This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283213 by TeamTurningPoint
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm
Hello! I am a member of team Turning Point in my engineering design and development course.
The goal of the course is find a problem to solve, justify the problem, and develop a solution to that problem.

We are in the process of justifying out problem which is "Musicians, especially those who require both hands to play their instrument, have difficulties when trying to turn their music pages while playing, which can interrupt their performance or practice."

We have compiled a short, 6-question survey pertaining to this issue, and we would greatly appreciate any responses!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
#283253 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 pm
should I be honest when answering or politically correct when answering? :(
#283260 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:34 pm
and remember people, let's be careful out there.....and not click on any links put out there by folks you don't know.
#283286 by schmedidiah
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:13 pm
Planetguy wrote:and remember people, let's be careful out there.....and not click on any links put out there by folks you don't know.

i'm familiar with google docs. could it still be bad? idk. serious question. :idea:
#283287 by Displaced Pianist
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm
To the OP: I'm pretty much the only person who regularly visits the forum and who uses scores (you wouldn't need a "page-turner" for charts or lead sheets), but as P-Guy notes, I'm not the sort to blindly click links posted by folks I don't know. If you have a short survey, post it here and I'll post a reply. But honestly, I've never needed a device to turn the pages of a score.
#283395 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm
But you know if you were playing out of a 400 page songbook
Trying to learn Wasted Time

It would be nice not to have to have the page corners bent
ready to flip the page over while still playing in realtime