This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#95107 by neanderpaul
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:42 pm
CraigMaxim wrote:
neanderpaul wrote:
sanshouheil wrote:LOL

These people are just stupid.
God hates the act, not the actor.


Bingo



See bro?


You say that. And yet, it is the ACTOR and not the ACTS that God allegedly burns (without burning up) for eternity.

Why would that be Paul?

When he "loves" us?

.


Because he is just, fair, and cannot lie.
#95115 by Starfish Scott
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:11 pm
Wow, I wonder if god has a ROAD SHOW.

I wanna play on that for a little bit..

A few comedians, a rapper maybe, some American Idol peeps and then near 11pm + I wanna see Stone Phillips and Kathy Griffin do something right before we close it out.

I'll plan to fall off the stage right at midnight..instead of 11:01.

#95118 by CraigMaxim
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 pm
neanderpaul wrote:
Because he is just, fair, and cannot lie.



JUST:

How does that bring about justice? Justice for whom?


FAIR:

How is it fair that someone in the jungle, who never had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, and was born (without choice) into a "sin-nature" and was therefore condemned at birth, without any opportunity to prove himself, and is then condemned to burn (without burning up) in Hell for eternity, because air-conditioning Christians decided to put new carpet in the Sanctuary rather than spend it on missionary trips?

How is that fair?

Why does God, who claims to be our Father, want to keep these poor souls ALIVE, his CHILDREN... merely so they can feel pain? Kept alive only to be tortured.

How is that fair?


LIES:

What lies? What lies would God be guilty of?


BONUS QUESTION:

Why was Jesus not following God's salvation program or His torture program?

Cause when He was on the cross, being murdered by Roman soldiers, He asked God the Father, to "Forgive them, for they know not what they do.."

There are several problems with that request, if God is as inflexible as you believe Him to be.

1) God cannot fulfill that request of Jesus' can He? He would be a liar, as you say, if He did. So why does Jesus waste his breath asking for something that is not possible?

2) And why is Jesus working against the "justice" you believe Hell is for? Why does He ask God the Father to "Forgive them" when He should have been accusing those guards and letting them know that they will burn in Hell for what they are doing?

3) And if they "Know not what they do" then how is an eternity in hell a fitting punishment? They don't know what the hell they are doing. Maybe if they did, they would stop. Why is Jesus asking the Father to forgive them? Shouldn't He instead be WARNING the guards, so they will know what they are doing? And therefore help them avoid Hell, instead of being a poser, who PUBLICLY asks God the Father, for something that is not possible?

Of course, they were just fulfilling God's will anyway weren't they? Somebody had to kill Jesus, right? Is that why Jesus conned them, and pretended to be asking for forgiveness that is not possible, so they would kill Him, thereby fulfilling God's will?

Sorry bastards.

God NEEDED them to kill Jesus, and yet they will be condmned to hell for their sins anyway, even though they furthered God's providence! Well, according to bad interpretation of scripture.


.
Last edited by CraigMaxim on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#95119 by sanshouheil
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:49 pm
Good lines on the cat Cap'n.
She's got some serious attitude.


For any father whom understands punishing his children when the do wrong it's a no brainer man.

Just like my own children know that I love them. But when I tell them to turn from evil deeds and they don't. Then then face the wrath of their father.
God, my father is even more forgiving. He told me to turn from evil and I did not. Instead of wrath, he sent his son to die for me.
Jesus paid for my sins in full, as a free gift.
Even as I struggle with my old Adam, and continue to violate HIS law.
I have faith in Jesus's gift for me, and am therefore saved by his grace alone.
All man, through weakness, like myself, continue to violate the law, may have forgiveness through faith.

Simple.

#95126 by CraigMaxim
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 pm
sanshouheil wrote:
Just like my own children know that I love them. But when I tell them to turn from evil deeds and they don't. Then then face the wrath of their father.



Let's talk about that.

What wrath do they face from you? Let's say that in their entire lives, they committed one single sin. They lied about taking out the trash one day. Would you condemn them to be burned so they could feel pain, for eternity, as a punishment for that one sin?

Just tell me whether YOU would do that or not.

We already know you believe God does this.

sanshouheil wrote:God, my father is even more forgiving.



