This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294207 by MIKE SHEETS
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:43 am
i'VE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 4 MONTHS NOW AND NOTHING !! HOW ABOUT YOURSELF
#294211 by schmedidiah
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm
I found a decent band mate I've been playing with just over 5 years now on this site and I've been a paying member exactly 0 seconds. get er dunn! :mrgreen:
#294219 by Mordgeld
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm
Got 1 musician formerly out of the SF bay area thrash metal scene that has been with us for about a year. Don't need BM for booking gigs; got that covered. Just need one more musician. You want gigs, get out and make some friends so you are known when a show comes up short on bands.
#294228 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 pm
I think new membership in this place tanked over a year ago - at least in my area. I used to see the 'new profiles updates very few days, now there's one new member a month. So the stagnation (and abandoned profiles) becomes more obvious. They haven't updated this place for at least 7-8 years. The forum format got a bit of a change but the profiles and features haven't.

No bands or 'gigs' from here in 6 years.
#294888 by Jon Nilsen
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 am
Sure Ive gotten gigs, joined bands, went on auditions, all that stuff. I don’t rely on it solely though. I’m not gigging much these days but when I was I used it in conjunction with other methods and stayed pretty busy. I’ve been a member for a long time too.
#294890 by toneguy86
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 pm
Nothing really. A couple of inquiries but nothing serious. My son found a band through this service in the Twin cities. Personally I don't know what to make of this thing. Seems a bit worthless.
#294894 by schmedidiah
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:40 am
the site needs an overhaul, badly. software. design. everything. also, every member should pay at least a buck a year to have a profile. some skin in the game. the premium membership needs to come down for sure, and that could help. then there wouldn't be so many zombie profiles attached to dead projects that no one is keeping up anymore.
#294903 by toneguy86
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:45 pm
Just as a bizarre comparison (Bandmix peeps who just took another $12.50 from my credit card I hope you're listening), I posted ads on Craigslist this week and had multiple credible inquiries from pros with great resumes within half a day. So far Bandmix has netted...well...one dude who wasn't serious. Now admittedly I live a ways from a bigger city, but damn. Craigslist.

Now to be fair, the last Craigslist attempt back last year did net a literal plethora of wannabes, unreliables and big talkers, but at least I had inquiries, discussions, auditions and connections. Zip here really.
#294906 by schmedidiah
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm
admin here doesn't care. they have a business model that's easy to run and don't see a reason to address your problems. just do your homework on every profile in your area and have the ones that are worth contacting listed in a note book. only do one month a year of paid subscription to this site, tops. expect a handful of replies for every hundred messages or invites you send out. that's human nature, compounded by the natural flakiness of so many musicians. remember that most people you contact won't even see a notification for it. also, have all the info in your profile that could enable someone to find you off this site. including the name of your profile. google. is a thing people use....just sayin.
good luck.