This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279147 by J-HALEY
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:10 pm
Wow that is uncanny. I am sure it is by design. Heavily influenced by Zep no doubt!
#279149 by MikeTalbot
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm
I believe Montrose's first album to be equal to Zep's first.

I was in a cover band in FL when it came up, my brother and I learned about five of the songs in a couple hours. Basic, fundamental rock played with all the energy we could ask for.

Talbot
#279156 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:37 pm
Was that the one with Bad Motor Scooter? Yeah, me too. That was fresh off the Edgar Winter gig, right?

Love how Sammy Hagar wore a plain black t-shirt for every gig.

I met Ronnie Montrose at a guitar show in Dallas in 2007. Nice guy who can still play like a monster.
#279163 by MikeTalbot
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 pm
Best piss up of my life was at Alex Cooley's Electric Ballroom in Atlanta, the night Montrose played there. That place rocked as hard as I ever need to.

My brother threw up on a cop's shoe but everybody was so jazzed from the show even the cop just told me to 'get his ass home.'

As to Zep I felt Montrose was our equivalent, not that they sounded the same as Zep, but that they rang the bells at the top of the concourse just as Zep did.

Talbot