This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285726 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 pm
Piss off mate, what, you off of Gilligan"s Isle

Triggered? Your clueless, whose not home Mom or your girlfriend

Truth hurts doesn't it creampuff
#285727 by Strings N Hammers
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Piss off mate, what, you off of Gilligan"s Isle

Triggered? Your clueless, whose not home Mom or your girlfriend

Truth hurts doesn't it creampuff

You're
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/you-re

Who's
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/who-s

Hope these links help
#285728 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:17 pm
Your losing it
I'm not looking for direction from you
from some link you deem worthy

Your so smart you're stupid
#285732 by Strings N Hammers
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Your losing it
I'm not looking for direction from you
from some link you deem worthy

Your so smart you're stupid

Oh I see what the problem is now. You're functionally illiterate, that would explain why you thought I said something that totally was not said. That was my bad dog, I should have realized quicker.

Thanks,
God Bless
#285733 by MikeTalbot
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:39 am
Have to disagree Lynard. I counted up once and I've worked over fifty jobs, even got into that corp baloney and taught myself computer programming. Didn't like much of it and particularly didn't like working construction jobs.

Part of it was I am mechanically incompetent but the other part was i felt like I was burning daylight. After a fairly successful all original band broke up I was laying down tar on a new road in the hot sun and wrote this:

"I tried my best, to write the kind of songs that would sell...
I played my guitar but I guess I didn't play it so well...
Now the sweat's rolling down my face, and it really seems like such a disgrace...
If my tunes woulda sold, I wouldn't be workin' on the road!"

I should add that I quit that job when my alarm clock broke. I hate being late for anything but even more, I hated the thought of being early for that job. It was a lose lose situation. So I blew it off, went to FL and started a new band.

Talbot
#285740 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 pm
To get back to what the original thread subject was ... (which was not talking about all the lousy dirty stinky jobs out there, or even how you liked them)...
Yesterday someone posted on a FB group that they needed a few more players booked for their summer farmers market. Wednesdays from 3-7 (yes, 4 hours and they wanted you to play all the time with just normal breaks) for $50 pay plus a bag of produce from vendors (leftovers at the end of the day, of course) plus tips - and it had to be upbeat family-friendly material. Quite a few people jumped on the opportunity. Maybe when I'm retired and not bringing in a regular paycheck, I would too, but the people responding were people who are scrabbling to make a living off of just music playing.

Now you want to talk stinky jobs...
I worked a lot of temp jobs through Manpower after my college days while interviewing for a 'real' job. I was a hard worker and would often get requests for me to come back (through the agency, and once a sideways deal to bypass Manpower's fees, stayed there for 6 months), but the worst jobs:
Assembly line at a Chlorox bleach plant., either straightening bottles on the line or pulling dented bottles off the line before they went into the boxing machine, or loading the boxes onto pallets, or at the end of the day, dumping the bleach from the dented bottles back into a tank. At the end of those 2 days my sinuses were the clearest they'd been in years!
A week at BFI (Browning Ferris Industries, big trash collection company) in the maintenance building. Most of the time it was simple cleanup/sweep duty, but every once in a while it's be assisting the welder INSIDE a trash truck as he touched up the panels. The stink of wet rotting garbage was everywhere.
One day, all I did all day was haul those cardboard temporary file boxes (30-40 lbs each) from a basement of a building up 10 stairs of a bulkhead, across a backyard and into a storage shed, then back for another one - for 7 hours. At some point in the afternoon, I pulled the ligaments in one knee, but kept on working. I had no insurance at the time, so for the next month all I could do was ace bandage up the knee every morning so it wouldn't bend too much.
Another day I was called in to do cleanup help at a building in downtown Boston that was being gutted and renovated. Most of the day all I did was sweep and pick up the dirt and dust - the air was full of it. Never even thought about it, but that dust surely had a huge amount of asbestos in it, as the building was from the 40s/50s - and this was before all the current removal regulations were put into force.
#285743 by Strings N Hammers
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:To get back to what the original thread subject was ... (which was not talking about all the lousy dirty stinky jobs out there, or even how you liked them)...

