This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284341 by Planetguy
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Saw Graham Nash performing at The Pageant in St. Louis last night and he put on a great show.

Smallish concert venue that holds maybe 1200 or so.

No opening act. He was supported by a lead gtrst (Shane McShane) and a keyboardist who took care of the low end and played very simple "atmospheric" pads and filler.

GN still has that clear and strong voice and effortlessly hit all the high notes in song's original keys.

The Mrs. and I enjoyed playing a little game. Before most songs GN would give a little explanation of what events prompted the song. As he'd begin the story we'd try to guess which song was coming as soon as he started in.

"So, Joni and I stop into this store where she buys an antique vase and we head home, we get there and......"

"Oooh, ooooh.....what is 'Our House', Alex?!!"
#284344 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:42 pm
The only 1 of the 3 who still can sing as he did 50 years ago (Woodstock was 50 years ago this coming summer!)

We're going to see Stephen Stills and Judy Collins in June.
#284346 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 pm
I loved Judy Collins and Joni Mitchell at the same time!
#284368 by Planetguy
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:12 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:The only 1 of the 3 who still can sing as he did 50 years ago (Woodstock was 50 years ago this coming summer!)

We're going to see Stephen Stills and Judy Collins in June.

Well, he's definitely the only one wearing pants w the same waist size as he did at Woodstock.
#284535 by Cajundaddy
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:34 am
We saw him last year at the Fox Riverside and he was excellent. Really excellent! My wife normally just tolerates my passion for Woodstock era musicians but she loved the show as well. Great songs with a simple pared-down production. Live music played well. 8)
#284548 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I loved Judy Collins and Joni Mitchell at the same time!

Judy Collins actually contacted me on facebook back in 2014 because I was working with Wendy Waldman. At first I thought it was a hoax...but she's a very nice lady.