This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#93797 by gbheil
Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:54 am
I rather enjoy wanking :lol:
#94302 by IzzyFunderburke
Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:10 pm
:o me donts thinks it matters. Its never really made a difference for me. I prefer Dean anyways

#94355 by gbheil
Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:03 pm
:shock: :lol:

#94376 by philbymon
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:45 am
Andrewawsome wrote::o me donts thinks it matters. Its never really made a difference for me. I prefer Dean anyways

What generation of Dean? They've changed hands (& quality) about a dozen times, haven't they?

I have a recent Dean acoustic, of which I'm very fond. I've played some great Dean basses & electrics, but I've played some crap by them, too.

#94411 by gbheil
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm
Ray has a Dean that he has stopped using because it eats strings like a T-Rex. Nice looking. Don't sound at all bad either. But who can afford a new set of strings every third song. :lol:
Got one of those locking thingys too. I can change all six of mine in the time it would take him to change one.

#94417 by philbymon
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm
Do they break at the saddle (bridge)? That can be a relatively easy fix. Same if it's at the nut. Take it to your friendly neighborhood luthier if you can't fix it yourself. It prolly won't be that expensive.
#94419 by carmel
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Dajax wrote:...play an electric Gibson occasionally? I watched something called John Mayall's 70th birthday concert on TV last night. When I tuned in Mick Taylor was doing a couple of tunes, playing a sunburst Les Paul thru a Blackface Fender, and getting an amazingly thick sound. Then of course, Eric takes the stage with a Strat going into some clone of a tweed Fender, and instead of the classic raunch he had on the Bluesbreaker album, as soon as he starts playing...PLINK, TWANG, PLINK. Now I've got nothing against the sound of a clean Strat, but even a good tone can be the wrong tone. This is the same problem I had with the Cream reunion DVD.
I agree I thought he should have used a fatter sound in the reunion a three peice can use all the help it can get after i got over the sound and started to listen to them play and thought it was great ! he can play anything he wants to on anything he wants to ,the strat and sound is his trademark have to respect that, one of the greats :)

#94425 by gbheil
Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 pm
Phil
The darn thing just eats strings. No rhyme or reason notable.
Floyd thinks it may be a neck alignment problem. I don't know.
I'm sure eventually Ray will take it to the doctor for a check up.
For now he's playing his Ibanez.
So far nothing I've played through my Shredd6 tweaked Nomad growls like my Les Paul. The Crybaby adds that high end scream I've been looking for too.
I love it.

#94467 by gtZip
Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:50 am
It matters.
Strat and Gibson (Pauls) necks are a different scale, and the back of the necks are of a different curvature.

If necks didnt matter, sans wouldnt be so enamored with his godess. (smaller hands, if I remember correctly)

Dean sucks unless its their flagship line.
Their top of the line stuff is wayyy overpriced.

My main guitar is a Peavey strat clone with duncan rails for pickups.
No twangy thin sound for me.
It sounds like gods vengence coming down on your head.
Or I can switch channels or roll the volume back and its nice and creamy and bluesy.