I'm confused, you say this thread is most certainly not about what lousy stinking jobs we've all had or how we've liked them, then you proceed to tell us exactly just that.

If this is really what you want to talk about then great I'm all about it, I once pounded sand as a junior enlisted soldier in a forward combat line unit, which is precisely why I don't need to punch a clock anymore and can focus on music full time. Who knows maybe those guys you saw scrambling for gigs took a couple hits for old uncle sam too (Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st Airborne), never judge a book by its cover so the saying goes.
#285746 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:40 pm
People get motivated by different things Talbot, I had 4 kids and a wife and a ex-wife
to raise, I had to work hard, and I dug the sh*t out of it. When I got out of college got
a bigtime office job, but after three years quit, cause I thought I was a badass. Went to
work pouring concrete, and if you could pack 2 forms out instead one, they'd pay you double.
I phukking loved it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
#285748 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:53 pm
Zenith Hammer wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:To get back to what the original thread subject was ... (which was not talking about all the lousy dirty stinky jobs out there, or even how you liked them)...

I'm confused, you say this thread is most certainly not about what lousy stinking jobs we've all had or how we've liked them, then you proceed to tell us exactly just that.

If this is really what you want to talk about then great I'm all about it, I once pounded sand as a junior enlisted soldier in a forward combat line unit, which is precisely why I don't need to punch a clock anymore and can focus on music full time. Who knows maybe those guys you saw scrambling for gigs took a couple hits for old uncle sam too (Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st Airborne), never judge a book by its cover so the saying goes.

What we can't talk about both in the same thread? You're reading what you want into my reply, not what I said. :roll:

No, I doubt these mostly young 20s musicians (male and female) ever did any time in the service.
#285751 by Strings N Hammers
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:39 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote::

No, I doubt these mostly young 20s musicians (male and female) ever did any time in the service.

Again I don't care what we talk about. You just pointed out that we're getting off subject talking about our nasty jobs and proceeded to talk about that very same subject. Seemed confusing..

Also you'd be surprised what young 20 something are asked to do in the service. I've personally seen young 20 somethings Lt's and Captains lead hundreds of men into combat. All it takes is one blown spinal disk on a ruck march to change the total trajectory of their lives and rotate them back to the civilian world. This is in fact what happened to Jimi Hendrix, he twisted his ankle on a parachute jump and that was the end of his military career. He died at the ripe old age of 27. Though ultimately I agree with you, most of those young 20 somethings probably haven't served, all I'm saying you never know until you stop to ask the reasons why someone has chosen to pursue the life of what on the surface appears to be a pauper musician. Some people with the right conditions can absolutely make it work and live a comfortable lifestyle.
#285756 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:02 pm
Zenith Hammer wrote:Again I don't care what we talk about. You just pointed out that we're getting off subject talking about our nasty jobs and proceeded to talk about that very same subject. Seemed confusing..

Only confusing because you read more into my post than what I said. I never said 'let's stop talking about nasty jobs, I merely said
To get back to what the original thread subject was ... (
#285758 by Strings N Hammers
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:39 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Only confusing because you read more into my post than what I said. I never said 'let's stop talking about nasty jobs, I merely said
To get back to what the original thread subject was ... (

Well you also said this:

(which was NOT talking about all the lousy dirty stinky jobs out there, or even how you liked them)..."

You forgot to include that. I only asked you a question, I didn't accuse you of anything. Have a good day.
#285770 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm
Zenith Hammer wrote:Well you also said this:

(which was NOT talking about all the lousy dirty stinky jobs out there, or even how you liked them)..."

You forgot to include that. I only asked you a question, I didn't accuse you of anything. Have a good day.

Yes I did, but I didn't say that anyone SHOULD NOT talk about... GEEZ, learn to read, not interpret per your own preconceptions.