiling, as used for a security tool. Well dressed black men, STILL get pulled over for being in too expensive of a car, having broken NO LAWS whatsoever.

Look... there's no defending the STILL ENDEMIC racism that exists in the police force.

#115222 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:42 am
Sorry , Mary , you sound like some one starting to defend a racisist.
There is no excuse , period.
This isn't fourty years ago , this is today, That is why so many Americans voted for a man to be their leader. There is no such thing as green and purple and white and black.
And he came out and said yes there is. You don't get it do you?

#115223 by KLUGMO
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:44 am
What an insulting blanket statement to law enforcement.

#115224 by CraigMaxim
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am

No Klugmo,

I have not missed any of the facts. We are talking about TWO DIFFERENT THINGS in this incident... PERCEPTION and THE REALITY. She already told us that the REALITY is that the cop was not racist, but enforcing a law, that Mary was unaware of. She already stated that. But she also explained WHY she first was SUSPICIOUS of the cop's motives... She explained what her PERCECEPTION was at first, and WHY she would be inclined toward such a perception. And for myself, having had the ability pretty much all my life to step into another's shoes... I UNDERSTAND where she (and MANY OTHER black Americans) are coming from.

I'm sorry you misunderstand or don't accept the analogy I offered, but it is a useful illustration, of WHY people who have been victims of racially motivated abuse by police, would be naturally suspicious of the motives of other police, even when they meant no harm.

Try and understand, that the bulk of the discussion, is about WHY, black Americans, are suspicious of police, and are far less likely to believe they are acting FAIRLY, than white people would, who generally don't endure such discrimination, haven't had such experiences on a REGULAR basis, and therefore would be more TRUSTING of police in general.

#115225 by KLUGMO
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:58 am
The old end around.

#115226 by CraigMaxim
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:00 am
KLUGMO wrote:
What an insulting blanket statement to law enforcement.

My statement?

Racism is alive and well in the police force Klugmo... watch your evening news for the WORST examples, and then realize that for every major violation, there are THOUSANDS of smaller ones, that will not make the news, when no one died or was beaten half to death, and had it caught on video.

I have had black friends ALL MY LIFE, and I KNOW (unlike you apparently) how common these violations are, EVEN NOW!

#115227 by KLUGMO
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:02 am
She never said if the cop was black or white.
YOU just assssumed.

facts man facts
Craig said

And for myself, having had the ability pretty much all my life to step into another's shoes... I UNDERSTAND where she (and MANY OTHER black Americans) are coming from.

This is the most rediculous statement I have ever read.