This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85517 by Kramerguy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:04 pm
wow philby, craig, chippy, hell... everyone :) -

Thanks for all the input!

I agree with a lot of what was said. I think when we go to do our album (spring 2010!!) things will really come around full circle, we're currently shopping for a high-level producer who will be able to help with hearing the potentials and rectifying the shortcomings in the performances, tones, and arrangements. We've narrowed it down to 5 producers :)

I'm really glad we did these demos, and are getting feedback, rather than just rushing to put them on an album (like a lot of bands do). I fell really good about this project and we seem to be doing a lot of things in the right order.

Thanks again you guys

#85524 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:59 pm
Kramer,

What's missing IMO in "Ordinary" is the drive - there is virtually no discernable bass line. The song begins with the kicks which is a great intro - it gets you into the groove, but that initial groove just kind of fades away after the second measure - There's a single bass-line "varooommmmmmmm", but then it just kind of fizzles after that, leaving you with a "what was all that build up for?"

At first I thought I was going to hear Rush, then it just kind of fizzled out and didn't go anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfId5C- ... re=related

I think if anything, you need a walking bass line that emphasizes the drum's kick.

Chris

#85525 by jsantos
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm
Kramer, I liked your new song posts and I think they are good songs and you guys are good musicians. The elements and ideas are all there and what you guys need to do is add dynamics. This is where a good producer can give you perspectives and approaches. This is actually a very good demo compared to ones Ive had my own hand in. I think songs keep evolving until the last record button has been hit. Good luck and I would love the hear the end result in 2010.