Obviously not.

It kills me that you could even say that.

You are FAR MORE FORGIVING than the God most pastors are feeding you disinformation about. There's no way you could possibly argue that successfully.

You are FAR MORE forgiving than God is apparently.

I think anyone in the world in their right mind, would choose you over God any day! Who wants to take their chances with that other one? He will make you burn in hell (without burning up) for eternity, just for one single lie.


sanshouheil wrote:He told me to turn from evil and I did not. Instead of wrath, he sent his son to die for me.
Jesus paid for my sins in full, as a free gift.



So, without Jesus dying on the cross, you couldn't have been saved?

sanshouheil wrote:Even as I struggle with my old Adam, and continue to violate HIS law.
I have faith in Jesus's gift for me, and am therefore saved by his grace alone.


What if I have faith in Jesus Himself, rather than faith in His "gift for me"? Would that still count?

sanshouheil wrote:All man, through weakness, like myself, continue to violate the law, may have forgiveness through faith.


Why is that?

Doesn't it seem a little strange to you, that you get a "get out of jail free" card, merely because you professed faith in Jesus, yet you can continue sinning and still avoid hell, unlike primitive peoples, who never even learned about this "get out of jail free" card, and also had no idea that they were doomed to an eternity, of burning torment, merely for being born?


sanshouheil wrote:
Simple.




Receiving God's love and forgiveness? Yes. Simple.

Traditional Christian interpretation of these scriptures?

Convoluted and illogical.

Not simple at all.

.

#95132 by sanshouheil
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:41 pm
Most merciful God, I confess that I am by nature sinful and unclean.
I have sinned against you in thought word and deed, by what I have done and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart.
I have not loved my neighbor as myself. I justly deserve your present and eternal punishment. For the sake of your son Jesus Christ you have had mercy on me. You have forgiven me, you have renewed my spirit.
You have lead me to the path of righteousness. So that I may delight in your will and walk in your ways to the glory of your holy name.

Amen!

I know my God.

I wonder which demon has led you away from his face and pray your return.

#95174 by neanderpaul
Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:22 am
neanderpaul wrote:
Because he is just, fair, and cannot lie.


CraigMaxim wrote:JUST:

How does that bring about justice? Justice for whom?


FAIR:

How is it fair that someone in the jungle, who never had the opportunity to hear the Gospel, and was born (without choice) into a "sin-nature" and was therefore condemned at birth, without any opportunity to prove himself, and is then condemned to burn (without burning up) in Hell for eternity, because air-conditioning Christians decided to put new carpet in the Sanctuary rather than spend it on missionary trips?

How is that fair?

Why does God, who claims to be our Father, want to keep these poor souls ALIVE, his CHILDREN... merely so they can feel pain? Kept alive only to be tortured.

How is that fair?


LIES:

What lies? What lies would God be guilty of?


BONUS QUESTION:

Why was Jesus not following God's salvation program or His torture program?

Cause when He was on the cross, being murdered by Roman soldiers, He asked God the Father, to "Forgive them, for they know not what they do.."

There are several problems with that request, if God is as inflexible as you believe Him to be.

1) God cannot fulfill that request of Jesus' can He? He would be a liar, as you say, if He did. So why does Jesus waste his breath asking for something that is not possible?

2) And why is Jesus working against the "justice" you believe Hell is for? Why does He ask God the Father to "Forgive them" when He should have been accusing those guards and letting them know that they will burn in Hell for what they are doing?

3) And if they "Know not what they do" then how is an eternity in hell a fitting punishment? They don't know what the hell they are doing. Maybe if they did, they would stop. Why is Jesus asking the Father to forgive them? Shouldn't He instead be WARNING the guards, so they will know what they are doing? And therefore help them avoid Hell, instead of being a poser, who PUBLICLY asks God the Father, for something that is not possible?

Of course, they were just fulfilling God's will anyway weren't they? Somebody had to kill Jesus, right? Is that why Jesus conned them, and pretended to be asking for forgiveness that is not possible, so they would kill Him, thereby fulfilling God's will?

Sorry bastards.

God NEEDED them to kill Jesus, and yet they will be condmned to hell for their sins anyway, even though they furthered God's providence! Well, according to bad interpretation of scripture.


