This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285695 by SingingIsFun
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:03 pm
Hello

My band never gives me any feedback on my vocals. I have been singing for years mostly metal but also other genres just for fun like karaoke. But right now i am a singer in a band and i dont know if i sound good or not because no one ever told me. What do you guys think?
I will post my smule url here. And my own song i have been working on

https://www.smule.com/simpan26

https://soundcloud.com/intoinfiniteobsc ... -made-song
#285734 by MikeTalbot
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:42 am
For some reason I couldn't get that stuff to play. However, I suggest you view this like a professional - you're a singer in a band. You have not been fired. If you weren't getting it done you'd hear about it, believe me.

Most musicians consider singers major ego guys so they may just be hesitant to stoke that fire! 8)

cheers
Talbot
#285735 by Strings N Hammers
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:10 am
I think you did a decent job on Nessun Dorma, you were flat a couple of times.

That said you're singing fricking Pavarotti/Puccini, which is a 9 .9/10 in terms of difficulty.

That also said, you recorded that on Smule which shows you which way the notes go and when to sing them, which is a strike against you.

My final assessment: you should possess more than sufficient skill to growl, scream, and lament manaically into a microphone.
#285739 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 pm
Didn't listen to your samples, but here's the thing:
If you've been playing gigs and no one (not related to you) has EVER has come up to you during a break or after a show and said 'hey, good job' or 'you really nailed it on ____', then maybe you aren't that good with the type of music being performed.