This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295127 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:07 pm
Simpan28 wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:
Simpan28 wrote:Well f**k you faggot i am good. I havee a nice tone and sense of pitch.

all that jazz aside, listen to your Headed Out To the Highway karaoke track. there's a backing vocal you're singing along to and you still can't handle any of the high notes. there are different ways to sing high notes, by using your diaphragm, larynx, lungs, tongue, etc differently. I used to be able to sing these Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson high notes in my 20s at full volume. now that i'm 45, I can't hit those high notes but I can at least fake a lot of the lower ones (like Highway) by singing more like Neil Young. it's more in the throat. if you could learn that technique, you could pull these tunes off better than you are now. but as it is right now, you suck at it.
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you find a band that can use your, er….., talents and please post video of your live performances. i must see that! :mrgreen:

Lets ask other members here if they think i suck?
Because you are a bully. I can hit those high notes i dont see any problem with it.

ok Burger King. have it your way! :mrgreen:
#295132 by Mordgeld
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Simpan28 wrote:...Lets ask other members here if they think i suck?
Because you are a bully. I can hit those high notes i dont see any problem with it.

I don't think you suck. You have potential, but...
Is anyone here that you are asking for validation from a professional singer? Think of the analogy of building a car for the drag strip. There are a lot of things you can do on your own to get it to perform well but it won't be racing with the pros. For that, you need a lot more hard work, money, and assistance from others that know how to do it. Right now, you can go join a local band and they will put up with your vocals. If they are good enough to go professional, they *will* replace you unless you up your game. You may sound good to the average Joe in a bar, but you might want to ask yourself at some point, 'who is my competition?' The difference between a formally trained singer and an amateur is stark.
#295134 by Mordgeld
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:05 am
Gulag McStradinsky wrote:
Mordgeld wrote: ....Think of the analogy of building a car for the drag strip. There are a lot of things you can do on your own to get it to perform well but it won't be racing with the pros. ...

Some professional advice from RuPaul ...

Well, maybe a boat for you if you are truly up in the middle of the Bearing Sea. I lived Petersburg for a while. We had 3500-ish ppl in town which would be like 30 times the 110-ish ppl where you are. How's your satellite Internet there?
#295136 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Because i think i have a good voice and cant find any flaws with it.

I tried seeing youtube videos but i didnt learn one thing. I just sing.

Just listen to this.

https://old.vocaroo.com/i/s1hXIiB2H7o1

Sorry to tell you - if you can't hear it, others can - your pitch is all over the place. If you had software with a vocal tuner (like Melodyne), you would be able to visually see how your notes are up and down all over the place. Maybe you do better on a metal song, but I could only listen to about 10 seconds of this track before shutting it down.
#295137 by schmedidiah
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:42 pm
if you only watch one youtube video the rest of your life, make it this one. :idea:

https://youtu.be/2NWbSuCrF8o