.


It is just and fair because he set it up in front of us. Plain guidelines to follow. If we follow them he is just in forgiving us and giving us a home in heaven with him.

It is likewise just and fair that if we do not follow his guidelines we will suffer now and later when we are told depart from me I never knew you.

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So if God let sin into heaven he would be a liar. He is not a liar.

#95183 by CraigMaxim
Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 am
sanshouheil wrote:
I know my God.



I've never doubted that you do.

I am quite convinced that you have a home with the Father forever.

But you didn't answer any of my questions.

;-)

It's ok. You don't have to if you don't want to.

sanshouheil wrote:I wonder which demon has led you away from his face and pray your return.


Thank you for your concern, but, what makes you think I have been led away from God?

Do you think I may be going to hell?

And if so why?

:shock: Ooops... I know, I know... More questions, right?

;-)

.

#95187 by sanshouheil
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 am
Just seems to me you question too much our fathers wisdom and intent Craig.
I do not. I have. But no longer feel any need
It is enough for me to know that he is God and HIS will, will be done.
Sure I still have my ??? when it comes to doctrines and "organized religion"
But the peace the Spirit has given to me makes it all quite irrelevant.
Far too many of us (including me) concern ourselves with gain in the worldly realm more than gain for the eternity.
(Another reason I needed Jesus to intercede for me)
I seek in my own ways to help fulfill the Great Commission:

I have concern, though I wont be your Judge, my sinful nature would led me to try.

God bless
Happy New Year my friend

#95188 by CraigMaxim
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 am
neanderpaul wrote:
It is just and fair because he set it up in front of us. Plain guidelines to follow.



Oh... Because He set it up.

Couldn't He have set something else up? Something reasonable? Why do you think He would set up such consequences? He could have decided NOT to design us in such a way that a "sin-nature" gets passed down to all generations permanently, couldn't He?

Why then in the Old Testament does the law state that children WILL NOT be held responsible for the sins of the father?

I thought God doesn't change?

Why would God give us a law like that, and yet He Himself commits this very act? Punishing the children (All generations since Adam) for the sins of the Father? (Adam, father of all living)

It seems like God wants sin to be assessed on WHO commits the sins:

Dt 24:16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.


neanderpaul wrote:
If we follow them he is just in forgiving us and giving us a home in heaven with him.


Oh... "IF" we follow the rules, "THEN" He will forgive us?

So George is going to Hell? Cause he openly shared with us, that he falls short and still sins, though he has received Christ as Savior.

Please answer this one at least, cause George's eternal life may depend on the answer. He thinks that he has a secure home with God (IN SPITE) of his continued sinning.

So do I.

Can you clear this up?

Also...

Which rules are we supposed to follow to be saved? Cause the thief on Jesus right, couldn't very well "DO" any "WORKS" for God, seeing as how he was nailed to a cross.

I'm very surprised to hear that your "faith" in God, is actually faith in yourself, since you are SAVING YOURSELF by your own works. No wonder you are such a stickler for proper protocol and are so proud of it.

Or did I read you wrong, or maybe you mispoke?

If you are saving yourself, through your own works, then you certainly don't need a "Savior" do you? You're saving yourself.

The really itchy thing though, about a works-based salvation policy, is that you could technically, live a near perfect life, and if you commit that one sin... even in your heart... say lusting after a woman, and that lust enters your heart even for a split scond, and you DIE right then....

Game over. Huh?

neanderpaul wrote:So if God let sin into heaven he would be a liar. He is not a liar.



But you have a sin nature.

You inherited it, right?

Have you gotten rid of it?

Have you stopped sinning?

And if not, why not?

Also... When do you think you will have beaten it, and stopped sinning altogether? 50 years old? 60? 75 years old? I hope your family has good genes... it may take a while to get to a place where you "never sin again".

Or is it all just a crap shoot?

I died on a really good day, and made it in! WooHoo!

Or...

I messed up that one day, and... BUMMER.... My Father, whose favored torture method is fire apparently... burns me on a daily basis, 24/7 FOREVER, cause that's the luck of the draw... I died in the wrong frame of mind.

One more scenario...

