This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287915 by J-HALEY
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:28 am
My Girlfriend and I went to see the Eagles tonight. I must say Vince Gill and Deacon Frey really did an amazing job! Vince Gill is a perfect edition and dang that guy can sing! The show started off with Joe Walsh saying..............”Good Morning” Lol!
#287931 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:54 pm
Saw them twice back in the 70s, don't want to tarnish those memories. How much were tickets this year?
#287954 by Displaced Pianist
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Saw them twice back in the 70s, don't want to tarnish those memories. How much were tickets this year?

Interesting you mention that, Mike. I, too, saw them in the 70s--Bernie Leadon was still w/ them--and then during the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in the early 90s. For the HFO tour, the cheap seats were $125 a pop--outrageous for the time. Henley said something about their fan base was by then in middle age and could afford it. I still thought it sucked, but fortunately, had a press pass and was able to go for free.

Other acts have followed suit. For example, Steely Dan recently played down here (sans Walter, of course) and the tix were mighty pricey, w/ good seats going for $450+. Yeah, inflation and all, but still...

I miss the days when if you had $20-$40, you could get 2 tix to a good concert. As I recall, that's what I paid to see Little Feat (w/ Lowell George), Led Zep, the Who, Allman Bros., Jeff Beck, the World Series of Rock shows in Cleveburg, etc. I saw the line-up of Aerosmith, Robin Trower and Mott the Hoople for $8. Them days be long gone...
#287964 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm
First time I saw the Eagles was right after Leadon left them and Joe Walsh joined. Hotel California hadn't been recorded yet, so they played older Eagles tunes and some Joe Walsh/James Gang songs, too. It was at the old Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, Mass (since rebuilt, home of the Patriots), Boz Scaggs opened, and Fleetwood Mac - just having released Rumours - was the 2nd act. 1976, think tickets were around $24.
Then I saw them in Montreal when the Long Run was released. No more solo Joe songs in the set list.

If I remember right, the Eagles were the first rock band to sell tickets for $100 for one of their shows, it was before the HFO tour, for sure.

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days for ticket prices. How about 3rd row for Bowie's first US tour in 72 for $5.50?!!