This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295843 by laissezfayre
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:10 pm
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but not to Bandmix.

I'm based in Brisbane in Australia, and it's a major city because it's previously played host to the 1982 Commonwealth Games, World Expo 1988 and will also be hosting the Olympic Games in 2032.

Some well known bands to come out of this town include: Savage Garden, The Veronicas, Powderfinger, Violent Soho, Regurgitator, Custard, Pangaea, and The Bee Gees.

I play guitar and write songs, and can also play keyboards, trombone, and violin.

If you'd like to check out some of my music, have a look at: https://linktr.ee/laissezfayre1 (feel free to sub to the YouTube channel as well as the IG page).

Thanks, and would love to hear from some of you in here.

Dario Western
#295846 by Mordgeld
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:43 pm
Welcome! The forum is a little thin these days.

I'm out of northern California. Plenty of interesting bands here.

I also play guitar and write songs. Other things I can do are bass, vocals, recording/mixing/mastering.

You can check out my band's latest at https://ditto.fm/burn-me-alive_05644de60f
#295850 by Mordgeld
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:54 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:....

That's some great guitar playing, Morgeld.

Thank you, sir!
#295851 by Planetguy
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:46 pm
Welcome to Bandmix, Dario.

Morgeld, those are some very happening tones and playing for that genre!
#295852 by Mordgeld
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:53 pm
Planetguy wrote:....

Thank you also, sir! Just curious, what genre would you place us in? It has been a challenge for us, at times, finding where we belong.
#295854 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:42 pm
Mordgeld wrote:
Planetguy wrote:....

Thank you also, sir! Just curious, what genre would you place us in? It has been a challenge for us, at times, finding where we belong.

Some sub genre of metal, I'd say. While i can appreciate the skills it takes to play it well, metal has never spoken to me....and so, what with all the many different sub-genres of metal, I'm not qualified to weigh in on exactly which it might be.

These days, most of my playing is with a duo and we are all over the road musically. (No metal tho!) So, i fully understand not being able to toss off an easy answer to the label/genre question.

BTW.....i appreciate your efforts to keep the lights on at BM. Tally Ho!
#295856 by Mordgeld
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:35 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Mordgeld wrote:

Some sub genre of metal, I'd say. While i can appreciate the skills it takes to play it well, metal has never spoken to me....and so, what with all the many different sub-genres of metal, I'm not qualified to weigh in on exactly which it might be.

These days, most of my playing is with a duo and we are all over the road musically. (No metal tho!) So, i fully understand not being able to toss off an easy answer to the label/genre question.

BTW.....i appreciate your efforts to keep the lights on at BM. Tally Ho!

That's fair. I came up in metal at a time when it was the only name of the genre. I'm not so good at splitting hairs for sub-genres either. I like to think that our music has some attributes to draw in some people who might not have previously considered what heavier music can offer. We also differ considerably from the standard metal fare in our area.

Thanks for still stopping by to engage at BM. Maybe if everybody can stay chill, we might see some more people trickle in.
#295863 by Planetguy
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:34 pm
Mordgeld wrote:Thanks for still stopping by to engage at BM. Maybe if everybody can stay chill, we might see some more people trickle in.

You're welcome. Yeah, maybe if we can keep things between the lines some of the worthwhile interaction can return. Count me in and up for that.