Clearly you believe that you can have a whole laundry list of sins BEHIND you, right? As long as when you hear the truth, and stop sinning, and follow the commandments, etc... Clearly you believe that our PAST is not held accountable to us, once we find God and get on the right plan.

But...


How sucky would it be, if for example, YOU had been good all your life, after getting on God's program and becoming a child of God of course, but on the day you died... you were lying there in the hospital bed, and some doctor at the hospital groped your wife in front of you, and said "You know baby... when this guy dies, which is soon, trust me... here's my numer... give me a call!"

And let's say that in your weakened state, about to die and all, you mess up, and that guy's statement really gets to you, and you and you want to kill him. You don't actually kill him... you just fantasize that for a moment... one single moment. That's the sin of murder (spiritual murder) and would keep you from God, FOREVER and turn you into one of his roasted marshmallow treats!

And yet...


There' this other guy. A really old man now. And he has indulged in just, every kind of conceivable sin there is. He's ripped off his business partners, had more affairs than Tiger Woods, decided he was bisexual and started sleeping with men too, and even... watched animal porn on the internet! But some doctor or nurse, witnesses to him, on his very death bed, and he repents of all his sins, determines to turn over a new leaf, starts writing out the 10 commandments so he can remember them and follow them every day, and as he is writing out those 10 commandments, with thoughts of NOTHING BUT GOD and LOVE and GOODNESS and HOLINESS in his mind and heart.... BOOM!!!!

Dead.

Died in the best possible frame of mind.


You had lived almost perfectly. But the wrong sin at the wrong time, and that's it for you bro!

But this former reprobate, sinner all his life, gets saved only minutes before death, and he was in a judgeless state, as high spiritually as one can get, because of his new lease on his spiritual life, and he is ushered into Paradise!

You had lived so good all this time. So many decades, but that one mistake. And it was all wiped away, as if you had never done a good thing in your life.

A fair God designed that?

Umm... Okay.

Anyone else think that seems fair?

.

#95192 by CraigMaxim
Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:04 am
sanshouheil wrote:Just seems to me you question too much our fathers wisdom and intent Craig.



It's not God I question George. Nor His motives, because I know His heart very well. I know His motives for me, as His child, and that's why there's no one BUT GOD, that I fully trust 100%.

It is the INTERPRETATIONS of key doctrines, passed down from CHURCH FATHERS, not necessarily our Father God in Heaven, that I question and have problems with. This does not mean the church fathers got EVERYTHING wrong, quite the contrary. There are some beautiful and wonderful profound commentaries on scripture that we can thank many early church fathers for, but they have made some serious errors as well, for various reasons. They did the best they could. But those errors should be corrected now, or the church will... it already is... losing ground in the battle over the souls of mankind.

sanshouheil wrote:Sure I still have my ??? when it comes to doctrines and "organized religion"
But the peace the Spirit has given to me makes it all quite irrelevant.


That peace is a good sign of your salvation, and relationship to God.

But the truth is always relevant. I understand what you are saying, that it is not relevant to you personally, because you have that peace in your heart. You know where your home is. You know that NOTHING can separate you from that home, and from the love of God. You are keeping it simple. I get that.

And I don't worry for you either.

But what about the others?

Bad theology can misdirect people FAR AWAY from the truth, or be a stumbling block to them finding it in the first place.

Look at all the denominations of Christianity that exist. Jesus hope was that his folowers would be ONE... UNITED... LOVING ONE ANOTHER... WORKING TOGETHER.

1000 denominations of Christianity does not show unity.

As I have sought answers to these huge questions that scripture often presents, God has given me, over a period of decades, MANY MANY very deep answers, as if He was painting a picture for me, over time, and the more time and the more seeking, the more answers come, so that it begins to form a cohesive whole.

I know it is God who answered my prayers and showed me these things, and these answers He gave me solve many mysteries of the Bible, as well as solve key problems the Bible presents, that theologians have struggled and pondered over for centuries!


sanshouheil wrote:God bless
Happy New Year my friend



Same to you brother

:-)

.
Last edited by CraigMaxim on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#95202 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 am
2010 deepness already?

wtf!

#95239 by neanderpaul
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:41 pm
CraigMaxim wrote:Couldn't He have set something else up? Something reasonable? Why do you think He would set up such consequences?


