This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295142 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm
I finally got all my original songs onto a master disk set. With so many songs & song ideas, it's been difficult to organize it all.
It took 14 CDs to hold all my current recordings..
Info directly from this project:
9hr and 39 minutes of Original, Finished Songs:
131 Original Songs on the set. (Several songs are still unrecorded).
16 new, unheard songs onto CD.
163 recordings, 37 New (never put on disk)
(32 Alternate versions, instrumentals or a cappella versions)
7 Cover songs (2 written by friends, I recorded them here and added my backup vocals or guitar/bass).
Songs ranged from about 2 minutes to about 5-1/2 minutes, with the average song perhaps 3-1/2 to 4 minutes.
Additionally, I made 63 recordings of new song ideas, hooks, choruses, melodies, bass lines, etc . . . .
NOTE: When you get a new idea for a song "RECORD IT RIGHT AWAY! or it will disappear forever. Writing it down doesn't work, you need to record it to get the right groove.

I recorded 1:07 of new song ideas. The recordings of song ideas were SHORT - from 12 seconds to 1-1/2 minutes.

Grand Total: 226 recordings, 14 disks.

72 new recordings since I recorded my last master disk set in 2014

9hr and 39 minutes of Finished songs:
This set burned to CD on: 12/9/19
All songs copyrighted by Alan Bradley.
It's a lot of work to organize it all, but I recommend that you record whatever you write, if you want to hear it again.
- Alan
#295177 by RhythmMan-2
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm
I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Has anyone else on this site made any attempts at this kind of thing?
#295178 by schmedidiah
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:57 am
RhythmMan-2 wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Has anyone else on this site made any attempts at this kind of thing?

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse
8)
#295179 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 pm
Nope. The crap songs I give up on, and never record. The mediocre ones might get recorded, then left to dry out and rot. Listening back to songs on my 1st and 2nd CDs (unintentionally, just going through unlabeled discs recently), many should have been left aside, too!