This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295628 by orange Fire
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:21 am
I have a question, Why do people post that they are looking for a band and never answer any messages that are sent to them? I have posted many messages looking for different band members and very few respond back. Asking for a friend
#295630 by Mordgeld
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:09 pm
Because they are long gone and not paying attention to their Bandmix account. Try to filter for recently active people. Even then, you'll be lucky to get a response. For reference, I've been looking for a drummer since 2015 for my current project. I've messaged over a hundred people on Bandmix alone. We ended up playing onstage to drum tracks I commissioned from a world class drummer in another country. I don't remember having seen any of the drummers (with profile pictures so I could identify them) that I contacted onstage in my area. I suspect "not perfect" for them is the enemy of "good enough" since most of the people who did respond suggested that they wanted to play within a specific narrow genre and would therefore pass. Same thing for a bassist. 2015 to now was plenty of time for our singer to learn to play bass. Best of luck to you, though. I hope you do find the musician(s) you seek.
#295634 by schmedidiah
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:09 pm
general answer; people suck.
more specific answer: musicians suck! :lol: :roll:
#295636 by Mordgeld
Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:14 pm
schmedidiah wrote:general answer; people suck.
more specific answer: musicians suck! :lol: :roll:

And as I often explain to other musicians trying to find traction with clubs and other musicians: "No one wants you until everyone does". Can't expect anyone in the music world to care at first. Most people seem to want to go straight to leading the parade after it is already underway.

The best thing one can do is find a way to move their project forward while the musicians that suck play their living room.
#295825 by REWB
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:51 pm
You'd be surprised how much a well presented profile and page will reflect upon the user(s). If I come across a profile/page that has no sample's of the poster's abilities I don't usually take them very seriously.
In other word's if there's no music or video showcasing the person in question it will not be looked at as someone to trust as a band mate.
#295831 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:07 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:99% of the people here are amateurs that don't play out.

That sounds pretty accurate. I've worked with just about 1% of people I've messaged here. Being a musician and being a performer are two different things.
#295837 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:15 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:
Being a musician and being a performer are two different things.

Not really. Being a musician and "wanting to be" a musician are

Both are true.

Being able to engage the audience is important to a bands success.

Had a guy in a band that we did a show with telling me he wanted to fire the lead guitarist because the guy had no stage presence. This was true but he should be helping his guitarist, not complaining to me.

More and more, I have to ask about acts that I see, "How did this even make it to the stage"? I don't want to be in a band where everyone tries to ignore a member that is unable to do actual musician things.
#295844 by laissezfayre
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 pm
I think that this site needs a good facelift.

Anyone signing up needs to provide a photo of themselves or their band, the artists who inspire and influence them, their music experience, and mandatory links to their social media accounts and videos and MP3 files of their songs. If they cannot or will not provide them, then they can't sign up for this site. Plus if a user does not log in at least every 2 - 3 months then their profile gets deleted.

I'd like Bandmix to become the musicians equivalent of Starnow. That site is really water tight as to who is allowed to use it and represent themselves.
#295848 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:24 pm
That's a nice sentiment.

Found 31 drummers in my area. Only ONE of them had any audio to check out. In the age where everyone has a cell phone that makes video, that is inexcusable and almost always an indication that this person can't keep a steady beat.

This can applied to every instrumentalist.