This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#82767 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 pm
Andragon wrote:
Chris4Blues wrote:My brother in-law (Wade Worthington) was one of the founding members of Faith No More.

Jokes, right?
Was he on Angel Dust? Or was he the singer before Mike Patton?

er um, no joke. he played keyboards. Actually I'm not certain the band name at the time - Faith No Man as wilkki states - second sentence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_No_More

but yeah, a picture of him and his son on my wife's Photography Website here: http://www.worthingtonphotography.com/about/

he's in portland oregon now tho.

chris
Last edited by Sir Jamsalot on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#82768 by Andragon
Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 pm
That's still pretty cool.

#82769 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 pm
Andragon wrote:That's still pretty cool.

It was pretty trippy. I had no idea until someone looking to verify it was the same Wade Worthington called last month. Then my wife told me about it. All the members would come over and play in the garage. I'm still trying to get all the sound-proofing out of the walls lol. Damn kids.

#82807 by CraigMaxim
Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:24 am
ratsass wrote:Hey, Craig. I noticed on the band "311" you didn't put the rumor about the 11th letter of the alphabet is "K" so 3 11's = 3 K's = KKK. I guess it's been discredited enough by now.

I didn't know that myself. LOL

Hopefully that one isn't true.

--

And Chris and everyone else,

You're welcome, glad you got a kick out of it. :-)

#83817 by bundydude
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:40 am
O.k. I'll join in...For anyone who remembers the late 80's/early 90's metal band, that Dave Mustaine from Megadeth produced, Sanctuary. After the band had some internal issues and replaced a couple of members, they were getting ready to perform live, the original guitarist, who was no longer with them, brought legal actions against them for using the name. They played the show anyhow and promoted it, saying; Sanctuary is Nevermore...And obviously changing their name to; Nevermore.

#83818 by bundydude
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 am
Oh! Here's another one, and this one is lame! I played in a cover band, for a short time...We could'nt come up with a name, so, we wound up calling ourselves; Zeer-Rocktz...a.ka. Zerox. I told you it was lame...Sorry!

#83823 by CraigMaxim
Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 am
bundydude wrote:Oh! Here's another one, and this one is lame! I played in a cover band, for a short time...We could'nt come up with a name, so, we wound up calling ourselves; Zeer-Rocktz...a.ka. Zerox. I told you it was lame...Sorry!

LOL - Not so lame.

My mom's former drummer played for Bruce Springsteen in Asbury Park, NJ before he was big, and several of the names they went by were:

Dr. Zoom and the Sonic Boom
Thunder Chicken

Imagine if you got big and were then stuck with being "Thunder Chicken"

LOL :-)

#84271 by Pawpa-Dawg
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 pm
I apologise for My ignorance as to the ZZ-Top post I made, as I was nieeve and belived what My Uncle told back in the late 70's, please forgive Me for My lack of inteelagence and sounding like an idiot ( hell My Wife would agree with the latter... lol)

#84273 by ColorsFade
Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 am
Breaking Benjamin

The band derived their name from an incident when (Benjamin) Burnley was covering a Nirvana song during an open mic night at a club. He kicked the microphone stand over, breaking it. The person who owned the microphone came on stage and said, "I'd like to thank Benjamin for breaking my *expletive* microphone."