This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#86124 by Chippy
Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 pm
I prefer Codeine.
I know that's banned here. :wink:

#86128 by Black57
Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 pm
Make sure that you allow yourself to heal completely before returning to your ax. I'm not kidding :?

#86130 by HowlinJ
Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:11 am
Keith,
Those oxycodones work great, but as was previously mentioned, they are a good thing to kick as soon as possible. (anything that makes you feel that good can't be good for ya! :wink: )

get well soon and keep those fingers moving.

HJ

#86138 by Crip2Nite
Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:05 am
Yeah my wife gets 120 of those a month for her messed up back.... serious pain but she's very good and it takes about 3-4 months for her to go through them...

#86214 by Kramerguy
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:55 pm
I called the doc and they got me vicodins instead. MUCH better. No more nausea ... Not enough of either or both to get hooked. THis is PA.. the state motto should be "please don't sue me", cause everyone is too afraid to give you ANY real pills, advice, etc..

Hell, my daughters' past doctors and neurologists REFUSE to even speculate on just HOW autistic she is (low, moderate, severe, etc..). THey just put on paper "autistic".. heh. I can't beat it our of them. But that's the VIK talking lol...

Mary, they said to use my hand normally as much as possible, just nothing that would strain like lifting, etc..

It feels really good though (even when the meds wear off, no numbness, tingling, etc.. anymore) so once the wound heals, why not play right away?

#86225 by gbheil
Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 am
Soft tissue can take longer to heal than bone. And it takes six weeks for full calcification of bone.
Be carefull and dont jump the gun.
Be sure you eat a little something with the Vicodin.
Did he say one or two every four to six hours as needed?
That is the usuall script for Vicodin.

Cant help it, that danged nurse leaks out of me every time. :roll:

God Speed

#86238 by Kramerguy
Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 am
yeah, 2 every 4-6 hours...
I dont think they cut bone?!? Just the tunnel and the palm incision.. was not an endoscopic routine, my doc likes to open ppl up and see what he's doing (in his words), more reliable and precise, so I agreed, I had looked up the stats and endo did have a higher accident percentage

#86261 by gtZip
Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:02 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Docusate sodium over the counter will prevent the analgesic constipation.
Take one 100mg capsule twice a day with food and drink plenty of water.
If you feel the stool is getting to loose just skip a day.
If your taking something like vicodin (hydrocodone bitartate) instead of taking two every four to six hours take one and an hour latter take the second, especially at bedtime. that way they will not peak at the same time.
The four to six hour wait is to allow your liver to clear the damned tylenol.
The amount of narcotic involved if fairly insignificant.
Surgical / ortho pain mgmt is what I do for a living. Have questions just message me.

Or just demand Norco, and half your tylenol problem is no longer a problem.
Good constipation tip George, I'll have to try that. (Good info in general)

Kramer: I missed the whole thing... sorry 'bout that. I would have wished you luck and stuff.
Good luck on your recovery.

#86262 by gtZip
Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:06 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Oxycodone can be had without the tylenol content as oxycodone.
Taken only with food can help but if nausia persisit it is either and allergic reaction or a serious side effect and you should not take them anymore.
Norco does contain tylenol, just a lot less.
Vicoden is 5/500
Vicoden ES is 7.5/500 (hydrocodone/tylenol)
Norco can be had in 5/325 7.5/325 & 10/325 I have heard they make a 2.5/325 but have never seen any.
Propoxyphene works well for some (DARVOCET) however it also contains 650mg of tylenol per capsule/tablet
Tramadol hydrochloride (ULTRAM) in 50mg to 100mg doses works very well for some people as well.
For injury to etrimeties, ice (on 20min off 30 min) and elivating above the heart can be very beneficial as well.
I encourge all my patients to take any of these with food.
I hate the pukies. :twisted: Cool sprite to sip also helps reduce nausia symptoms.

More great info that I didnt see at first.
George, you 'are' the man.

:)

#86295 by gbheil
Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 pm
It is what I do for a living. And I am pretty damned good at it too. :wink:

I did not intend to infer that there was osseous involvment. (bone)
Just that you need to give yourself time to heal appropriatly.
Poor demonstration with the loss of inflection due to the typed word I suppose.

Anyways, best wishes. And If I can provide any further info.
You know where I bees. 8)