This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85918 by Crip2Nite
Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:44 pm
Awesome surgery.... was wakin' up in unbelievable pain before I had it done....They considered it a work comp case and paid for the whole surgery, paid me almost full pay for 6 weeks off... recived a 30grand setllement 4 years later and last but not least... the percocets were great!

#85983 by fisherman bob
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 am
After my hernia operation a few years ago I took painkillers and they made me constipated as hell. I couldn't go for three days. Imagine having abdominal surgery and straining right afterwards. I called my naturopath and got off the damn painkillers immediately. What a relief! Perhaps too much info here, but hopefully you won't need painkillers for too long. I can't stand perscription drugs. I try and avoid them if at all possible.

#85986 by philbymon
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:06 am
I hate 'em, too, bob. Those damned antibiotics they put me on last Feb for pneumonia gave me the trots for over 6 months! I even ate that dratted Activia yogurt & took acidophilus, too! Horrid stuff!

#85987 by Kramerguy
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 am
well they told me it was a success.

They warned me the painkillers could constipate - but when that local wore off and the pain kicked in.. F that! I'll take a laxative later lol , but I've had my fair share of recreational drugs in my life, so always a nice blast from the past :P

damn this hurts... tehy say typing is therapeutic

#85988 by philbymon
Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 am
HE LIVES!!!!

Good to see ya back, Kramer!

Take yer pills. Take an extra one for me...

Keep typin' & get better!

#86030 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 pm
Docusate sodium over the counter will prevent the analgesic constipation.
Take one 100mg capsule twice a day with food and drink plenty of water.
If you feel the stool is getting to loose just skip a day.
If your taking something like vicodin (hydrocodone bitartate) instead of taking two every four to six hours take one and an hour latter take the second, especially at bedtime. that way they will not peak at the same time.
The four to six hour wait is to allow your liver to clear the damned tylenol.
The amount of narcotic involved if fairly insignificant.
Surgical / ortho pain mgmt is what I do for a living. Have questions just message me.

#86032 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm
Oooh if I ever get seriously hurt, I'll be asking you everything.

Never hurts to have knowledgeable professionals lurking about in your fave forum.

#86033 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm
LOL

I think that is the least I could do to pay back all the musical help and information I have recieved here.
My wife is a wound specalist so we get lots of family and friends calling for advice. 8)

#86037 by philbymon
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:52 pm
Hey sans - how does one extract the tylenol out of this stuff? I never believed in tylenol...

#86059 by Kramerguy
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:48 pm
hey sans, they gave me oxycodone (yeah with O's not E's..) never heard of it, but it does kill the pain, only problem is that they are making me terribly nauseous.. I called the doc and asked for perks or something equally as effective at killing pain, without feeling like I'm gonna vomit.

Any suggestions?

#86061 by Crip2Nite
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm
LOL.... they are percs.... oxycodone is the generic name.... I take Norco for my herniated neck discs when needed... that's pure hydrocodone without the tylenol. Won't make you nauseous .

#86063 by philbymon
Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm
That's percs, for ya! I never had the trouble a lot of ppl do with them, myself, but taking them with food helps, I've heard.

Or, you could just tell your doc that they upset your stomach too much & get something else...

#86065 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Oxycodone can be had without the tylenol content as oxycodone.
Taken only with food can help but if nausia persisit it is either and allergic reaction or a serious side effect and you should not take them anymore.
Norco does contain tylenol, just a lot less.
Vicoden is 5/500
Vicoden ES is 7.5/500 (hydrocodone/tylenol)
Norco can be had in 5/325 7.5/325 & 10/325 I have heard they make a 2.5/325 but have never seen any.
Propoxyphene works well for some (DARVOCET) however it also contains 650mg of tylenol per capsule/tablet
Tramadol hydrochloride (ULTRAM) in 50mg to 100mg doses works very well for some people as well.
For injury to etrimeties, ice (on 20min off 30 min) and elivating above the heart can be very beneficial as well.
I encourge all my patients to take any of these with food.
I hate the pukies. :twisted: Cool sprite to sip also helps reduce nausia symptoms.

#86080 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:22 pm
Any pain pills immediately send me to the porcelain throne.

Percocets/Percodan are the worst of the bunch (as far s I know).

#86109 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 pm
A lot of people who cannot take real codiene will also have difficulty with the synthetics. Give me codiene. I like the real thing if I got take anything. But I am unfortunatly not allergic to anything but work so, I usually get stuck with Norco.
But whatever you do please stay away from oxycontin.
Most MDs wont persribe it for acute pain, but some do for chronic severe pain. Morphine addiction is ugly and can make otherwise decent folk into junkie assholes.