This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6192 by Irminsul
Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:04 am
SDavis22 wrote: I'll post music as soon as I'm able though I find it unnerving you think modern rock music is actually good. How does it feel to be out-talked by a 22 year old?

One, bubbulah, I never opined about modern rock music because its not my thing. Two, talk is cheap when it comes to producing music; so I feel pretty good being out-talked by 22 year old shooting blanks.

#6212 by SDavis22
Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:58 pm
Irminsul wrote:One, bubbulah, I never opined about modern rock music because its not my thing. Two, talk is cheap when it comes to producing music; so I feel pretty good being out-talked by 22 year old shooting blanks.

Yes, Marilyn, you did indirectly 'opine' about modern rock... you alluded to its state when you asked what was ailing it... If modern rock, or rock in general, isn't your thing then you don't really need the enlightenment. I'm happy your fine being out-talked... and we never eloped so you don't know about my sperm count!! Bubbulah may lose a girlfriend with that kind of information out there!

#6219 by Pawpa-Dawg
Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:16 am
DAMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the topic here was ....Why is it so hard to find some damned band members?.... instead it would seem as if ...SDavis22 is bitting off more that He can chew ,,, as from His LAST post .....

Yes, Marilyn, you did indirectly 'opine' about modern rock... you alluded to its state when you asked what was ailing it... If modern rock, or rock in general, isn't your thing then you don't really need the enlightenment. I'm happy your fine being out-talked... and we never eloped so you don't know about my sperm count!! Bubbulah may lose a girlfriend with that kind of information out there!

I'm happy your fine being out-talked... and we never eloped so you don't know about my sperm count!!

don't recal seeing where Irminsul said or even incenuated that remark.... but I say all He had/has to do is post a song.....ANY song ... and that would be the end....
I will have to agree with Irminsul on this .... seems from what I have read posted by the both of them that SDavis22 would be out classed in ALL catagories as Irminsul in His posts ( not just this string) is a very educated individual and KNOWS his SH*%. Guess He has a NEW student to "school....

can't wait for the next "episode" ............ROFLMMFAO !!!!!! :lol:

#6222 by Jacquee Rae
Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:08 am
Well just to add to this Spur... absolutely love your remake of Mustang Sally. It is such a great song and you(r) band really did it justice.

I think that this post has gotten a little out of hand, it has become more of a pissing match.

Remember everyone is entitled to their opinion, as you are to yours. This doesn't mean that everyone will have the same opinion.

Seth is it? .
I recently purchased the Lexicon Lambda at my local guitar store as the boys on here like to call it, for $150. It is made specifically to work with a PC. Since you already have a PC or you wouldn't be on here posting, check it out. The one I purchased comes with 2 mic inputs and 5 instrument connections, if I remember correctly. Also comes with Cubase LE software for mixing.

Now I feel like a freakin commercial.

All I wanted to say is we are all here to make, play, sing music, right? Why argue over it? We all love music of some sort, whether it be past or present. So let's put some more effort into creating music and less into arguing over intellect/age.

That's all I got to say about that...

Oh yeah and to the topic of finding band members, I have been on here for about a year now and while I have made some good friends and certainly have received sound advice from quite a few people, I still haven't found a country band in my area looking for me. Maybe that is my problem. haha.

I have; however, been exposed to some pretty awesome rock/alternative bands in the area, so all in all it has been a great asset to me.

Thanks everyone.

#6227 by SDavis22
Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:59 am
Sound Check wrote:DAMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the topic here was ....Why is it so hard to find some damned band members?.... instead it would seem as if ...SDavis22 is bitting off more that He can chew ,,, as from His LAST post .....

I'm happy your fine being out-talked... and we never eloped so you don't know about my sperm count!!

don't recal seeing where Irminsul said or even incenuated that remark.... but I say all He had/has to do is post a song.....ANY song ... and that would be the end....
I will have to agree with Irminsul on this .... seems from what I have read posted by the both of them that SDavis22 would be out classed in ALL catagories as Irminsul in His posts ( not just this string) is a very educated individual and KNOWS his SH*%. Guess He has a NEW student to "school....

can't wait for the next "episode" ............ROFLMMFAO !!!!!! :lol:

Sound Check,

Where does it seem like I 'bit off more than I can chew?' You shouldn't talk - especially since you apparently have no reply to one of my responses to you in another string. If you can't wait for the next episode then add something that applies to me (if you can't then I'll take that as a bowing out). It's not particularly relevant to me whether you believe I would be 'outclassed'... whatever that means. You've just picked sides because you 'bit off more than you could chew' in another string (haven't you anything to say?) and enjoy the taste of Irminsul's genitals. Trust me - I'm not being schooled by anyone.

Oh yeah, the sperm comment... you didn't get that? Shooting blanks? It was a joke... and 'ROFLMMFAO'? grow up! And 'DAMNNNNNN!'? Is this the blue collar comedy tour or something?

Jacquee Rae,

Thanks for the information on the computer-guitar - but I don't have $150... maybe in the future. Aren't pissing matches fun, though? I'm usually (not always) just responding to people who've started with me.

