This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#14499 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:01 pm
LOL Mage you need a spell so you can come across to everyone as the savior.

I think you a little shape shifter/chameleon that tries to make everyone happy, while you silently burn down deep.

Suck on that, "Mage".

PS: I think your ideas are laughable. All couple of them..lol

I'll praise you for trying, you just try too hard is all.

You can't please everyone all the time.

#14671 by Dale Stewart
Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:26 pm
When an old friend says he loves my new music when he actually hates it is doing me a disservice. But, just to blurt out, "IT SUCKS!" is inconsiderate. You should be as honest as you can in the situation at hand without being hurtful. There IS a way to tell a player that you are not 'into' what they are doing. Just try to be polite about it.

"There can be no music without ideology" - Shostakovich

#14677 by Irminsul
Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:09 pm
Yup, nothing at all wrong with civility. The problem I see is that it is a rarer and rarer commodity in today's culture. Instead, we get the two extremes; either flaming insults or this PC crap where you blow sunshine up their skirts even when it's not warranted.

I truly believe the answer lies in the middle: civilized honesty. Hell, even throw in some positive criticism that could encourage them to try again (I do that when I can).

#14680 by Starfish Scott
Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:27 pm
Chivalry is dead and civility is on the decline.