This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295590 by Mordgeld
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:14 pm
Interesting. Guitarists are a dime a dozen over here in Norcal but we can't come up with a capable drummer. What with the circumstances here, you might have some luck to convince a guitarist in CA to move to Florida. :lol:
#295592 by AJ6stringsting
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:43 pm
I once posted on Craig's List and local music stores.
I was specific, " Metal Musicians wanted" .
What came over to audition was dismal .
Most guys didn't know the difference between a natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor or pentatonic minor .... They were basicly Punk, Alternative or Nu Metal guys .... What a disappointment .... I wanted to form a band, not become a music teacher.
#295594 by Mordgeld
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:40 pm
AJ6stringsting wrote:I once posted on Craig's List and local music stores.
I was specific, " Metal Musicians wanted" .
What came over to audition was dismal .
Most guys didn't know the difference between a natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor or pentatonic minor .... They were basicly Punk, Alternative or Nu Metal guys .... What a disappointment .... I wanted to form a band, not become a music teacher.

Ha, reminds me of the strange looks I got when the auditions realized I was on more than 6 strings. It was like I broke music somehow. Then explaining inversions to match chords below 6 string and harmonic minor coexisting with natural minor.... :roll:

At this point, though, if I knew how to play drums well, I'd be willing to sit down with someone and work that out so we could have a regular drummer.
#295595 by Scrollkeeper
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:49 pm
Yeah, talent is pretty abysmal. For the most part capable guitarists get bogged down playing with their drum programming tools and supposedly releasing "albums" on Bandcamp. The rest is just hacks that can't play guitar for the most part.
Try to find a decent drummer or bassist - that's almost impossible :)
#295671 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm
I remember interviewing some self-called "professional level" guitarists for my band, some years ago.
I think I'd interviewed 12 guitar players.
They were good guys, and okay at what they already played, but none of them could play any of our music.
I spent 2 hours w/ each of them, basically teaching them chords they'd never used before.
I also met several talented guitarists, but they preferred different styles.
It's not always easy, eh?