This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294427 by DainNobody
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:17 am
Is it because they are cheesy sounding modeling amps?..no headroom?..I know I have grown to hate the Roland Cube 40 amp I own..love my Marshall DSL40C tube amp..the tone is so much more genuine sounding..
#294429 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:45 am
Not everyone hates them, just valve amp purists. The models up through the III had very 'fizzy' distortion sound. The IV and V models do much better. Others' first modeling amps (Fender, Peavy) sounded pretty awful too. And listen to the distortion from an early Zoom multi-FX pedal - horrible.
#294544 by Cajundaddy
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:09 am
Spider, Marshall MG, Fender Frontman, are the three amps I cannot work with. I have used them in a backline situation and they physically hurt my ears. I cannot explain it much further than that , but in cheap modeling amps the Roland Cube, Vox VT, Boss Katana sound far far better to my ears.

Spend a little more $$ and get a lot more useable tone.
#294547 by MikeTalbot
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 am
I have a Fender Mustang V for my guitar. It's 200 watts and drives a Marshall 4/12 (although I often push a 2/10 instead).

It's a modeling amp and I love it dearly. Sounds great and importantly for me, I can play it at low volume while getting high volume tone.

Talbot
#294559 by schmedidiah
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 pm
Cajundaddy wrote:Spider, Marshall MG, Fender Frontman, are the three amps I cannot work with. I have used them in a backline situation and they physically hurt my ears. I cannot explain it much further than that , but in cheap modeling amps the Roland Cube, Vox VT, Boss Katana sound far far better to my ears.

Spend a little more $$ and get a lot more useable tone.

I have a Fender FMDSP 2x12 combo and a Marshall dfx head that were about $400 each and I agree the tone pretty much sucks so I use pedals to get the tone I want and try to keep the amp as transparent as possible. more money? yeah, I wish! :lol: