This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279136 by J-HALEY
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:25 am
George, I went to your site here at bandmix and checked it out. Not to be cynical but because I enjoy listening to other folks music. You can tell I went there if you scroll down to the very bottom of your page. I'll invite you to go to my site as well.
#279141 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 pm
george1146561 wrote:
yod wrote:george, you're just being a belligerent dumbass now. I don't know this person you're talking about? I'm definitely not a CCM derivative, so either you didn't actually listen or you're ignorance is showing. My guess is the latter since you think that 80s rip off euro band is fresh.

I still have no clue who you are. I've listened to two or three of your songs. You've made it clear that is all one needs to hear from an artist to know what they're all about.

I don't give a damn how many rooms you claim are in your house in Spartanburg. I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Until I do, the only things I know about you are what I read in your posts.

Why the belligerent combative attitude?

One thing you've said is certainly true; you don't know me, especially if you think I'm a CCM derivative. Maybe a Zep derivative, or an Ofra Hazah derivative, or maybe even a Hank Williams derivative. But I've never learned an Amy Grant or Chris Tomlin song in my life. Maybe I will just for you?

And the amount of rooms I have in a house was only answering to your silly accusation about how to measure "make a good living" since you openly presumed I'm lying about that. Now everyone can see they were dishonest silly accusations all along.

#279162 by schmedidiah
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 pm
His email is in his Spartanburg post. Go contact him and settle this in private. Yours is not exactly the most entertaining feud in the annals of Bandmix forum history, tbh. :roll:
#279223 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 pm
george1146561 wrote:
So, until I know who the hell you are. Until I can look up your discography, or visit your website and check out your past tour dates, and otherwise do the kind of routine research I would do for any artist or band I had recently discovered, to me you are just a braggart hiding behind a deliberate cloak of anonymity.

Dude...what is the matter with you?

First you say you listened to some of my music, then you say "Until I can look up your discography, or visit your website and check out your past tour dates, and otherwise do the kind of routine research I would do for any artist or band I had recently discovered, to me you are just a braggart hiding behind a deliberate cloak of anonymity.

If you can put "'Dead flies in the ointment of the apothecary causeth it to send forth a stinking savor, so does a little bit of folly in a very wise man' - King Solomon" at the bottom of every single post, then you can put your real name and contact information"

Which is it? You looked at my website and I'm hiding nothing.

All I know about you is that you're a belligerent redneck who can't seem to type a sentence or discuss anything here without insulting me for whatever reason you have imagined.

What is your freakin' deal???

If you can put "'Dead flies in the ointment of the apothecary causeth it to send forth a stinking savor, so does a little bit of folly in a very wise man' - King Solomon" at the bottom of every single post, then you can put your real name and contact information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huOHL9kfLPM

#279599 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:54 am
george1146561 wrote:So, here are two recordings of a song. The first one is the original hit recording. The second is a remake of the hit. However, though the remake was recorded almost a decade later, it is by the writer of the song. So, which is the "original" and which is the "cover"? Is the one released first the original, or is the one released later by the songwriter the true "original"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxxkwBQk_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8KlYc0xG80

WhoTF really cares?! :lol:
#279603 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm
george1146561 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:
WhoTF really cares?! :lol:

Music fans. Advocates of musicians only singing songs that they wrote themselves. Me.

No, I think you're wrong. Music 'fans' don't give a FF about whether a song is a 'cover' or 'original' - or what to call it. They care about the music/song itself. Either they like it, don't like it or are indifferent about it.
The only thing that you seem to care in this instance is perpetuating your argument with Ted.