This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295170 by DainNobody
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:43 am
Yep..I have used the tabs feature over there enough that I decided to get the pro plan for a Christmas present to myself today..the 86% off sales special did it for me 9.99 for a years worth? ..now run into a feature I was not aware of over there at ultimate guitar..a feature called shots..a video provided by them that alliws you to publush a 1 minute video of playing skill..got more admirers over there within a 1/2 hour than years here at bandmix..wonder when bandmix will have a similar feature..?
#295173 by schmedidiah
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:41 pm
BestGuitarist wrote:Yep..I have used the tabs feature over there enough that I decided to get the pro plan for a Christmas present to myself today..the 86% off sales special did it for me 9.99 for a years worth? ..now run into a feature I was not aware of over there at ultimate guitar..a feature called shots..a video provided by them that alliws you to publush a 1 minute video of playing skill..got more admirers over there within a 1/2 hour than years here at bandmix..wonder when bandmix will have a similar feature..?

taking odds on how long before this becomes like the rest of the internet and it's just a way to show people your wiener! :lol:
#295174 by Mordgeld
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:53 pm
BestGuitarist wrote:..got more admirers over there within a 1/2 hour than years here at bandmix..wonder when bandmix will have a similar feature..?

I'm guessing never since picking up fans is not what BM is about. Using YouTube videos posted to Reverb Nation is free and also allows you to track your fans.

schmedidiah wrote:taking odds on how long before this becomes like the rest of the internet and it's just a way to show people your wiener! :lol:

They'll have to make a separate site for organ players.
#295180 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:46 pm
What does 'picking up fans' with short UG videos or RN-posted videos get you? Neither will get you a paying gig. No one is buying actual CDs or even downloads anymore - I've sold less than a handful of each in 2019. People are streaming their music - I've had over 14000 streams on Spotify alone. (Don't question the $$, it's better than nothing, more than the d/l & CD sales).
#295182 by Mordgeld
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:28 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:What does 'picking up fans' with short UG videos or RN-posted videos get you? Neither will get you a paying gig. No one is buying actual CDs or even downloads anymore - I've sold less than a handful of each in 2019. People are streaming their music - I've had over 14000 streams on Spotify alone. (Don't question the $$, it's better than nothing, more than the d/l & CD sales).

Among our fans are other gigging bands that would have us on with them, and bookers/production companies that have an interest in putting us on stage. It isn't my imagination if they approach us in person and know who we are when we go to see other band's shows. Engaging with fans and other music acts, imo, is key to soliciting support, attendance to shows, and merch sales which far outweigh what a new band can get from streaming. As for the videos, the drummer we are looking to hire has decent videos to point us to. But Mike, ymmv. I guess you have to do what works for you.
#295243 by Cajundaddy
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 pm
I have watched Shots and I think it is useful as a 1 minute open mic or audition. If I saw someone on there that I liked I would consider working with them. Some are actually quite good. If you can link to your shot and send it to contacts or potential gig promoters I think it has value, far more than CL or... here. :mrgreen:

I mostly play live and do little recording these days. Expanding my circle of competent nearby musician friends always has value.