This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295722 by nicolasks
Thu May 05, 2022 2:51 pm
I setup an account on Gigbooker.com hoping to compile a list of venues along with contacts to book my musical groups. At first it seemed like a great deal, lots of information.

Turns out, almost 80% of the information on there is either inaccurate, outdated, completely wrong, or the venue doesn't even exist any longer.

So on the day that my subscription was supposed to end they charge me $50 for a useless service. There is no real contact information on their website, just an info email. So I sent them a request to cancel my subscription. Not a peep from them and yep, lo and behold $50 came out of my account.

I went to their Facebook page and posted my displeasure. I immediately got a response that stated,

We are sorry you fell that way. We must have missed the email from you. Yes, our information is a bit dated as COVID took out a ton of music venues. That's why we have a button that you can click to help update the database. As for the price. 50 bucks a year seems cheap to us.

So they admit they had useless information and they also want the consumer to do their work in verifying if venues are active or if the information is right and then click some button to submit to them and charge you $50 for this? That just screams scam and laziness. $50 is not cheap for what they admit is dated information. And they missed my email? More likely they chose not to respond to collect their bogus $50.

I have asked for a refund that I don't expect will ever happen. I'm most likely out $50 that I could have used for something worthwhile.

I am going around social media and music forums posting my experience so others avoid this useless and unethical website and save their $50 and, in all honesty, time. Avoid them, don't register, and if you have the desire or ability, let other musicians know to do the same.
#295729 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm
Be careful of any place trying to sell you a list of contacts/venues/etc!

IO use the free version of Gigsalad.com and get gig bid requests a couple of times a month. Finally got my first gig through them last weekend. They take a whopping 20% fee if you use their free service.
#295733 by Mordgeld
Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Be careful of any place trying to sell you a list of contacts/venues/etc!

IO use the free version of Gigsalad.com and get gig bid requests a couple of times a month. Finally got my first gig through them last weekend. They take a whopping 20% fee if you use their free service.

Holy crap! We were irritated when a production company jacked us 15% after telling us 10%. But I guess 20% on a gig is better than not having a gig if your overhead is covered. For that cut, I'd want them working door and security. I'll have to check it out and maybe try it for our acoustic set.