God is all wise. He is perfect. Every good and perfect gift comes from God. As a Christian I am VERY happy with his system. He simply gave us free will, told us what we need to protect ourselves, and gave us an effective support system if we will but take him up on it.

CraigMaxim wrote:He could have decided NOT to design us in such a way that a "sin-nature" gets passed down to all generations permanently, couldn't He?


He could have made us robots but I'm glad he didn't. He could have just skipped earth and mortal life. I am glad he didn't.

CraigMaxim wrote:Why then in the Old Testament does the law state that children WILL NOT be held responsible for the sins of the father?

I thought God doesn't change?


He didn't. We are never responsible for the sin of others. Neither can we ride the coat tails of others to heaven.


CraigMaxim wrote:Why would God give us a law like that, and yet He Himself commits this very act? Punishing the children (All generations since Adam) for the sins of the Father? (Adam, father of all living)


He doesn't. Humans are sinful by nature. The spirit wars against the flesh. But God gave us the tools to defeat sin

CraigMaxim wrote: It seems like God wants sin to be assessed on WHO commits the sins:

Dt 24:16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.


That's old testament. But it still applies. Aren't you glad you can't be held accountable for anybody else's sin? I am.

neanderpaul wrote:
If we follow them he is just in forgiving us and giving us a home in heaven with him.


CraigMaxim wrote: Oh... "IF" we follow the rules, "THEN" He will forgive us?


Yes and part of the rules is praying without ceasing, and asking for forgiveness of the sins we all commit.

I John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

CraigMaxim wrote: So George is going to Hell? Cause he openly shared with us, that he falls short and still sins, though he has received Christ as Savior.


I don't know why you would ask that. Maybe that's your attempt at a loaded question. I don't know George's heart. I feel like I do. I know George is grateful for Christ's sacrifice and wants to please God. But only God of course knows George. And only God will judge George in the end.

CraigMaxim wrote:Please answer this one at least, cause George's eternal life may depend on the answer. He thinks that he has a secure home with God (IN SPITE) of his continued sinning.

So do I.

Can you clear this up?


Nobody's salvation depends on my answers. The answers are in the bible however.

It depends on if it is willful. We all will sin. There is of course a huge difference in sinning and living in sin.

Smoking is in my opinion living in sin. (body is a temple etc) Slipping up and cursing when you hit your thumb with a hammer is a sin but cursing all the time is habitual. (Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth.)

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Big difference in sinning and living in sin.

CraigMaxim wrote: Also...

Which rules are we supposed to follow to be saved? Cause the thief on Jesus right, couldn't very well "DO" any "WORKS" for God, seeing as how he was nailed to a cross.


The ones in the new testament that apply to all since Christ died. Thief on the cross was a special case. As were others saved directly. We now are all under the new covenant.

1.) Hear the “good news” (i.e. the gospel) of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:14)

2.) Believe (Hebrews 11:6; Acts 8:37; Mark 16:16; John 8:24)

3.) Repent of our sins (Luke 13:3,5; Acts 2:38; Acts 17:30; Mark 10:15)

4.) Confess faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 8:36-37; Romans 10:9)

5.) Be baptized (in water) for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:37-41; 1Peter 3:21; John 3:3-5; Acts 22:16; Romans 6:3-8; Colossians 2:12; Galatians 3:26-27; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 8:34-39; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 4:5)

6.) Remain faithful for the rest of our lives and carry our cross daily (Revelation 2:10; Matthew 24:13; Luke 9:23)

CraigMaxim wrote: I'm very surprised to hear that your "faith" in God, is actually faith in yourself, since you are SAVING YOURSELF by your own works. No wonder you are such a stickler for proper protocol and are so proud of it.

Or did I read you wrong, or maybe you mispoke?


You must have read me wrong because redemption is a free gift. We could never earn it. We must however follow a guide to receive it. Just because we have faith or confess or are baptized doesn't mean it's not free. If I gave you a guitar, for free, and you had to pick it up it was still free.

CraigMaxim wrote: If you are saving yourself, through your own works, then you certainly don't need a "Savior" do you? You're saving yourself.


