This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#106035 by Colby1000
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:35 am
Jacquescoley new single, "Can This Black Man Sing The Blues" was selected among 500 songs to be considered. Please vote for Jacquescoley. http://www.thealternateroot.com/music-f ... ee-sampler.
The Music For Social Change FREE Sampler
www.thealternateroot.com
There's something about music that makes you take stock in the world around you. Folks there is some staggeringly good music here for the Music for Social Change Free Sampler.

Thanks,

J

#106039 by philbymon
Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:04 am
I might if I had gotten the chance to know you before you asked, but that's just me I guess.

Welcome to the forum.

#106042 by fisherman bob
Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:28 am
Funny I've been in blues bands for alost thirty years and I've heard for years that a white man can't sing the blues. Now there's a song title "Can This Black Man Sing the Blues." Maybe we need to get past a racial question and write a song titled "Can This Man Sing The Blues."
#110802 by Colby1000
Thu May 06, 2010 11:57 pm
Hello Musician Forum,

Thanks for taking time to post your commentary. Like other folk/rock musicians, I found it necessary to communicate about the failure of Katrina...which ultimately led to the title of this song. I would love to get past racisim in this country. Unfortunately, I'm a pragmitist.

Once again, thanks.

J