This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6037 by SDavis22
Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:53 am
Irminsul,
If I had the ability to post audio files I most certainly would have by now. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to do so... So far, all I have for the virtual world are words, opinions, and theories...
My opinions, however, are not without base... It would be foolish of me to hold such opinions if I weren't even somewhat educated. The genealogy of modern artists' sound is always (painfully) obvious to me. I would like to see informed rock/pop musicians try something new instead of further thinning the music out. Certainly, at your age, you don't need someone twice as young as you to fill you in on what rock and roll isn't 'diluted pop.' I usually depend on you middle-agers to talk rock and roll with!

#6053 by luckynuggets
Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:17 pm
yo diggity cat's and kittens seems like every place is the worst for finding musicians. Remember musicians are unreliable party animals that is their greatest strength and weekness. Check out my profile tell me what ya think, laid. 8)

#6062 by Pawpa-Dawg
Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 pm
hey bluesman ........... I checked Your profile and it is kind of hard to e-mail as addy is not complete .( dang Bandmix uppermanagment ...LMAO)
well I am a drummer into blues ......... chicago/texas/delta/...was wodering if perhaps we could network ....check out My profile (you can reach me there if You can read-between-the-lines), even though I am in texas may perhaps be able to help, as like You I am in process of completeing homestudio ..... my new drums will be here hopefully before years end ..... custom kit ...... shoot Me an e-mail and can discuss further.... is all about the music ... distance should not matter ...
rock on !!!!!!!!

#6065 by Irminsul
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 am
SDavis22 wrote:Irminsul,
If I had the ability to post audio files I most certainly would have by now. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to do so... So far, all I have for the virtual world are words, opinions, and theories...
My opinions, however, are not without base... It would be foolish of me to hold such opinions if I weren't even somewhat educated. The genealogy of modern artists' sound is always (painfully) obvious to me. I would like to see informed rock/pop musicians try something new instead of further thinning the music out. Certainly, at your age, you don't need someone twice as young as you to fill you in on what rock and roll isn't 'diluted pop.' I usually depend on you middle-agers to talk rock and roll with!


But Seth, rock and roll isnt about talking and theories. Its about the music. I hope you can upload some of your music soon, see we can all bask in the enlightenment.

#6068 by SDavis22
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 am
I don't think any kind of 'light' is something you medieval-goths enjoy, am I wrong?
#6074 by deacotiks
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:27 am
I agree with what almost everyone is saying. I ran into that problem a couple of times with undedicated band members, who didn't do what they'd promised to do, didn't live up to their own expectations.

And what makes it even worse is that we have to replace them?! Very talented drummers, bassists, and lead guitarists are very hard to find, especially here in Philadelphia. *the remaining 2 members and I are moving to LA*. And the people we did interview *we normally ask what the potential band member expects from a band, experience, dedication,skill,etc.*, we're either not serious or didn't want to relocate and travel and tour.

I wish that we could find what we're looking for...if anyone is intrested, our email is on our page.

#6083 by luckynuggets
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:59 am
Yo shindei I like your tune, wish the lyrics were on it though. I really like the drumming, very cool good luck in La
#6084 by deacotiks
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:02 am
thanks, I will write the lyrics. Sometimes I'll write the music then the lyrics or vice versa...*in this case vice versa*

#6086 by luckynuggets
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:12 am
Yo dude I have a couple tunes on my profile. If you got time check em' out let me know what you think.

#6114 by Irminsul
Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:06 pm
SDavis22 wrote:I don't think any kind of 'light' is something you medieval-goths enjoy, am I wrong?


Not sure where you got the idea I am "Midieval-Goth" (you clearly don't understand the term but that's ok). I write a range of music from electronica to modern classical, and last time I checked those genres don't fit the Goth musical paradigm.

But hey, whenever you're ready to post your music - the solution to all that is ailing rock and roll, I will eagerly listen. Until then, well, you're just shooting blanks.

hey

#6125 by deacotiks
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:13 am
hey Lucky, the tunes are sweet. I'm going to put up more stuff soon...*an intro to song* It'll be up tonight actually.

#6132 by SDavis22
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:25 am
Irminsul wrote:Not sure where you got the idea I am "Midieval-Goth" (you clearly don't understand the term but that's ok). I write a range of music from electronica to modern classical, and last time I checked those genres don't fit the Goth musical paradigm.

But hey, whenever you're ready to post your music - the solution to all that is ailing rock and roll, I will eagerly listen. Until then, well, you're just shooting blanks.


Irminsul,

I got the idea to call you a medieval-goth from your picture (you clearly didn't get the joke). And rock and roll isn't about image, either (referring to your finely tuned look). Medieval/Gothic music is a period of classical music from the 9th to 14th Centuries. So I do believe that Modern Classical has its foot in Gothic music at least somewhere... Still shooting blanks?

#6155 by Irminsul
Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 pm
SDavis22 wrote:Irminsul,

I got the idea to call you a medieval-goth from your picture (you clearly didn't get the joke). And rock and roll isn't about image, either (referring to your finely tuned look). Medieval/Gothic music is a period of classical music from the 9th to 14th Centuries. So I do believe that Modern Classical has its foot in Gothic music at least somewhere... Still shooting blanks?


If you can find any of my music that even remotely resembles the music from 9th to 14th century Europe, then please let me know. In the meantime I suggest you stop obsessing over my picture and, you know, post your music.

Yes, you're still shooting blanks.

#6162 by SDavis22
Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 pm
Irminsul wrote:If you can find any of my music that even remotely resembles the music from 9th to 14th century Europe, then please let me know. In the meantime I suggest you stop obsessing over my picture and, you know, post your music.

Yes, you're still shooting blanks.


If you think I'm half as obsessed with your image as you clearly are then I think you are a bit delusional. Todays classical music has evolved from the past Centuries' innovations so I'd say their influence is inherent in whatever it is you call 'modern' (or else your own music wouldn't exist right now). I'll post music as soon as I'm able though I find it unnerving you think modern rock music is actually good. How does it feel to be out-talked by a 22 year old?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests