This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295864 by DainNobody
Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:37 pm
'Playin those mind games forever"
Last edited by DainNobody on Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#295865 by Mordgeld
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:58 pm
He needs session musicians. Unfortunately, one must commit to paying them a set amount. He could certainly be doing something different while he attempts to form his own band. From my experience auditioning people, there are many out there that will sit home rather than go with something that isn't exactly what they want.

Forming a viable band is hard work. I have done so but I had to use session musicians or sequencing to bring the project to life. We had to record backing tracks with a session drummer and take it to the stage before drummers were looking for us instead of the other way around.

tldr: he's looking for your approval, not your suggestions. One can only hope he ends up being right about his approach or he'll end up with a career in his living room.
#295866 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:39 pm
One of his key requirements is it has to be a 3 piece band, so they "make more money" per head, but since he stipulates needing a guitarist rather than a keyboard player, how is it will his band pull off another requirement, that they cover "Video Killed the Radio Star"?..maybe a guitar synthesizer could emulate that?..it is a must also..no exceptions..lol
#295867 by Mordgeld
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:54 pm
DainNobody wrote:One of his key requirements is it has to be a 3 piece band, so they "make more money" per head, but since he stipulates needing a guitarist rather than a keyboard player, how is it will his band pull off another requirement, that they cover "Video Killed the Radio Star"?..maybe a guitar synthesizer could emulate that?..it is a must also..no exceptions..lol

To be fair, it can be done with a click/cue track in the monitors and a backing track to the mains.
#295868 by DainNobody
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:15 pm
I have already asked him to notify me when he gets his band assembled, rehearsed, and ready for his first gig, I will come to see a 3 piece band cover Video Killed The Radio Star..do you mean some sort of MIDI controller with a stomp box?..
#295869 by DainNobody
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:18 pm
Oh another thing ..how did The Fuggles pull off that vocal?..must be some sort of processor? More money spent just for one lousy tune
#295870 by Mordgeld
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:03 pm
DainNobody wrote:.....do you mean some sort of MIDI controller with a stomp box?.

No, just a stereo backing track with cues/click for the drummer on one side fed to drummers monitor and a sequenced (or pre-recorded session) keyboard on the other side fed to the mains as mono. You can run this from any media player into 2 channels on the main board for the sound engineer to route appropriately.