#6230 by luckynuggets
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:32 pm
I believe ol' Sdavis22 and aerosol should tye the knot. You are one to talk bitchie bitchingtons. This is a "why's it so hard to find a band forum" not I'm gonna talk intellectual garbage, smack diggity. Maybe you outta post some tunes or something of an actual musical importance.

#6237 by RhythmMan
Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:08 pm
luckynuggets, you said it.
Too damned unfriendly; who wants to say something, - just to get a reply which will probably be some sort of personal attack which will piss you off?
I've been here for years; this used to be a place where friends could talk.
Last edited by RhythmMan on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#6249 by Irminsul
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm
SDavis22 wrote:Thanks for the information on the computer-guitar - but I don't have $150... maybe in the future.

Seth, just ask your mom for a loan. She can use your paper route money as collateral.

#6250 by SDavis22
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 pm
luckynuggets wrote:I believe ol' Sdavis22 and aerosol should tye the knot. You are one to talk bitchie bitchingtons. This is a "why's it so hard to find a band forum" not I'm gonna talk intellectual garbage, smack diggity. Maybe you outta post some tunes or something of an actual musical importance.

See what I mean? I've never spoken to you before and yet you attacked me... My original post was regarding 'Why it's so hard to find band members' only to be taken on by a few geniuses. Why did you feel the need to jump in? If you have nothing to do with what I've said to someone else - then stay out of it! I'm clearly going to defend myself if you write something about me... Anyone who knows me would tell you I'm quite the pleasant fellow... If you read my other posts you would know that I don't currently have the ability to post audio files on the internet - I could ask you to post some music of importance as well. Bitchie Bitchingtons? Smack Diggity? What language is that? You're 26?? I think I know why aerosol is on your mind... or in it... William Penn would be disgusted to find you living in his state...

Irminsul wrote:Seth, just ask your mom for a loan. She can use your paper route money as collateral.

Good one, Alice... Or maybe I should ask Satan and use your soul for collateral...
Last edited by SDavis22 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#6251 by luckynuggets
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:44 pm
Minny Minny Moo moo
#6433 by Lady Rocker
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm
I'm new!! HI EVERYONE :D ! If you guys think your having a hard time!! Try living in the U.P. of Michigan.....talk about BFE!! Joined here thinking I could get in touch with some local musicians....I found some, but what bums me out is I can't email anyone from this website unless I pay $10 a month!!

What the heck is that?? I know it's sad, and I don't need a pity party or anything!! But, I'm por people and I can't afford $10 a month to be able to email people when I find a profile that's interesting to me!!?? Any other way to contact others here??

IF anyone is interested...you can check out my profile, I'm a vocalist...have pics and audio available! My user name is Lady Rocker!
I don't even know if I'm able to receive email here...cuz I'm a Free member user.....so, if ya can't contact me this way...my email address is [email protected] (if they show it)!!

Anyway....ROCK ON!! :P

#6440 by The KIDD
Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:05 am
Hey LadyRocker,

Geez, I thought St. Ignace was bad :lol: ...Played the Zodiac Club there in the dead of winter back in 85..I'd never been that far N before..The thermometer on the bank said -14 no matter if it was day or nite..I think it was froze too :lol: ...Seen a small plane crash on the lake..dont think anyone was hurt..Snowmobiles were racing across the frozen lake to their rescue..Seem to be a tight knit town and that club was packed the 6nites a week we played. Is that Club still happenin?...Dont mean to hi-jack this thread ,just wanted comment on your location...

John

#6474 by Lady Rocker
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:13 pm
St. Ignace is an hour from here. I haven't been over to that club in awhile, so.... I dunno!! It's tuff finding talented musicians in this area!! All the ones worth while are already jammin' or somethin!! Either that or their HIDING......'cuz I can't find anyone!!

Well actually, there's a profile on here for...ALLOWISHUS_1..... he's from St. Ignace.... but I can't email him from here..... so, I don't know what his real name is or how to get in touch with him!! Can anyone else help me on that??

Yup....it's cooooolllllldddddd here in the winter time!! What brought you way up to the UP to play??????

#6502 by The KIDD
Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:42 am
Hey Lady,

Most of my road travel since 78 had been in the SE and mid west,Then Media Promotion ENT. sends us to your part of the world in FEB... :lol:
Wake up.... :shock: ....Yeah , that club back then was a road gig...Ya cant really compare the gig experience on that level to present day...Most of the places Ive visited 25 yrs after either dont even have bands anymore, or are just running weekends...Bands back then could be playin the colesium in Jackson MS one nite for 7000, then a club in Allerton IA the next week for 50-100 people a nite...Much more diversity back then...When we played the Zodiac , we covered everything 50's-80's and had a show also...
OH ,BTW, I really like your vocal....Get those boys on here off their asses
and get giggin. :lol:

Best wishes,
John

#6515 by bluesman25
Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:36 am
Let's not interrupt the fight by letting a conversation break out!

Seriously. Is it possible that even with all our technology and newfound abillities to comunicate ... musicians are somewhat lagging behind?

All I hear about is how the global community is interacting and sharing in new and wonderous ways but most musicians I know still look for work by checking the newspaper classifieds.

There are pages dedicated to working on music projects across the net but they suffer from a problematic lack of participation. Musicians need to get on board with that stuff.

If we can record, send, share, or collaborate on music over the net...then why not live performances and the works?

Any thoughts?