This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#85241 by CraigMaxim
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm
Lone,

Musicians tend to get negative when they are accustomed to charlatans trying to rip them off on a daily basis. So, cut Kramer a little slack, cause it isn't personal.

For the record, you didn't come across as a charlatan to me, and I am pretty good at sniffin' them out early on.

I did check Voodoo Pharmacology out, and they are pretty good, and they seem to have a good following and some buzz in Baltimore. I've seen write ups on them in a few places, when I researched them.

And, I also found that they were listed on http://www.mtv.com/soundtrack at one time, but this page has changed over, and Google has no cache for the version mentioning them. It's in google's listings though, so I would say this is evidence that they did have a song somehwhere and were duly noted for it, by MTV. Although, they are NOT listed in MTV's bands listing. But I don't know their policy on this. Perhaps if something is used on a single instance basis, they don't bother listing the band on a continued basis?

But, you guys can find this by searching "voodoo pharmacology" (in quotes) and +mtv (with a plus sign, which tells google that word MUST be in their results, or don't list it)

In any event...

Continued success with your online radio project!

Last edited by CraigMaxim on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#85243 by CraigMaxim
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 pm
btw...

Another, albeit remote, possibility is that they are not signed with ASCAP or BMI, or similar service, in which case, some companies won't keep playing them.

I had a song called "Taylor's Song" which was written for the family of a 6 year old little girl who died of brain cancer, to comfort them through their daughter's illness and untimely death. The family took the song to a radio station in Savannah and they played it, and got daily requests for it long afterward. The station manager couldn't find my band listed with ASCAP or BMI and so he pulled the song, which was effectively in regular rotation.

I would think this band would not be in a similar situation, but who knows?

#85308 by Chippy
Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm
This was pretty intriguing information and something I didn't know Craig thanks for posting this.

CraigMaxim wrote:btw...

Another, albeit remote, possibility is that they are not signed with ASCAP or BMI, or similar service, in which case, some companies won't keep playing them.