This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#76450 by TheTrawlers
Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:34 pm
Hi All,

RANT START!

Ive sent about 20 emails to people with only two responses.

I can see a few of them have not logged in for over a month, so hence they need to sign up to pay to read the messages. But they dont. So i can understand there lack of response.

They people that have read the messages and logged back in, have not sent a message back saying your not what im after, or im looking into ther things. Even a out and out email "of your music is poo" would be better than nothing.

I always end my emails to people with some kind of polite ending, asking them to let me know if we are not for them, and thanking them for there time to have a listen to our songs on the myspace:

www.mysapce.com/thetrawlers

RANT OVER!

#76451 by Chippy
Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm
http://www.myspace.com/thetrawlers
Oddly when I clicked you link it took me to my login :D

Anywho things are tight and if Bandmix don't see that it's tight and people have problems paying for things I don't see this place lasting frankly.

Good luck with your search, I suspect the reason for this is EVERYTHING related these days cuz things just ain't the same.

#76463 by gbheil
Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm
If you got two out of twenty you beat the odds considerably.
You should count yourself lucky. I snet messages most daily for two months before I got a bite.
But I got our band together. Finally. :wink:

#76470 by ZXYZ
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 am
The only people that have ever contacted me are newcomers to the site checking out the talent. Not regulars. We who converse on a regular basis on the forums here are here for the comrodary , the info and the entertainment. Good luck with your search. It takes a lot of time and patience, no matter if it's newspaper ads, forums, craigslists, etc.

#76477 by fisherman bob
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:04 am
If anybody responds, which is rare, they NEVER call me on the phone. It's always e-mail after e-mail or text messages. My phone number is 913-940-3020. If you want to talk to me CALL ME ON THE PHONE. Don't be afraid of the fisherman...oh and good luck with your search and BE PATIENT. Two of my current band members are Bandmixers.

#76512 by philbymon
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm
Yep. A 10% response rate is pretty damned good, believe it or not.

There's a lot of posers out there that just waste your time, for some reason. Have you gotten any responses from the Guitar Hero game players that have no instruments? LOL

It's just like real life! Ninety percent of the ppl I meet I really didn't want to...LOL

Note the liberal use of "LOL." Ya gotta laugh at it! Otherwise, you end up hating ppl until they prove themselves to ya, & that's no way to be.

Some ppl just won't answer if they already got something in the works, & others won't answer if you aren't what they're looking for, & others just gave up & are doing something else. The ones that don't answer aren't ppl you wanna work with anyway, so I tend to look at it as just another part of the screening preocess...

#76549 by jimmydanger
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 pm
Absolutely Phil. Same thing with audition no-shows; it's just as good as an audition when someone doesn't show up or are very late.

#77060 by RICK_M1954
Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:12 am
Ok, this is no news flash I' sure. This site sucks. No one replies. Don't waste your time on a subscription here. Shows hundreds of musicians in your area. Either they have all died since they posted an entry. Or they really are the rudest bunch of people on the planet. This is a membership fee rip off. If Yer readin this bandmix staff. No I won't be renewing. Hell I won't even be back for your reply....if you do. So fire away.

#77063 by Chippy
Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 am
I don't know about anyone else but if someone contacts me I get back to them asap. There are a lot of nice people around frankly but what you'll probably find is that some are not totally sure of their own direction. this can be a nightmare when someone contacts you.

Just my two cents. Hope you find it.
Cheers.

Chippy.

#77074 by Whitesel
Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:14 pm
Don't worry, it's not just on here, I E-mail people all the time that I'm in bands with or good friends with and most people seem to take a couple weeks to E-mail me back...if at all, that's just how many people are, they either don't check their E-mail, your E-mail gets lost in the 300 daily spam E-mails they get or it slips their minds to E-mail you back. Some might log on and not even notice they have a message. If they don't E-mail you back.

When I run ads on Craigslist, I'll get stupid Questions like "do you have any music or videos posted?" after I give them a direct link to the Web page with obvious links to the songs. I usually don't E-mail those people back.

Funny...why is it parents always call you just to tell you "I sent you an E-mail!"

#77092 by fisherman bob
Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:16 pm
RICK_M1954 wrote:Ok, this is no news flash I' sure. This site sucks. No one replies. Don't waste your time on a subscription here. Shows hundreds of musicians in your area. Either they have all died since they posted an entry. Or they really are the rudest bunch of people on the planet. This is a membership fee rip off. If Yer readin this bandmix staff. No I won't be renewing. Hell I won't even be back for your reply....if you do. So fire away.
The problem ISN'T Bandmix or those people you're trying to communicate with. The problem here is YOU. (No, I'm not a Bandmix employee). Here's FOUR problems I see with YOUR profile page and why I wouldn't respond to YOUR inquiries:

1) You say you're MODERATELY COMMITTED. I want somebody who is SERIOUS about music in my band. I want somebody who WILL COMMIT 100% to rehearsal and LEARN the material 100%, not in moderation.

2) You have performed 10-50 gigs. While you may be an excellent musician you have a lack of experience. Most bands are seeking somebody with PROVEN experience. You don't have enough for me.

3) You're 54 years old and your description says you've been in garage bands. Again this proves to me that you don't have the experience I would be looking for.

4) YOU HAVE NONE OF YOUR PLAYING LOADED ON YOUR PROFILE PAGE. I have absolutely no idea what YOU sound like. I would bet my mortgage that those people with some of THEIR playing on their profile page gets way higher response.

Bandmix might suck in your opinion, and you are entitled to your opinion, but you are COMPETING with many other musicians in your quest to get into a band. THIS IS A BUSINESS FIRST AND FOREMOST. Bandmix is a great tool to find other people if you use this tool properly. Your profile page indicates to me that you are not utilizing this wonderful tool to its fullest. I go on to the Forum almost daily. I think I have made some friends here, and maybe I've pissed some other people off. But for sure there are individuals who participate in the Forum WHO FREELY GIVE VERY VALUABLE ADVICE THAT YOU CANNOT PUT A PRICE ON. I have also found some very good musicians on here (one of which I'm playing with now). It CAN work but YOU have to make it work. One of the ways to make it work is to improve yourself as a musician and put something for us to listen to on your profile page. Get rid of the garage band reference and most definitely become SERIOUSLY COMMITTED to your music. Then you'll get the response you DESERVE. Good luck.

#77111 by Whitesel
Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:43 am
I'll agree with Bob, you need to have stuff posted, I seem to end up doing a lot of the graphic and web work myself for the bands I'm in, so when I see a site or band page that has no music or pictures, I just move on, it's not worth my time if they haven't put some of their own time into it. I hate everything on my page and what's up there, but I throw up and rotate and put better stuff up when I have time. Some of the stuff is just real rough ideas that I'm sharing, other stuff is old..but at least it's something.

#77119 by ZXYZ
Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:22 am
Buddhashake is awesome, dude. :D

#77147 by philbymon
Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Yeah, if I'd taken the time to look at your profile, I'd have said pretty much what bob did, but not as nicely.

You seem to be advertising a non-product, without a Properly Prepared Profile - the magical 3P's of BM ads. Be clear in what you seek, what you are, & what you can do, or you may as well put your # up on the men's room wall at your local truck stop. (You'll get calls if you do that, but prolly not from musicians...)

#77160 by gbheil
Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:29 pm
A guess the skin flute dont count eh Phil. :lol:

Shame, I guess I'll have to cancel our gigs and tell the boys in the band it's all over cause Bandmix dont work.

NOT!

Noisy Kung Fu !!!