Yeah, not possible.

eph2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

CraigMaxim wrote: The really itchy thing though, about a works-based salvation policy, is that you could technically, live a near perfect life, and if you commit that one sin... even in your heart... say lusting after a woman, and that lust enters your heart even for a split scond, and you DIE right then....

Game over. Huh?


I don't know anything about a works based salvation policy. I do know faith without works is dead.

Jams 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

neanderpaul wrote:So if God let sin into heaven he would be a liar. He is not a liar.



CraigMaxim wrote: But you have a sin nature.


I'm not familiar with the term. But by definition yes. All people sin.

CraigMaxim wrote:You inherited it, right?


Not from my parents. I am born sinless. Then I/we commit our first sins due to our human nature.

CraigMaxim wrote: Have you gotten rid of it?


I am forgiven of my past sins through the blood of Christ.

CraigMaxim wrote: Have you stopped sinning?


No, no one stops entirely. I no longer have any habitual sins. But I surely sin.

I Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

CraigMaxim wrote:And if not, why not?


It's impossible.

CraigMaxim wrote: Also... When do you think you will have beaten it, and stopped sinning altogether? 50 years old? 60? 75 years old? I hope your family has good genes... it may take a while to get to a place where you "never sin again".


It's impossible.

CraigMaxim wrote: Or is it all just a crap shoot?


Not a crap shoot. It's a perfect design by the only impartial judge.

CraigMaxim wrote: I died on a really good day, and made it in! WooHoo!

Or...

I messed up that one day, and... BUMMER.... My Father, whose favored torture method is fire apparently... burns me on a daily basis, 24/7 FOREVER, cause that's the luck of the draw... I died in the wrong frame of mind.

One more scenario...

Clearly you believe that you can have a whole laundry list of sins BEHIND you, right? As long as when you hear the truth, and stop sinning, and follow the commandments, etc... Clearly you believe that our PAST is not held accountable to us, once we find God and get on the right plan.

But...


How sucky would it be, if for example, YOU had been good all your life, after getting on God's program and becoming a child of God of course, but on the day you died... you were lying there in the hospital bed, and some doctor at the hospital groped your wife in front of you, and said "You know baby... when this guy dies, which is soon, trust me... here's my numer... give me a call!"

And let's say that in your weakened state, about to die and all, you mess up, and that guy's statement really gets to you, and you and you want to kill him. You don't actually kill him... you just fantasize that for a moment... one single moment. That's the sin of murder (spiritual murder) and would keep you from God, FOREVER and turn you into one of his roasted marshmallow treats!

And yet...


There' this other guy. A really old man now. And he has indulged in just, every kind of conceivable sin there is. He's ripped off his business partners, had more affairs than Tiger Woods, decided he was bisexual and started sleeping with men too, and even... watched animal porn on the internet! But some doctor or nurse, witnesses to him, on his very death bed, and he repents of all his sins, determines to turn over a new leaf, starts writing out the 10 commandments so he can remember them and follow them every day, and as he is writing out those 10 commandments, with thoughts of NOTHING BUT GOD and LOVE and GOODNESS and HOLINESS in his mind and heart.... BOOM!!!!

Dead.

Died in the best possible frame of mind.


You had lived almost perfectly. But the wrong sin at the wrong time, and that's it for you bro!

But this former reprobate, sinner all his life, gets saved only minutes before death, and he was in a judgeless state, as high spiritually as one can get, because of his new lease on his spiritual life, and he is ushered into Paradise!

You had lived so good all this time. So many decades, but that one mistake. And it was all wiped away, as if you had never done a good thing in your life.

A fair God designed that?

Umm... Okay.

Anyone else think that seems fair?

.


It is fair. God designed it. I'm just glad I don't have to make those judgments. So instead of questioning God, questioning his plan, questioning his word, maybe you should concentrate your efforts towards spreading the "good news". You say you're a Christian but you constantly question his beautiful plan. You won't sway my faith. But for the rest of our friends here who may be considering that the bible may have the truth. That Christ may be THE only way. You might be making them blow it off. It is a Christians duty to spread the good news.

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

#95244 by philbymon
Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:29 pm
Oh good grief!

I was so looking forward to this year, too!

:wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest