This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280407 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:33 pm
george1146561 wrote:
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:it matters because shiipping costs vary substantially depending on what postal zone you are shipping to, that's why.. and you can generate shipping labels from your house so why bother schlepping the pkg. to the post office Fed Ex center etc.

What part of "as long as the buyer pays the shipping cost" didn't you understand? When I sell something on eBay, I either use their service to calculate shipping costs and add them to the price, or I charge a flat rate that covers the most distant location, or I hide the cost of shipping in the cost of the item where it doesn't show. That's what everyone who has a clue about shipping does when they sell stuff.

And I am well aware of how easy it is to print your own shipping labels at home, because I do it often when I sell things on eBay, after I put the label on the box, I still have to schlep the box to the local shipping center that handles FedEx, UPS, and the USPS.

the point made if shipping cost is too high the buyer will not carry through, he will abandon his quest for the eqpt..
#280413 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm
you don't have to schlep it to post office george.. you sell a lot and not aware of this? and even UPS and FedEX will pickup for 18.00 a week, or it used to be, but USPS is free pickup..
https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPick ... put.action
#280419 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm
it does not need to be exposed to the elements of thievery.. use a locked staging area with only the carrier knowing where they key is hidden.. I use a diamond tread stainless steel tool box the kind you see in beds of pickup trucks.. most time I leave it unlocked, but if I have to be somewhere they know where the key is..
#280426 by schmedidiah
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 am
this current ongoing argument...... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:mrgreen:
#280433 by DainNobody
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:08 pm
so george, don't ya at least hate standing in line at the post office? :)