This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293025 by Mordgeld
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:06 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Hello Just by starting of i am not a singer. Just someone who likes to sing i know i dont sound good. I want some feedback on this song. This song to me is one of the greatest songs ever made in heavy metal history. And i tried to sing it not easy. But atleast i tried. Tell me what you think about it? It is recorded on Smule an android app for karaoke songs so it is not mixed.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1wqFHqH6j3J

Great song. Rob Halford isn't easy to emulate. I'm going to skip all the nit-picking and say that if you keep at it, you would be fine doing metal. Anecdotally speaking of what I've experienced of the standards of your average garage metal band, you'd be alright in your local scene if it is conducive to metal. Lots of metal bands settle for sub-par singers and, IMO, what kills most metal bands is settling for a shite front-person. I've heard much worse than you have recorded here.
#293028 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:41 am
I think this style suits you better than journey, but there are still pitch problems. Find a vocal coach who can teach you how to HEAR the notes you need to hit correctly and how to hit them without sliding up or down to them.
#293033 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:41 pm
think of it this way. be a marginal metal singer.....or an excellent experimental hard rock vocalist? :wink:
#293116 by meathead510493
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm
Didn't sound half bad to me. A little more practice and you could probably nail it. The actual sound of your voice is good and you have the vibrato thing which is a big plus. I like it.
#295131 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:12 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Because i think i have a good voice and cant find any flaws with it.

I tried seeing youtube videos but i didnt learn one thing. I just sing.

Just listen to this.

https://old.vocaroo.com/i/s1hXIiB2H7o1