This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#114044 by gbheil
Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 pm
We're cool Jimmy. We just don't see things from the same perspective.

#114049 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm
Yeah, it's fine to be liberal with your ALMIGHTY DOLLAR,,, Just stop thinking of doing it with MINE.

#114065 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 pm
jimmydanger wrote:No prob George, but I don't think you understand the definition of liberal. It means generous (one definition). ...

Generous in a self-giving way, or generous by coersion? If a man holds a gun to your head and tells you to give money to someone else's cause, are you really being generous - to be applauded for your generosity? Or were you just stolen from?

If it's not given of your own free will, it's not generous.

All Liberal causes are funded by coersion. If all Liberalism did was print flyers asking people to give to this cause or that cause, I would be on board. But that's not Liberalism works. It uses policy to force individuals to pay into systems that not everyone, in good conscience, can support. It forces others to be "generous" with their money for someone else's gain.

I'm sure if we were to tax atheism for the purpose of building Christian schools, you wouldn't have the same view of Liberalism as you define it.

#114066 by gtZip
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm
:-p

Main Entry: 1lib·er·al
Pronunciation: \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
Date: 14th century
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a> c : ample, full
3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious
4 : not literal or strict : loose <a>
5 : broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
— lib·er·al·ly \-b(ə-)rə-lē\ adverb
— lib·er·al·ness noun
synonyms liberal, generous, bountiful, munificent mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. liberal suggests openhandedness in the giver 

© 2010 Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

#114067 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 pm
gtZip wrote::-p

*snip*

synonyms liberal, generous, bountiful, munificent mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. liberal suggests openhandedness in the giver 

© 2010 Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

haha - forced openhandedness. and who's the giver? The liberal or his victim?

#114068 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 pm
Thank you Zip. You just blew the "LIBERAL" party out of the water and exposed the "progressives" for what they are. 6,B. Ideals of especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives.

Well said SJLOT.

#114073 by jimmydanger
Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:45 am
Well those were some of the most pointless posts I've seen in my three years here. What in Darwin's name does "tax atheism" even mean? Are you posting while high lol?

#114075 by gtZip
Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:09 am
Dammit jd, you've hurt my feelings.
:-(

#114094 by Black57
Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 am
fisherman bob wrote:Sometimes we read deep meaning into things that aren't there. Rush and Elton have higher expenses than the average Joe. I read somewhere MANY YEARS AGO that Elton John has monthly expenses of $50,000. A million dollar gig helps pay the bills. Oh by the way, Elton CHARGES for his services. I'm not saying I'm any where as good a musician as Elton John, but if Elton can charge for his services I can charge for my services. If somebody offered me a nice paycheck I wouldn't give a crap who that person was, I'd take the gig....

I know this is late but that is exactly what I am talking about.

#114111 by gbheil
Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 am
Accuracy cant be late.
And Bob made a valid common sense point as usual.
Bottom line is the decision is between Rush and Elton.
We could spend all day pointing out the character flaws of men.
Seriously, I'd rather play guitar.

#114195 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 pm
TAX ATHEISM. Taken out of context is a general defensive position taken by people when they don't know what the flock they are talking about.
Lets try to put that back in context and stop the BS.

People that don't believe in God should be forced to pay taxes and support people that do.

people that don't believe in abortions , should be forced to pay taxes and support people that do.

people that are in shape , should be forced to pay taxes and support people that are not.

Do you want me to go on . How about people that don't like Chinese food.

NJ has plans to lay off 900 cops statewide. Pension plans for many states own BP stock. There are a lot of pension funds run by states, in deep trouble. Washington wants to crush and blame BP [instead of solving the problem] This includes teachers unions and civil service unions that have been run by GREEDY union leaders that GIVE little back , And produce nothing in the way of real goods and services. I don't want hear about how they protect the workers, just ask those 900 cops.

I'm not going to go on here, Obama has DONE more good for our country than he realizes , people are going back to the laws that secured our great nation. Anyone that thinks they have many backing them up,,,better stop drinking to the point were they see triple in the mirror :evil:

#114212 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 pm
I love politicos when they get called out.

#114221 by Slacker G
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 am
"Oh and the only bigoted thing that I know he said was that he didn't like Fender players."

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: That bastard. :) He over uses compression on his music too!! AND he brags about it on his show. :x

#114224 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 am
TAKE BACK AMERICA. :evil: :evil: :evil:

#114226 by jimmydanger
Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:17 am
GLENJ wrote:TAX ATHEISM. Taken out of context is a general defensive position taken by people when they don't know what the flock they are talking about.
Lets try to put that back in context and stop the BS.

People that don't believe in God should be forced to pay taxes and support people that do.

people that don't believe in abortions , should be forced to pay taxes and support people that do.

people that are in shape , should be forced to pay taxes and support people that are not.

Do you want me to go on . How about people that don't like Chinese food.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or just crazy talk.

Knowing you I'm guessing the latter.