This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#355 by axon
Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 am
Christian Musicians and singers...I've been working on a project that I believe will create a new genre of music called 'Smooth-Gospel'...it's kind of a mixture of Smooth Jazz, Neo-Soul and Contemporary- rolled into one sound. The Worship sound is awesome.

I believe it's appealing to the ear yet convincing enough to draw Souls into the Kingdom!

I think there's a place for it and it's needed - Everybody wasn't saved off Amazing Grace (although I love that)...

What do you think! :!:

#720 by Guest
Wed May 03, 2006 4:33 pm
I think you're not alone. I've been biblical christian for 21 years but before that I've been in Soul R&B Pop groups. When I gave my life to Jesus I knew He had a plan for the talent He gave me. So I've been working on building my Christian Comtemporary style with the infusion of Jazz, Funk, Blues.

I too understand the misperceptions people may have toward christian music. There are many preachers out there with different styles to spreading the Word. I believe the same goes for music. The only thing they both must absolutely have in common is being genuinely led by the Holy Spirit, or its just you and profits noone.

God bless your endeavour
#1638 by lovegood77
Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:26 pm
axon wrote:Christian Musicians and singers...I've been working on a project that I believe will create a new genre of music called 'Smooth-Gospel'...it's kind of a mixture of Smooth Jazz, Neo-Soul and Contemporary- rolled into one sound. The Worship sound is awesome.

I believe it's appealing to the ear yet convincing enough to draw Souls into the Kingdom!

I think there's a place for it and it's needed - Everybody wasn't saved off Amazing Grace (although I love that)...

What do you think! :!:
Two words my" brother from another mother"...........CUTTING EDGE..................kewl beans dude.....Mike

#1966 by Odd Fact
Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:22 pm
I Like this idea. When I was first in badns there was a stigma to playing christian music. With the current group of performers out right now this is a good time to dvelop a crossover style not to convert but to inspire.

#2049 by dcmdrums
Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:00 am
Sounds cool!

Let me know if you need a drummer for your project!

D :D