This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#77297 by Whitesel
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 am
Thanks, Was a good band while it lasted, we were just about to come out with our second CD, had #1 songs on NYC college stations for 8 weeks in a row, had a great fan base, then a couple guys went to New Orleans for Madi gras and decided they wanted to be a New Orleans funk cover band, over the years all the members left the Funk band, some became high school teachers. Shame, was a fun band while it lasted.
#295813 by The Country Music Project
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:07 pm
Some of it is our world these days. We have a lot of people who think "no response, is a response". It's immature, it's rude, it's unprofessional, and it's cowardly. People don't want to take the time to say "not interested". Too much trouble for the lazy people in this world apparently.

"Oh, I'm so excited to join a band, I love singing, it's the most important thing in my life, please message me!! Yay!!".......and then they ignore your email. WTF?? Children.

However, if you're running a business and trying to recruit employees....the LAST thiong you need are people who don't reply, don't think it's important to reply, ignore communications and are THAT unprofessional. Be glad they didn't reply because you don't need that kind of nonsense in your business. When people tell you who they are....it pays to listen. Don't hire idiots.

Lastly....what frustrates ME is the way Bandmix does nothing about this issue. How about a flag that email was opened? That way we wouldn't have to guess at whether they even saw it. I've emailed people 3, 4. 5 times and then find out they didn't see the first four!? If someone opens email #1 and doesn't reply, I'd never email them again. Done. But no.....Bandmix can't seem to figure that out. Notifications to people's personal email box (gmail, comcast, whatever) is rediculously inconsistent, so people dont' know someone's emailed them on Bandmix.

Bandmix is one step above recruiting musicians on Craigslist. I haven't had success finding a quality musician on this site since 2014. I don't know why I bother to keep paying their fee. It's as useful as match.com. Waste of money!
#295814 by Mordgeld
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:01 pm
I gave up paying their fee. There are never any updates or improvements. The one place, the forum, where you could connect more directly, was removed from the header of the main pages and you have to find it at the bottom. Most people don't respond. It'd be nice if BM didn't list people in searches that stopped logging in/responding.
#295815 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:19 pm
You guys PAID for BM? :lol:
#295817 by Mordgeld
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:18 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:You guys PAID for BM? :lol:

I did actually find a second guitarist that I'm still working with so I guess I got some value from it. Gave up after trying for a drummer. My favorite response was a drummer saying he wasn't interested because the programmed drums didn't sound great. That , of course, being the reason I reached out.